A Spirited Perfect Ten

Lee

Adventurer
When I see a film, I'm only thinking about THAT film. I don't want to ponder the next 11, which is why I didn't need the SECOND added scene in the credits (yeah, the one way at the end!)
Conversely, were it not for the connections to the rest of the Marvel 'verse...I would have no great interest in any of the films.

Despite your image of me as a Marvel fanboy, that couldn't be further from the truth. Take away the connections to the larger story and I'm completely "meh" about the films. (Except the first Cap film. I'm a sucker for the wartime period.)

Maybe if they'd start tying all the Pixar movies together I'd want to see them...

the.dreamfinder

I think @WDW1974 bashes or at least appears to bash Marvel movies because he doesn't like the Marvel nerds snorting pixie dust and taking over the movie release calendar. I mean, without Marvel, we could be treated to such gems as The Cat From Outerspace 8 or The ****gy Dog Part 23.

Note - Apparently S - H - A - G is a curse word? Are those UK rules?
There's also the Disney fans who MAGICally became Marvel nerds on September 1 2009.

PhotoDave219

I don't believe that. That would mean there are 50K+ in the MK every single day of the year, which can't be the case. I would believe that TDL and TDS have underreported numbers for TEA, as those parks are legitimately crowded almost all the time. I also don't believe that DHS pulls in 10M per year.

Even if TEAs numbers are accurate, it does Average out to 53k/day right now. Over 20M would push it to 56-57k range.

gmajew

Premium Member
Conversely, were it not for the connections to the rest of the Marvel 'verse...I would have no great interest in any of the films.

Despite your image of me as a Marvel fanboy, that couldn't be further from the truth. Take away the connections to the larger story and I'm completely "meh" about the films. (Except the first Cap film. I'm a sucker for the wartime period.)

Maybe if they'd start tying all the Pixar movies together I'd want to see them...

I think the way the tie in the movies to each other is one of the best features. If you miss one you may miss a small tidbit but like in Ant-Man it was just a few inside jokes about the other movies.

Edited could not get spoiler tag to work so took out part that may tick off some.

doctornick

I think the way the tie in the movies to each other is one of the best features. If you miss one you may miss a small tidbit but like in Ant-Man it was just a few inside jokes about the other movies.

Exactly. To me, the combined universe aspect is quite possible the greatest feature of the MCU. And the teaser-for-the-next-movie post-credit scenes are very popular and very talked about. I don't think I'd be nearly as interested in the Marvel films is they were just stand along unconnected movies.

PhotoDave219

There is no way you will ever convince me that MK outdraws Tokyo Disneyland. OLC gives us TDR’s attendance figures in their annual report so we know that Tokyo’s number is solid. The only guess work is how their attendance is split between the 2 parks. MK has to be over reported.

And there's no way you'll convince me that my people are lying to me.

VJ

you mean incapable of releasing a film not designed to make you cry?
Seems it's just me, but I'm getting a little tired of that trope. Every Disney (and Pixar for that matter) animated film released since, like, 2010 tries overly hard to make audiences "feel" and it's getting a little too predictable.

Travel Junkie

And there's no way you'll convince me that my people are lying to me.

I’m sure I won’t.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense though when TDL has more capacity than MK, yet MK closes to capacity a handful times a year where TDL closes to capacity a handful of times a month and they have the same number of dead days which is very small barring a severe weather event. Quite a conundrum.

Goofyernmost

Don't let Dave hear you say that! ;)
It would be fun, if not a huge waste of time, to go through just this thread alone and count how many time it has gone off topic. Many times by the OP, so it's really hard to tell what is on topic and what isn't. I just stopped trying. Just look at the title of this thread, "a-spirited-perfect-ten" could someone possibly define exactly what that topic would be? Don't say the original post, because that changed a few times before the first page was done. Personally, to me the most interesting discussions are almost always off topic.

PhotoDave219

I’m sure I won’t.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense though when TDL has more capacity than MK, yet MK closes to capacity a handful times a year where TDL closes to capacity a handful of times a month and they have the same number of dead days which is very small barring a severe weather event. Quite a conundrum.

Seriously, comparing everything to Tokyo Disneyland is becoming a message board meme/cliche.

GiveMeTheMusic

Seriously, comparing everything to Tokyo Disneyland is becoming a message board meme/cliche.

In this case it's applicable since they report their actual attendance numbers and they have two of the most crowded theme parks on earth. Multiple hour waits for multiple attractions most of the time, especially weekends. Ticket controls. MK rarely has to implement those kinds of measures and rarely has multiple hour waits on multiple attractions at the same time. Plus it has lower capacity.

Therefore it's almost impossible for MK to be outdrawing TDL right now. It doesn't add up - the MK doesn't have 50K+ in every day of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom