A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Sorry, but, wouldn't there need to be some form of motivation and reason other then location to suspect me of murder. How about all those others that are stuck in the same traffic jam, are they not suspect as well. No, that kind of thinking, although something to be aware of, is not really feasible and even though it isn't perfect our legal system is a little more sophisticated then that. Perhaps in a dictatorship it would be common, but, we haven't reached that yet. As for keeping that information, well, there must be some pretty bored agents collecting stuff on me. I doubt I would ever be on the top of the list of probable suspects, so, no I don't worry excessively about it. I've served on enough jury's in my life to know that it isn't all that simple to convict someone of anything. Can it happen, sure! But, when figured in the totally per capita numbers it is a very small number.
It's really simple - Cops are lazy if the 'computer' can give them a suspect list instead of flattening their feet doing real 'police work' well they like the majority of humanity will take the easy way out,

Sucks to be you because you get to spend thousands on legal advice when your only 'crime' was being in the wrong place at the wrong time through no fault of your own.

Here is a lecture from a noted Law Professor on why one should never talk to police.

Guys... can we step away from Truman Capote territory here and remember this is a family forum? I mean if I'm supposed to have stopped with the entendre's (so said @The Mom ) can we leave the grizzly murder discussion elsewhere?

Although @asianway's last post made me think of Full Metal Jacket....

Cesar R M

At least TWDC isn't dealing with the Islamic Republic of Iran. Shanghai has some autonomy better than that on the mainland. But yes it still is communist, yet We "The People" a.k.a. our elected officials are dealing with commies and Islamic radicals everyday so no big deal if Disney builds in Asia. It's a business like any other. After all more than likely the thing you are on commenting about this was built in "Communist China".
Id take Iran over ISIS or BOKO HARAM supported nations imho.
besides.. IRAN has a reason to be ed with the meddling of the USA in their country.

If Disney doesn't want the public to know these things, they've truly failed. Indeed, it's pretty hard to build something in China without the public knowing you're dealing with communists. The public ain't that dumb.
My point is that they're NOT actively saying that the Chinese Government has a big stake on it.
Not that they're "hiding it".
Its all under "Disney did this, Disney did that". which is way different from "Shendy.. which is government owned by the Chinese Party, owns more than half the park".

Cesar R M

Remember the praise TDO was giving guests early on with Nextgen when the bands failed or something else associated? "It is a known issue."
Tell me about it, I suffered that lol.

thanks god the magicbands did not failed on anything important(except the doors, which I had to use a card)

I can't really understand this because then I look at all the Omnimovers and boat rides that already exist at WDW. They clearly don't have a problem cloning ride systems. Then there's also Spidey and Transformers down the road. Indy and Dinosaur would have no problem coexisting if Disney decided to do so. @PhotoDave219's point makes more sense.
careful mentioning universal..
@PhotoDave219 might go into Super Judge mode, and he might make Judge Dredd jealous.

Cesar R M

The problem is of course WDW just closes stuff with nothing to replace it so fans are desperate for ANYTHING at WDW including 20 y/o rides
Aaah yes.. anyone remember when these restaurants close even if the other restaurants are bursting at the seams?

Scarier are the lunatics defending him on Insta from the big bad bully Spirit.

Putting him on notice if he does that to me again I will have the Osceola County Sheriff at his front door within 10 minutes.
Thats pretty normal online.
Groupies and "sheeple" then do follow certain individuals to form an "enclosed group" syndrome.
Where they join and unite against "external bullies" (even if their own participants were the instigators). Doesn't mattering who is right or wrong... just.. blindly defending each other.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Read the book "Three Felonies A Day" now couple that with records of every phone call (including voice content) email, text message, GPS location and financial transaction. This information about you will NEVER go away, Now offend someone powerful and you find yourself in a world of hurt. THAT'S why collecting and KEEPING this information is anathema to a 'Free' society.

Personally I don't think this information should be kept AT ALL but with the reality of terrorism I can see it being kept perhaps 10 days unless you are the subject of an active investigation. After which it hits the digital shredder.

Trivial example:
You are stopped in a traffic jam, A murder occurs nearby - well guess what you are now a SUSPECT simply because your phone's GPS said you were withing 50 yards of the crime scene when it occurred, Now do you understand WHY this kind of data collection is dangerous.

Kinda reminds me of that famous movie of of Will Smith and Gene Hackman.
Enemy State, very good movie regarding how.. by simply watching something bad.. might make you targeted as enemy of the state.

To resume, anyone in the NSA can be spying people for personal reasons(they do, specially dudes doubting their wives's fidelity) .
Now suddenly, you were added to every single terrorist list. Which means you can lose everything (credit cards, your rights, be detained for months with no access to lawyer..etc..) and if you dont comply, they pretty much can toss you into a jail forever.

Goofyernmost

Guys... can we step away from Truman Capote territory here and remember this is a family forum? I mean if I'm supposed to have stopped with the entendre's (so said @The Mom ) can we leave the grizzly murder discussion elsewhere?

Although @asianway's last post made me think of Full Metal Jacket....
What we said is absolutely no more grizzly then what happened to Bambi's mother. In fact less, in ours no one was killed, just talked about. Disney in many areas was very "grizzly" if that's the criteria, but, I realize that it is a minor stray from a perfectly constantly coherent and on topic thread.:)

lazyboy97o

So why is Disney so slow to build things despite greater expense compared to Universal? I've seen many generalized explanations of bureaucracies of corporations and WDI wasting money and union labor and so on. Star Wars land was waiting on direction of the movies, plus the first draft wasn't ambitious enough. Avatar's lengthy timeline may be due to its ambition and James Cameron's busy schedule. The lack of other updates has (until now) been to lack of funding and interest. But going forward with the numerous new projects, what should we expect? It seems like Iger hasn't been ignoring opportunities to trim the fat so shouldn't we expect Disney to start getting more for its dollars, and more quickly?

Would anybody care to give a more detailed, specific analysis?

I'm OK with the answer being that I need to go read DisneyWar or some other (newer) book!
Being detailed and disorganized costs money. Disney goes into a lot more detail but also changes those details. Things like choosing just the right color of expensive building materials and then painting right over them. Starting construction before everything is finalized. Not building things right. Having lots of meetings. Having even more meetings. Buying fancy new toys only for the duration of a project.

Shanghai is part of mainland China. I don't think it has the kind of autonomy that Hong Kong or Macau have.
China is not the absolute, top-down system people image. It is a fragmented system with competition and power plays within the Party itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom