A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

I still don't believe Staggs is the true heir apparent...
You gotta be freakin' kidding me....... Just when I began to hope for Disney again :facepalm:

Its the same people! They all worked for Peter Murphy in the 90s/2000s as Eisner turned everything to crap. Staggs gets put in as Iger's COO and he installs one of his fellow Murphy disciples as Chief Strategy Officer? Looks like a consolidation of power to me.

I hope Staggs isn't the heir apparent... unless he's about to play the Game of Thrones. That never ends well.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Oh great.... They're getting the Strategic Planning Group back together and bringing back all of Peter Murphy's disciples.

Cant wait for them to start gutting the budgets that were just passed....

/sarcasmfont

With this bunch back together we'll be lucky to get a 'value engineered' TSPL as the only thing added to DHS, See why I curb my enthusiasm Today's WDW will always screw up a good thing (Mermaid and 7DMT) as the most recent examples without even going into the #YearOfTenThousandCuts aka 2015.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You gotta be freakin' kidding me....... Just when I began to hope for Disney again :facepalm:

It's why I never bothered to get excited in the first place, I knew WDW would find a way to sacrifice any joy on the altar of 'short term profit', Mark my words Paul Pressler will probably get rehired with this bunch in charge.

PhotoDave219

For those who dont know what the Strategic Planning Group is at Disney, .... There's some required reading.

Please google that along with the name Peter Murphy. Then read the book "Disneywar." Then you'll realize that it was the root of all evil in this company.

The company getting the same cast of characters back together, this time in even more powerful positions? This cant end well....

PhotoDave219

This is some comedy right here. You can measure Eisner's success in magic and Iger's in shareholder returns. Igor was better at making money while Eisner kept Walt's dream alive.

First. Igor assisted Dr. Frankenstein. Robert A. Iger is President/CEO of TWDC. While I think I'd enjoy Marty Feldman as the head of TWDC, they're not easily confused.

Second, you've neglected to do the required reading. Please go back, do the reading and then come back to share with the class so you can understand the wirte-down of the Go.Com deal and the horrible financial return on the $5.2B purchase of The Family Channel.

PhotoDave219

OK, I think the countdown for "Inside Out" overload has begun.

I just got a "Disney Insider" email and the subject?

PURE IMAGINATION - Why Bing Bong is the Greatest Disney•Pixar Character Ever

"He is pure, unchained imagination and his DNA..."

Yeah, they are eying him for Imagination, no doubt. ;)

Oh just let it go......

Besides, it was Mrs. Incredible! (and dat , doe.....)

rucifee

However, the floor is yours. Please, feel free to describe how Peter Murphy's reign as head of the Strategic Planning Department under Michael Eisner did anything to promote the dream of Walt Disney!.

Peter Murphy did well for Eisner for a long time but sadly brought Eisner down with him as he fell off a cliff towards the end of his time with the company, you sure are pointing a lot of blame at Eisner who had a long history of success up until that point. It's unfortunate you would do that to him, I wonder what your agenda is.

As for Eisner promoting the dream of Walt Disney, The Wonderful World of Disney. /thread

PhotoDave219

and in standard third person, double spaced 10pt ariel, standard essay format... with 15 direct quotes please

Hell, even I pulled that earlier. From at least seven sources. One on Roy Disney, One on Miramax, one on Marty Sklar, LAT, NYT, WSJ and Disneywar. That doesn't even get into the Katzenberg legal proceedings or the Ovitz debacle. Or Go.Com or The Family Channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom