A Spirited Perfect Ten

Quinnmac000

Sad this had to happen.....I honestly am not trying to be PC but when stuff like this happens I do wish Disney would send out more diverse sets of characters or more films for kids to identify with which could help prevent things like this.

Aboriginal girl, 3, 'tried to SCRUB her skin off' after being told she couldn't be Queen Elsa from Frozen because she is black

The little girl subjected to racist abuse at a Disney event in Melbourne after she dressed up as a character from the animated film Frozen was so 'traumatised' she reportedly tried to scrub her black skin off.

After taking her daughter Samara, 3, to a Disney-themed children’s event at Watergardens shopping centre in Taylors Lakes, Victoria, Indigenous mother Rachel Muir was annoyed enough at having to wait two hours in line - but much worse was to come.

Ms Muir wrote on Facebook that while the pair were waiting in line a mother and her two daughters also in the queue racially abused her daughter, telling her: 'Queen Elsa isn't black'.

'The lady in front of us turned around to Samara and said "I don’t know why you’re dressed up for because Queen Elsa isn’t black",' Ms Muir was quoted telling local newspaper The Courier.

'I asked the woman what she meant by the comment and then one of the woman’s young daughters screwed up her face, she pointed at Samara and said "you’re black and black is ugly".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-skin-off.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailau

Phil12

The secret is to to buy a cheap helium balloon and tie it to a chair in front of the ac fan, the fan keeps it moving and the ac stays on all night.
The motion thermostat also has an infrared detector as well. It must detect both motion and the heat range normally given off by a human. If it doesn't detect both motion and the thermal radiation given off by the human body, the thermostat will not be activated.

jakeman

Sad this had to happen.....I honestly am not trying to be PC but when stuff like this happens I do wish Disney would send out more diverse sets of characters or more films for kids to identify with which could help prevent things like this.

Aboriginal girl, 3, 'tried to SCRUB her skin off' after being told she couldn't be Queen Elsa from Frozen because she is black

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-skin-off.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailau
Yeah but the Australians have a race problem somewhat on par with the US regarding the aboriginal folks. On par in severity, different issues of course.

Bairstow

The motion thermostat also has an infrared detector as well. It must detect both motion and the heat range normally given off by a human. If it doesn't detect both motion and the thermal radiation given off by the human body, the thermostat will not be activated.

Heat%20Treat%20Hand%20Warmers%20at%20REI.jpg

RSoxNo1

Fair enough. I greatly enjoyed Lone Ranger. I also understood that Disney sabotaged their own film too ... I'd say Lone Ranger was on par with Jurassic World (perhaps even better because of the amazing train sequence at the end that was real, not computer generated BS).
Lone Ranger really gets a bad rap, but it was an enjoyable movie. The problem it had was the people who are familiar with the Lone Ranger aren't your typical movie goers. That and a string of mediocre live action movies from Disney has made it hard to trust them. IMO, it was their best live action offering in quite some time if you're not counting Pirates movies.

RSoxNo1

As for being a Disney shill just because he gets PR event invites...I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get on WDW's PR list for years, so I don't begrudge anyone who does get in. I have lots of other friends on the list, and I don't think it necessarily means you don't have journalistic integrity.
If it makes you feel any better, I've been removed.

BrerJon

I don't know anything about the Lone Ranger other than the trailer, TV show was long before my time, but going by just the trailer made it seem like the action sequences were boring, the jokes weren't funny, and Depp was phoning it in for the cash. Basically nothing there to entice a casual audience member to pony up for a ticket, so not surprised it flopped.

Having said that I should give it a try as I liked John Carter; that too had terrible trailers and promotion. As did Tomorrowland, which was also excellent. And Frozen landed with a bit of a thaw initially, until good word of mouth made it a sleeper hit over the following few months. The best Disney animated film of the last five years, Winnie-the-Pooh, didn't even register on the box office radar.

Basically Disney movie marketing isn't the greatest, and that really hurts them sometimes, even if the films themselves aren't to blame.

Cesar R M

the annoyance was when the kid was abused by a racist mother and a little girl.
Just shows.. that again.. adults with serious mental issues are the bane of humanity.

MarkTwain

I don't know anything about the Lone Ranger other than the trailer, TV show was long before my time, but going by just the trailer made it seem like the action sequences were boring, the jokes weren't funny, and Depp was phoning it in for the cash. Basically nothing there to entice a casual audience member to pony up for a ticket, so not surprised it flopped.

Having said that I should give it a try as I liked John Carter; that too had terrible trailers and promotion. As did Tomorrowland, which was also excellent. And Frozen landed with a bit of a thaw initially, until good word of mouth made it a sleeper hit over the following few months. The best Disney animated film of the last five years, Winnie-the-Pooh, didn't even register on the box office radar.

Basically Disney movie marketing isn't the greatest, and that really hurts them sometimes, even if the films themselves aren't to blame.

If you liked John Carter, you'll probably like Lone Ranger. They're similar films, and I truly think that both movies' failures are the fault of Disney marketing, not the quality of the movies. The Lone Ranger is probably my favorite Disney live-action movie since Curse of the Black Pearl.

Phil12

It does if you are in the room sleeping. Not so much during the day when you're in the parks.
The passive infrared sensor (PIR) will detect your infrared radiation if you are in the room sleeping. You can remain motionless and the thermostat will still be activated and cool the room. If the thermostat shuts down the cooling (or heat) while you are in the room then either the temperature limit has been reached or the thermostat is defective or maladjusted. Humans emit infrared at wavelengths between 9 and 12 microns.

As Bairstow pointed out, you can use a small heat source placed directly under the thermostat to trick the temperature gauge into thinking the room is warmer.

Last edited:

Brewmaster

The passive infrared sensor (PIR) will detect your body heat if you are in the room sleeping. You can remain motionless and the thermostat will still be activated and cool the room. If the thermostat shuts down the cooling (or heat) while you are in the room then either the temperature limit has been reached or the thermostat is defective or maladjusted.

As Bairstow pointed out, you can use a small heat source placed directly under the thermostat to trick the temperature gauge into thinking the room is warmer.

Remember a simpler time? Pepperidge Farms does...
image.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member

The Lone Ranger TV ads made it basically seem like "Jack Sparrow plays an Indian"

stevehousse

this is terrible, and i expect the racist mother and daughter thought she should have come dressed as Tiana instead...:oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom