A Spirited Perfect Ten

Shaman

It is just a title, but a title they really, really want. And I'm positive "Inside Out" will be marketed as the #1 animated film in the world. They care and so does the press. It won't take much to be labeled a disappointment, even if that's not quite true, but if JW has ridiculous numbers again compared with a solid opening for IO, the optics won't look good. Especially when they were all pegging IO to clean up the box office and leave everyone else in ashes.

That might have been the case before Jurassic...but it is expected that the dinos will hold this weekend. It will be more news worthy if IO beats JW though.

Mike S

It seems that the average gen X-er views Disney as an expensive obligation for their kids if they can afford it once in their life. Jim Gaffigan does a routine that sums up the attitude quite well.
For more misleading criticisms of WDW by the ignorant, see The Simpsons in which they go to EFCOT (Special Edna) and lampoon EPCOT Center, as it was at its peak, or when they go to Diz-Nee-Land (The Man Who Came to be Dinner) and lampoon the atmosphere of a castle park.

Anyways, it's still unknown how millennials will view the park- we could either be a generation of predominant Pixie Dusters, one that again views Disney as a parental obligation, or one that views it as another campy, boring way to enjoy the time of yesteryear, where grandparents take their grandkids in a futile attempt to morph the mindset of the "kids these days."

Loved those Simpsons episodes, also that stand up routine :) Thank you FX for doing the Every. Simpsons. Ever. marathon.

gmajew

Premium Member
You can attribute it to whatever you want. You commented on the types of crowds drawn, I gave you the data.

And what would have Walt done? I'd like to think that Walt and Lilian would have walked around handing out candy during the Halloween parties and cookies during the Christmas parties.

Dave what was that the same period last year? Is this a new trend or has it been that way for years?

PhotoDave219

So looking at Free Dining dates for a second..... (It was the next column in the spreadsheet!)

• 2013 - 44 Days (12% of the year)
  • 2014 - 65 Days (18% of the year)
  • 2015 - 62 Days (17% of the year)

Edit: Actually, I think it would be easy to go back and dig up those for a few years back as well as the number of Hard Tickets Events

Edit 2: Just not today.

SYRIK2000

So looking at Free Dining dates for a second..... (It was the next column in the spreadsheet!)

• 2013 - 44 Days (12% of the year)
  • 2014 - 65 Days (18% of the year)
  • 2015 - 62 Days (17% of the year)

Edit: Actually, I think it would be easy to go back and dig up those for a few years back as well as the number of Hard Tickets Events

Edit 2: Just not today.

I like free dining, I lucked into a PIN offer for free dining last year at a resort that wasn't in the public's promotion.

PhotoDave219

I like free dining, I lucked into a PIN offer for free dining last year at a resort that wasn't in the public's promotion.

Yeah, it was pointed out that different countries have different free dining promotions or there are some that aren't advertised.

I really need to make friends with a travel agent thats done this and has all these dates.

Honestly, all this came out of an argument over whether there is a dead season anymore and it snowballed. (The answer is yes and its called September.. specifically the 10 days after Labor Day.)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just when I'm out, they keep pulling me back in...

AK is selling brownies shaped like animal dung.

Let that sink in.

Brownies marketed as animal dung. TWDC is LITERALLY telling its guests to eat [excrement].

For once in my life, I'm reduced to the Millenial cry, "I can't even right now."
That's nothing new.

IMG_0008.jpg

I've also seen "Moose Poop" candies both at WDW and elsewhere.

bhg469

Just when I'm out, they keep pulling me back in...

AK is selling brownies shaped like animal dung.

Let that sink in.

Brownies marketed as animal dung. TWDC is LITERALLY telling its guests to eat [excrement].

For once in my life, I'm reduced to the Millenial cry, "I can't even right now."
It is pretty insane. Im sure on paper, this was a good ide...... nope not even on paper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom