A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Cesar R M

On the disney social media front - here's something amusing from the parks blog. They wrote a photo essay about Old Key West Resort, including this photo:

mickeylamp578945.jpg

Take a look at the bottom. It looks like a 2 year old when crazy with the eraser brush! My question is: What were they trying to erase away? Chips in the paint? Stains on the couch?
ripped texture?
I dunno...when I went there, almost everything was ok (had the 2 room villa that was in the fartest area.. near Tortuga, by the last pool)
2 things happened there anyway.. 1) the hair dryer threw sparks and failed 2) flimsy light switch in bathroom. Apart from that.. everything was allright.

Cesar R M

Disgusting.
I actually loled at Kenny's comment about tower of popularity.

You know WDW food prices are out of control when I can go to Moishes (rated 6th best Steakhouse in the world, a 75 years institution in Montreal) and get a 45 days Dry Aged Rib Steak for cheaper than the steak at Le Cellier. For those wondering, the Montreal Rib Steak is the signature canadian cut of beef and would be called a Bone-In Ribeye in the US.

I remember when you could get a real Surf n Turf with a 6oz. Filet and 8oz. Lobster Tail at the Yachstman Steakhouse. 65$ back in 2003, but that's what the cast member 50% off dining coupon was for! Is Shula at the Dolphin dry-aged or wet-aged? All they say on their website is "aged to perfection.
aged to perfection according to who?

Cesar R M

I think you're reading too much into this, it's just an out or focus object in the foreground. I've stayed in that very exact room and it was in good shape for being a DVC room at the oldest resort.
The out of focus shouldn't look all that bright shinny and smudged.. That is pretty clear they used a brush to delete parts.
Probably a shoddy photoshop modification by an amateur graphic design trainee (maybe it was one of those college students?).

I like Fidel more.
zufLMZS.gif

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Slight update: been walking World Showcase all afternoon with the gf. Definitely noticed a ton (15 is probably a low estimate) of bachelorette parties, and an abundance of new graduates. Increasingly throughout the day I've seen exponentially more wasted people, either trying to get as much of F&G stand drinks as possible before it ends, or (if they're like any of us) kicking them back because they know what this gate is actually offering.

Saw a bunch of corporate casual CMs and security swarm the women's bathroom in the UK cause some girl was wasted, puking, and half asleep taking about "her birthday" and numerous wasted 'guests' falling over each other, screaming happy birthday songs to friends, or just speaking unfiltered to one another, regardless of what age or type of person hears it. I saw someone that was absolutely hammered hanging on their significant other and get a running start for the steps to the Mexico pavilion

Cast members have been friendly, though slightly off topic. One CM in Morocco pointed out a colleague and told me he was from Philly after I said I'm originally from there. I thought the CMs in WS were actually from those countries, but apparently only secondarily or tertiarily.

I was "randomly selected" for the metal detector at the gate for the third time in a row (I must be a suspicious looking fellow, with my nonexistent backpack, clean-shaven face, and generally happy disposition). Haven't gone on any rides, so I can't comment on the wait times, but the same shirt parties and Brazilian vacationers are starting to coalesce.

Pray for me, send me vibes, anything you or your selected deity do. It's kind of a wreck here today guest-wise.

i remember when F&G was about well gardening Now as you have seen its devolved into Drunkytown Spring Edition. So much for the prices limiting alcohol consumption.

Mike S

NGE could still be eating money if all the implementations that were planned for launch haven't launched and are still in process of being installed. See the new MyMagic thingies that show your name in queue areas.
Some of that stuff has been there for a long time like the digital Hitchhiking Ghosts, the Small World and RnRC TV's, etc. It just wasn't till now that all the StoryMaker stuff was "turned on."
And don't forget that everything being developed for DL in the sixties was put on hold for several years, thanks to that little obscure project in Flushing Meadow. Some kind of fair, I believe. :p
I went last year and observed the same kind of behavior displayed in Shanghai a while ago. No respect for what that land once held.

UpAllNight

Any news on major refurbs on any future world attractions when Soarin and Frozen open at Epcot? I'd love to see Mission Space go down for a major update for several months.

Or will 2017s new offerings solely be focussed on Avatar?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Every time I've posted to agree with someone who brings this up or the issues that occur during F&W, I see a TON of posts stating this isn't happening or isn't an issue as they've never seen it. My friend, I have seen as much as you on this topic. It's a sad state of affairs.That said....(to save the the turmoil)....You didn't see anything. This doesn't happen at EPCOT. Just turn and walk away. :)rolleyes:)
I think people just have different definitions as to what they classify as "crazy drunk people". Wife and I spend a majority of our WDW trips in Epcot as we usually stay at one of the BW Resorts and enjoy the food and drink. Not sure how often you visit but we have been over 15 times in the last 7 years. Do I see drunk people at Epcot/WS? Certainly. But not the horror show so many claim to have witnessed. Where are the videos and photos of this so called daily occurrence? And Im not talking about the few viral videos like the guy climbing the pyramid. There are just as many videos of people acting crazy at MK or any other park. Ive had dozens of run-ins with perfectly sober crazy moms or dads who feel entitled and act is if WDW is only there for them.

If Epcot is the "Drunkeytown" people make it out to be, then Magic Kingdom is "Entitled Psycho Mommy pushing a 9 year old in a stroller Town", which is far more disturbing than a college kid who had a few too many shots of tequila.

yensidtlaw1969

The out of focus shouldn't look all that bright shinny and smudged.. That is pretty clear they used a brush to delete parts.
Probably a shoddy photoshop modification by an amateur graphic design trainee (maybe it was one of those college students?).

zufLMZS.gif
Its furniture in the foreground. The shot is trying to use framing in an interesting way, it just happens to be less than successful. I think you're reading too much into things . . .

RSoxNo1

Was going to comment on this and saw the post. Disappointing that Robert Niles continues his plunge down the Lifestyler Ladder by kissing up to Disney social media with crap content like this. I'd expect it from the low levels and low lifes, but really?!?!

What a weak column. All I can think about with that and the recent Micechat column is Disney is very desperate to spin this as a good thing. Oh, and I appreciate so much how everyone has borrowed the 'news' from this site -- AND ME -- and no one gave credit.
I always properly source my information.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its furniture in the foreground. The shot is trying to use framing in an interesting way, it just happens to be less than successful. I think you're reading too much into things . . .

Thats what I thought but unless the furniture has varying density Id go with someone using the erase tool badly, you can see the circular shape of the brush used

yensidtlaw1969

Thats what I thought but unless the furniture has varying density Id go with someone using the erase tool badly, you can see the circular shape of the brush used
The circular shape got me for a second too, until I realized it's most likely bokeh from a highlight on the corner of a white chair (or other piece of furniture). Clicking the link, there's a shot of the couch that uses a similar depth of field in the same essay. It's much more likely a style choice (though a weird one) than a completely erroneous photoshop tragedy that somehow made it past everyone and into publishing. Those corners aren't even erased to white - lending credence to the idea that it's white-painted furniture that's out of focus. That's not even the way you would photoshop something out of a photo like that, it just doesn't make sense.

DisKid

One other interesting thing to add from Saturday, all the sudden the payment system was down across the Magic Kingdom at all the kiosks. Our son wanted a frozen fruit bar, so we got that from the cart and paid with cash. We then went to get pretzels in Frontierland at a cart and the guy rang us up and told me to get the items from the other side of the cart. I was taken aback because we hadn't paid. The other Cast Member gave us the food and I said that we hadn't paid. She then let us know to enjoy it because the system was down and there was no charge. They were all manually logging all the items that they were essentially giving away. That was quite a surprise and clearly not a surprise that the spreadsheet readers were going to like from that particular afternoon! :)

This is interesting. Just got back from our second ever cruise and second cruise on the Disney Dream. The credit card system was down on it last week also. They said they just updated the system in port just before we left and had caused lots of problems. The only way you could make purchases on the ship was to charge it to your on board credit card. The cast members manning the registers said they had lost business due to this as some people did not want to charge to their room or did not have a credit card set up for on board charges.

If you want to see the REAL Disney experience, take a Disney cruise! Since the discussion has gone on about the cleanliness of WDW, the cruise ships are immaculate! When docked at any port they bring out a man lift and wash the side of the ship. You don't see any other cruise ship getting that treatment. And while on board they are always cleaning and painting somewhere on the ship. We had a bathroom light not working properly and turned it in at the guest services desk and before we got back to our stateroom it had been fixed. And we basically left guest services and went right back to our room! This is where the REAL Disney experience has gone.
Have been going to WDW since 1977 and do not really care about going back even though we have a trip planned for June. The Disney Cruise has spoiled us now!!!!!

asianway

This is interesting. Just got back from our second ever cruise and second cruise on the Disney Dream. The credit card system was down on it last week also. They said they just updated the system in port just before we left and had caused lots of problems. The only way you could make purchases on the ship was to charge it to your on board credit card. The cast members manning the registers said they had lost business due to this as some people did not want to charge to their room or did not have a credit card set up for on board charges.

If you want to see the REAL Disney experience, take a Disney cruise! Since the discussion has gone on about the cleanliness of WDW, the cruise ships are immaculate! When docked at any port they bring out a man lift and wash the side of the ship. You don't see any other cruise ship getting that treatment. And while on board they are always cleaning and painting somewhere on the ship. We had a bathroom light not working properly and turned it in at the guest services desk and before we got back to our stateroom it had been fixed. And we basically left guest services and went right back to our room! This is where the REAL Disney experience has gone.
Have been going to WDW since 1977 and do not really care about going back even though we have a trip planned for June. The Disney Cruise has spoiled us now!!!!!
I've been going on Disney Cruises for over ten years and you've always had to charge everything to the room, then pay off with cash/CC at the desk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom