A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Sped2424

Lol!!! I'm hoping the wait for that won't be as bad with everything that's opening between now and whenever it's coming. King Kong, Fallon, F&F, Volcano Bay, and that rumored Avengers E Ticket make the wait for Nintendo somewhat easier to take. I would be lying though if I said I wasn't bummed that it's been over a year since the announcement and we haven't gotten any news except for a possible 2020 opening at USJ and rumors of Mario Kart and possibly a DK family coaster. Makes you wonder why the announcement came seemingly early like Avatar. This one hopefully won't take 6 years.
WHAT Nintendo better hit before the avengers eticket because if I have to wait another 5 years I might cry :(

UpAllNight

Nintendo hasn't actually been announced at all though has it, other than a partnership exists with an intent to build? I personally think Universal need to keep Nintendo for that third park to give it a huge attention grabbing draw.

On UO the talk is of some changes/ removal of Dragons Challenge as the next major project, and not Avengers.

twebber55

Lol!!! I'm hoping the wait for that won't be as bad with everything that's opening between now and whenever it's coming. King Kong, Fallon, F&F, Volcano Bay, and that rumored Avengers E Ticket make the wait for Nintendo somewhat easier to take. I would be lying though if I said I wasn't bummed that it's been over a year since the announcement and we haven't gotten any news except for a possible 2020 opening at USJ and rumors of Mario Kart and possibly a DK family coaster. Makes you wonder why the announcement came seemingly early like Avatar. This one hopefully won't take 6 years.
both universal and disney is working with an outside company who probably pushed for an early announcement

Soarin' Over Pgh

The full wall screen effects really amazed me since it actually made me think they were actually underwater. This makes the Under The Sea scene in The Little Mermaid look even more cheaper than it already looked.

Sorry these two posts are from several pages back- but there's an excellent point made here and should be repeated and viewed more than once.

I'm actually looking forward to this movie now. Still a bit worried about Tim Burton doing Dumbo.

Same. I just can't imagine a positive remake of Dumbo in any way shape or form, but especially in the hands of Tim Burton. Don't hate; I love me some Tim Burton, but I shudder to think what his uptick-slightly-crazed view of Dumbo would be. The movie was sad to begin with...

Carmikes all over Gerogia still

There are a few left around Pittsburgh, as well. Personally, I prefer other cinemas- it's just a comfort factor. The ones I've been to around here are quite outdated and sad looking.

ratherbeinwdw

Carmikes all over Gerogia still
True. We have three Carmike multiplexes and two Carmike discount theathers.
Ours are super nice all-stadium seating. They've now added beer at the concessions at the largest one. I don't know how that will go. The 623-seat one has very steep stairs. Don't know how safe that will be. I don't believe anyone would be able to get drunk in two hours. It should be fine. The only thing I've noticed at arena events where people drink is that they get louder the more they drink.

Mike S

WHAT Nintendo better hit before the avengers eticket because if I have to wait another 5 years I might cry :(
It would more likely be 4 years to open up with Japan which is a possibility I've read. So pretty much 2019/2020 with work starting after Fallon and F&F are open.
Nintendo hasn't actually been announced at all though has it, other than a partnership exists with an intent to build? I personally think Universal need to keep Nintendo for that third park to give it a huge attention grabbing draw.

On UO the talk is of some changes/ removal of Dragons Challenge as the next major project, and not Avengers.
The rumor has been Mario and DK for USF. That still leaves Zelda and many others for the third park. I know what's been said on OU but @marni1971 has been saying Avengers so right now it's pretty much wait and see. It's not completely impossible that both could be true either but that's just me with no real info.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The rumor has been Mario and DK for USF. That still leaves Zelda and many others for the third park. I know what's been said on OU but @marni1971 has been saying Avengers so right now it's pretty much wait and see. It's not completely impossible that both could be true either but that's just me with no real info.

That's the last I was told. But one thing I've found with Comcast is there's so much coming that projects keep getting bumped down the list in favour of others.

Mike S

CjTpxyPXAAAQXCP.jpg

friedriches

What did you think of the new Jungle Book? (assuming you've seen it)
Because here's what I don't get- it's got the parts people are not thrilled with - 1) total CGI - check! 2) totally derivative - check! (and personally I found it VERY boring) yet it RAVE reviews from all corners.
I just don't get it.

I appreciated the efforts Favreau and his team took to bring something new to the screen, though I'll agree large parts of the film felt very much the same. However, I think the core characters and plot are inescapable- a lot of the viewing audience, unfortunately, goes in with expectations of what they'll be seeing, and you have to be able to appease those people too. I think those people were happy with what they saw, though I heard complaints about the final act from some friends (that part was my favorite part of the film).

There are things I would have done differently, plot and character-wise. I agree that the pacing was slow; they took essentially the same narrative and stretched its running time (quick Google search shows an extra 33 minutes of running time in the new one). But I didn't disagree with the general consensus of the reviews.

The production quality and the new technique they used, animating the film first and then shooting and compositing Mowgli in, allowed for very dynamic and integrated interactions between the actor and the generated characters and environments. That, and Weta hit it out of the park with the animals. There's not a better studio in the world for creature animation. (Inconsistent with the rest of the film: I felt like the opening moments with Mowgli running in the jungle were composited in 1998. Not sure which graphics house did those shots, but they dropped the ball.) Production quality does not a film make, but this was overall some of the best work we've seen on-screen.

I also thought the direction was, for the most part, done well. I know Seti as Mowgli got mixed reviews; I'm also mixed on his performance. But the grown-up voices here were top-notch.

My favorite part was the end credits. Dr. John + clever animation and motion graphics? Yes please!

Monorail_Orange

Sorry these two posts are from several pages back- but there's an excellent point made here and should be repeated and viewed more than once.

Same. I just can't imagine a positive remake of Dumbo in any way shape or form, but especially in the hands of Tim Burton. Don't hate; I love me some Tim Burton, but I shudder to think what his uptick-slightly-crazed view of Dumbo would be. The movie was sad to begin with...
Agreed on the first part. On the second part, I get your concern, but two of my favorite Batman movies were his Batman reboot and Batman Returns. If Burton can strike the balance (at the time, that was the darkest silver screen version of Batman to date - and yet still had some great humor sprinkled in) with Dumbo, then it could turn out great. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Nickels5

Please don't take this the wrong way, but calling out @Mike S, a highly active contributor who has been around here for a little awhile, probably isn't the best way for a newer member to introduce themselves to the forums. I think over time you'll find that many posters here call things like they see them, the good and the bad...if over time you find that you aren't a fan of reading opinions contrary to your own, there is an ignore feature that can take care of that for you.
No offense, I've been reading the forums for years and finally decided to start posting, its a message board man, just like you said people have call it like they see it and that's exactly what I did, many posters here or very fair and unbiased but when every one of your posts has something to do with Universal I believe your in the wrong forum. Thank you for your very kind suggestion, I don't put people on ignore I am a big boy.

Monorail_Orange

No offense, I've been reading the forums for years and finally decided to start posting, its a message board man, just like you said people have call it like they see it and that's exactly what I did, many posters here or very fair and unbiased but when every one of your posts has something to do with Universal I believe your in the wrong forum. Thank you for your very kind suggestion, I don't put people on ignore I am a big boy.
You've misjudged him, and those of us who have been around here a bit longer are simply trying to suggest the same to you. @Mike S has earned our respect, and calling him out untruthfully a second time in the post I've cited was uncalled for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom