A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

PhotoDave219

Big difference everything with you is how universal is so much better then Disney, but all the numbers show otherwise.

Look, new kid..... Leave this one be. You have no idea how much we've worked to steer the Universal discussion to the Universal forums on this site.

The short version IMO? Universal is behaving the way Disney did in the mid-90s and Disney is behaving the way Universal did under Blackstone....

Disney Analyst

Regarding Shanghai Disneyland

This twitter has a ton of clips of Ignite the Dream:
https://twitter.com/daykota

Looks like so far:

Mickey Mouse Opening
Lion King
Little Mermaid
Star Wars
Frozen
Finale

Edit to add:

Noticing a small Up segment, Pirates segment. Friend like me segment.

I'm noticing use of Waterscreens which I didn't expect. Also The Little Mermaid section is a direct copy and paste from World of Color in terms of audio.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Another Shanghai dumpling basket from a person familiar with ops.:

Right now, two major attractions are having issues and wouldn't be ready for opening ... there are also problems with a signature show.

Favorite attractions early on have been Pirates, Soarin and ...well, I was only given those two.

Haven't been major issues with line cutting or people trashing the park, but Disney/Shendi/CCP is controlling who is coming into the park on trial ops days. Ticket distribution has been tightly controlled.

I am waiting for a western CM to put a how to video out on squat toilets!

Nickels5

Look, new kid..... Leave this one be. You have no idea how much we've worked to steer the Universal discussion to the Universal forums on this site.

The short version IMO? Universal is behaving the way Disney did in the mid-90s and Disney is behaving the way Universal did under Blackstone....
Lol your funny.

Nickels5

And the numerous cuts and price hikes across the board? All the numbers show is that WDW gets more customers. WDW's well deserved reputation has been engrained in our society because of the amazing product they offered from the 70's through the 90's and in some cases a little beyond that with things like Expedition Everest. Since about the mid 2000's WDW has been mostly resting on the laurels of its past and is just now investing where it's needed. Everything happening at Animal Kingdom is a step in the right direction and Star Wars Land I'm sure will be amazing but additions like these have been needed for a very long time now at those parks.
Not arguing that Disney has a lot to do, I agree that they have taken their foot off the pedal for a period of time and it has shown in some areas. My point is Disney is still the best at what they do, and it's quite tiresome that every conversation about a ride or a show you feel the need to bring in universal. Which in its own right is a great park but doesn't compared to what Disney has to offer.

FigmentForver96

Not arguing that Disney has a lot to do, I agree that they have taken their foot off the pedal for a period of time and it has shown in some areas. My point is Disney is still the best at what they do, and it's quite tiresome that every conversation about a ride or a show you feel the need to bring in universal. Which in its own right is a great park but doesn't compared to what Disney has to offer.
He does not bring in Universal in every time but if you went back to look you would see that. Disney has always been the best at what they do but lately no they are not doing the best. I would love to bring up the other park and how they are creating new rides and experiences with large amazing AA's and ride tech but then I would just be a Disney hater so I suppose that would be pointless huh? Perhaps you should visit the DIS boards....you would do well there.

Quinnmac000

USJ bump isn't solely due to Potter even though its a huge factor but also its Universal Cool over the summer where they overlay and create attractions based on popular IPs in Japan like Yokai Watch, One piece, Resident Evil, etc. I wonder if this will boost the second park plan for Osaka into reality.

I knew Tokyo Disney Sea was going down based on reports last year but this definitely confirms it. With the Tokyo Olympics though I don't they can rush to get things built faster but they are at a huge advantage already for 2020 with the games being in Tokyo to get the attendance back up.

Disney Analyst

Another Shanghai dumpling basket from a person familiar with ops.:

Right now, two major attractions are having issues and wouldn't be ready for opening ... there are also problems with a signature show.

Favorite attractions early on have been Pirates, Soarin and ...well, I was only given those two.

Haven't been major issues with line cutting or people trashing the park, but Disney/Shendi/CCP is controlling who is coming into the park on trial ops days. Ticket distribution has been tightly controlled.

I am waiting for a western CM to put a how to video out on squat toilets!

Which show? The stunt show? That seems to be something we haven't seen video of yet... the same with the rapids ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom