A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Disneyhead'71

Can we all just agree that this looks incredible?
download_image
Pandora will be the end all, be all of IP based theme park lands. No one, not even Disney, will spend this kind of money on a single IP theme park land again.

It is going to be the shizzle.

TalkingHead

Pandora will be the end all, be all of IP based theme park lands. No one, not even Disney, will spend this kind of money on a single IP theme park land again.

It's not how much it costs, it's how well it's designed. I'm still skeptical that the floating rocks effect will be convincing, but I have no doubt that it cost a fortune.

Mike S

Considering that Pandora will be costing $1 Billion but should've cost about half that considering the info we've gotten here I would hope no other land approaches its cost, lol.
Well, if its beautiful to look at, but winds up lacking on substance, then it'll be the most perfect movie to theme park translation in history.
Flight of Passage has been said to be more than just Soarin' 2.0 and Na'vi River Journey will have similar tech to Shanghai's Pirates. I'm expecting good things. Took them long enough to wow us again. I just hope they maintain it properly.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

You mean the fizzle but it's way over budget
Yeah, way, WAY over budget. Helped get a guy fired kind of over budget. But that's kind of sad, in and of itself. Bruce submitted a plan for star wars and they said make it bigger. He submitted a plan for TSPL@DHS and they said, make it bigger. And after Potter kicked Iger in the nads, Iger said, 'Turn her broadside and fire all the cannons'. Bruce did.

"OMG!!! All your frickin' projects cost too much! You're FIRED!"

Last edited:

BernardandBianca

Plus you can have more time to spend with the characters besides taking a quick picture with them.

I'm sorry, but we were just at the Crystal Palace lunch, and the entire character interaction was the character (Pooh, Tigger, etc.) coming to your table, signing an autograph, taking one picture, and leaving. Not more than you would get elsewhere. I thought it was a complete waste but out-of-town guests wanted to do it, so we did.

Donaldfan1934

I'm sorry, but we were just at the Crystal Palace lunch, and the entire character interaction was the character (Pooh, Tigger, etc.) coming to your table, signing an autograph, taking one picture, and leaving. Not more than you would get elsewhere. I thought it was a complete waste but out-of-town guests wanted to do it, so we did.
That seems odd. Usually, the characters will give you the extra time, especially if they come around to your table more than once during the meal. Sometimes, they'll even sit down with you for a moment if there's an extra seat. Hopefully, future character meals will go better for tyou.

Cesar R M

Personally I find the top shelf margaritas in Bubba Gumps better than any of the establishments mentioned. but then its about personal taste. I thought Mexicans preferred Palomas, or so certain establishments tried to convince me? I do too but they are too easy to drink like carbonated beverages.

Scrooge mcDuck is an outrageous racial stereotype that mocks my people built on a lie that we are careful with money, while thats may be somewhat true about people from Edinburgh its a slur on the rest of the nation. Its southerners and Yorkshire folk who are tighter than a gnats chuff. It is also misappropriation of our culture. Disney should hang its head in shame given the Scots contribution in building your country.

:confused:
Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds.jpg

Cesar R M

that too is a slur. our drinking is almost athletic in its execution. we hone our skills from a young age, theres nothing random about our drunkenness.
and people mocked us from our sacred siestas.. THE HERESY!!!

Internationally speaking, yes. Domestically speaking, guess what beat its gross both unadjusted and adjusted? They both were in the $2 billion range internationally, so I was confused as to which one you were referring to. Point is, no one cares about Avatar anymore nor its sequels that will never get made.

hold your horses. Pretty sure that Cameron said he was already working on the sequels.
Didnt they have a date already?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Attendance is down at WDW in 2Q16 per Bob.
but what was hit harder? the resorts (hotels)? or the parks?

Avatar is still the single highest grossing movie. Was that a good reason to get it? Maybe not. But it'll sure be good for us WDW fans :)

Apart from bragging rights.. I think the "stunning 3d visuals" is what attracted people to Avatar.

People that still dress up as Navi at comic cons do....
dont confuse x-men's nightcrawlers and/or mystique with Na'vi ;)

Cesar R M

Yeah, way, WAY over budget. Helped get a guy fired kind of over budget. But that's kind of sad, in and of itself. Bruce submitted a plan for star wars and they said make it bigger. He submitted a plan for TSPL@DHS and they said, make it bigger. And after Potter kicked Iger in the nads, Iger said, 'Turn her broadside and fire all the cannons'. Bruce did.

He wanted bigger projects, not a full-arson-attack-on-the-bank type thing.

Rteetz

Sounds like something Bob would do.

Mike S

And now it got cut smaller, lol. I thought Scott Trowbridge is the guy behind SWL?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom