A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

SorcererMC

It echoed the same tired statements we see here by brand defenders whose responses are usually nothing more than an ad hominem, straw man, or tu quoque fallacy, or in some instances, a combination of all three.
Yeah, I've noticed that one must keep in mind logical fallacies at all times when reading the debates around here....so much easier 'to win' an argument when using a logical fallacy instead of disputing available evidence.

asianway

Currently in HK - included in a regular days ticket:

Halloween decorations/music on Main Street

Mickey Minnie/Donald daisy/chip dale/goofy Pluto/Duffy Gelatoni meet and greets in halloween costume

Villain meet and greet in the evening alternating with queen of hearts/cruelly, oogie boogie/jack, big bad wolf/captain hook

Halloween decorations in Toy Story Land

Fantastic 'nightmare experiment' haunted walk through

Trick or treat locations in Adventure Land and with some meet n greets

Video posts themed to villains around the park - a virtual reality type experience

Kids fancy dress costume party

Daytime halloween Cavalcade

Nighttime villain cavalcade with castle projection show and show stop.

Main Street projections at park closing
To add, HKDL gets new Halloween overlays every year, this year including Gelatoni. If anyone noticed the new elaborate overlays WDW special events has(the mice at D23 Sip n Stroll for example), they are hand me downs from HK's 2011-2012 events.

rael ramone

Crazy as it sounds, that's not crazy for a wedding (depending on what it includes). I know upper middle class people who pay $100k for a backyard wedding.

It's insane, but you would be surprised on how much people spend on their "special day". Makes me puke personally, LOL, but it's not out of line for what some of these people are willing to pay.

JP, entire wedding party wearing at best standard business attire, potluck reception in someones backyard. Costs that exceed that by a microcent is grounds to break the engagement....

brb1006

Currently in HK - included in a regular days ticket:

Halloween decorations/music on Main Street

Mickey Minnie/Donald daisy/chip dale/goofy Pluto/Duffy Gelatoni meet and greets in halloween costume

Villain meet and greet in the evening alternating with queen of hearts/cruelly, oogie boogie/jack, big bad wolf/captain hook

Halloween decorations in Toy Story Land

Fantastic 'nightmare experiment' haunted walk through

Trick or treat locations in Adventure Land and with some meet n greets

Video posts themed to villains around the park - a virtual reality type experience

Kids fancy dress costume party

Daytime halloween Cavalcade

Nighttime villain cavalcade with castle projection show and show stop.

Main Street projections at park closing
Hong Kong and Tokyo already have alot of stuff going on during Halloween season. I haven't even gotten started with Christmas. I guess Shanghai is currently the only Disney Theme Park not celebrating Halloween.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What year? They have been building things up the past few.

Last year.

The decor was cool. And they had this short parade a few times a day that was more like a fall festival parade than Halloween. It was ok. Nothing special but it was new to me so I enjoyed it.

Other than that, I remember a few characters dressed up here and there but nothing that made me go wow. Seems like Tokyo and HK do it a lot better based on what I have read here.

But I would be interested to know what the party is like on halloween itself at DLP.

asianway

Last year.

The decor was cool. And they had this short parade a few times a day that was more like a fall festival parade than Halloween. It was ok. Nothing special but it was new to me so I enjoyed it.

Other than that, I remember a few characters dressed up here and there but nothing that made me go wow. Seems like Tokyo and HK do it a lot better based on what I have read here.

But I would be interested to know what the party is like on halloween itself at DLP.
I think they had the villains show last year too. That, a cavalcade, and a dozen villain/halloween themed greets around the park is more than WDW does(or maybe even DL now). The point is that its something as opposed to nothing.

Their Halloween party usually adds different overlays and a few of the rare characters exclusive to Paris. An additional show too.

Nothing like a BTY parade. They used to do multiple parties, and a scarier event at Studios, but apparently that got shut down by OneDisney

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No one is saying Rogue One is NOT going to be a FINANCIAL success, It's just that it's been made acceptable to a toddler audience so 'Disney Consumer Products' can sell a boatload of toys to the under 8 set. What some of us were hoping for and the movie's original concept was 'Vader Unchained' which is more appropriate for a mature audience.

He's supposed to be the second most evil character in the galaxy - but where have we seen him DESERVING that title as in committng violence on a grand scale.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No one is saying Rogue One is NOT going to be a FINANCIAL success, It's just that it's been made acceptable to a toddler audience so 'Disney Consumer Products' can sell a boatload of toys to the under 8 set. What some of us were hoping for and the movie's original concept was 'Vader Unchained' which is more appropriate for a mature audience.

He's supposed to be the second most evil character in the galaxy - but where have we seen him DESERVING that title as in committng violence on a grand scale.

you keep pushing this narrative...but with nothing to back it up.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Exactly, no one is a super fan of Madonna because she's got a voice from the Gods. I also agree that Evita live is really borderline unbearable to hear. I saw the revival on tour about three years ago and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. I guess I was spoiled by the film

Remember the digital voice processing software has only been around for about 7-8 years in a useful format for LIVE productions.

Cesar R M

Good to see the old, "Disney is business" mantra going mainstream, lol. The article aimed to make any dissidence by loyal guests appear to be nothing more than angry old people who dont want change or new attractions. What a joke.

It echoed the same tired statements we see here by brand defenders whose responses are usually nothing more than an ad hominem, straw man, or tu quoque fallacy, or in some instances, a combination of all three.
indeed.. specially this part..

If you’re really upset about something Disneyland has changed, you’ve got better options than getting angry. Just get in the car and spend your money visiting Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter, instead. Or make the short drive over to Buena Park and enjoy all the recent upgrades at Knott’s Berry Farm. Take the kids down to Carlsbad and turn ’em loose to play at Legoland California.
-------------

Yeah, I've noticed that one must keep in mind logical fallacies at all times when reading the debates around here....so much easier 'to win' an argument when using a logical fallacy instead of disputing available evidence.
but..but.. did you know Disney is a business???

I swear that excuse might be as annoying as Vegans repeating "Hi I am Vegan!" joke or the Mormons knocking on doors about finding Jesus.

Disney Analyst

Exactly, no one is a super fan of Madonna because she's got a voice from the Gods. I also agree that Evita live is really borderline unbearable to hear. I saw the revival on tour about three years ago and didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. I guess I was spoiled by the film

The true Evita is Patti Lupone, who killed it, can hit every note, and doesn't sound shrieky. I wish we could go back in time and experience Evita when it first landed on Broadway.... Sorry for the off topic post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom