A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

TP2000

She's in the graveyard, gazing longingly at Jack.

I just got back from a morning visit to the parks, and to ride this year's version of Haunted Mansion Holiday. The scene is set up in the Graveyard around the AA of Jack in his Santa outfit, and Sally is gazing at Jack across the track. The scene and new Sally figure begins at the 5:30 mark of this amateur video...

It's a cute little addition. I also try to go the first few days the ride opens because the Gingerbread House in the Ballroom scene is changed every year, and for the first week or so the smell of gingerbread is very strong. The Disneyland Bakery actually makes a different Gingerbread House every year, and the smell is real not fabricated as you ride past it.

Mike S

I just got back from a morning visit to the parks, and to ride this year's version of Haunted Mansion Holiday. The scene is set up in the Graveyard around the AA of Jack in his Santa outfit, and Sally is gazing at Jack across the track. The scene and new Sally figure begins at the 5:30 mark of this amateur video...

It's a cute little addition. I also try to go the first few days the ride opens because the Gingerbread House in the Ballroom scene is changed every year, and for the first week or so the smell of gingerbread is very strong. The Disneyland Bakery actually makes a different Gingerbread House every year, and the smell is real not fabricated as you ride past it.

And it doesn't spoil in all that time? o_O

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No, Mickey's Soundsational Parade is the afternoon parade at Disneyland. With PTN in refurbishment until November, it's currently being performed twice per day in mid and late afternoon at Disneyland.
mickeys-soundsational-parade_alt.jpg

Why do you think that? There's no recent precedent (Late 1990's to 2016) for Disneyland cutting a parade and replacing it with nothing. If anything, Disneyland management appears to have just gone to the trouble and expense of borrowing (stealing?) the MSEP from WDW so Disneyland has a night parade to run this winter while Paint The Night goes in for its post-Christmas refurbishment. Disneyland's current management seems committed to multiple daily parades, with various day and night versions during peak attendance months.

Thank you. That info seems much more plausible and understandable.

Why do I think that Disney is happy to remove parades, Well at WDW lots of parades have moved to Yesterland and have not been replaced.

MerlinTheGoat

I either missed the memo or this wasn't posted here, but yesterday all the crocodile figures on Living with the Land were gone. The live alligator tank in the greenhouse was also covered up with a tarp, claiming it was under renovation (one of the fish tanks was covered as well though). Was this already known?

I assume this is because of recent circumstances regarding the attack (I highly doubt it's because they're performing maintenance on them). It's already a stupid knee jerk move to remove these, but there's not even any consistency in removing gators/crocs elsewhere at WDW. Gator/croc AA's on Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan's Flight as well as the live crocodiles in Animal Kingdom are still present. Even the morbidly humorous Haunted Mansion portrait of the tightrope walking girl about to be eaten by alligators.

Now don't get me wrong, removing ANY of this from attractions is completely stupid and asinine. But why is this just affecting the Land ride and nowhere else? It just makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Cool. Either way I'll be missing it. My third trip to DL will have to be around the holidays so I can see all the overlays. I can't keep missing out, lol.

That's how I'm justifying this years pilgrimage. I like for a build up of about 8 new things in a resort before considering a trip. Since I haven't done the holidays yet the overlays cheats my logic into eight "new" - for me at least - things.

It's also why I still haven't been back to WDW since 2012... next year though!

asianway

No, Mickey's Soundsational Parade is the afternoon parade at Disneyland. With PTN in refurbishment until November, it's currently being performed twice per day in mid and late afternoon at Disneyland.
mickeys-soundsational-parade_alt.jpg

Why do you think that? There's no recent precedent (Late 1990's to 2016) for Disneyland cutting a parade and replacing it with nothing. If anything, Disneyland management appears to have just gone to the trouble and expense of borrowing (stealing?) the MSEP from WDW so Disneyland has a night parade to run this winter while Paint The Night goes in for its post-Christmas refurbishment. Disneyland's current management seems committed to multiple daily parades, with various day and night versions during peak attendance months.

Thank you. That info seems much more plausible and understandable.
I don't know, I hardly count that garbage dance party thing they ran before Soundsational entertainment. It was not a proper parade

Animaniac93-98

Mmmm I think it was more no?or was it that excruciating?

Geez, I forgot about that too! I kind of liked the finale song from Hairspray, but it wasn't a real parade and it was just sort of... odd. When was that? 2010? 2009?

The Wiki page on past Disneyland attractions/parades just says 2009-2010. No specifc dates.

I'm too lazy to do a search on Miceage to double check at the moment.

GiveMeTheMusic

The Wiki page on past Disneyland attractions/parades just says 2009-2010. No specifc dates.

I'm too lazy to do a search on Miceage to double check at the moment.

I believe it was Feb 2009 - Nov 2010.

It was designed to run alongside Parade of Dreams as a secondary parade offering like its counterpart in WDW. POD was a budget victim after the 2008 crash, so CASP ran on its own until Soundsational premiered. I didn't hate it - loved watching Mary Poppins get down to "I Love Rock and Roll".

asianway

I believe it was Feb 2009 - Nov 2010.

It was designed to run alongside Parade of Dreams as a secondary parade offering like its counterpart in WDW. POD was a budget victim after the 2008 crash, so CASP ran on its own until Soundsational premiered. I didn't hate it - loved watching Mary Poppins get down to "I Love Rock and Roll".
Well it was better than misici and certainly didn't overstay it's welcome. But that was almost 2 years with no true day parade. I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to do it again

Katie G

I either missed the memo or this wasn't posted here, but yesterday all the crocodile figures on Living with the Land were gone. The live alligator tank in the greenhouse was also covered up with a tarp, claiming it was under renovation (one of the fish tanks was covered as well though). Was this already known?

I assume this is because of recent circumstances regarding the attack (I highly doubt it's because they're performing maintenance on them). It's already a stupid knee jerk move to remove these, but there's not even any consistency in removing gators/crocs elsewhere at WDW. Gator/croc AA's on Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan's Flight as well as the live crocodiles in Animal Kingdom are still present. Even the morbidly humorous Haunted Mansion portrait of the tightrope walking girl about to be eaten by alligators.

Now don't get me wrong, removing ANY of this from attractions is completely stupid and asinine. But why is this just affecting the Land ride and nowhere else? It just makes no sense at all.

I've heard that there is a lot of backstage stuff moving around/refurbishing in that area. Perhaps its a tank cleaning? Or it could even be a trade of the older gators for younger gators. When I was a kid, I volunteered at the Orlando Science Center and periodically they would send the larger gators back to Gatorland and get a stock of baby gators. But the swamp tank would be empty for a few weeks during the swap. Not sure if Disney has a partnership with any gator group for these purposes?

bcoachable

Went on the Behind the Seeds tour the day after they were removed..
I can confirm that the gators that were on display are now living permanently in a gator reserve not on property and that the space is being re-imagined (to not include gators)
But we did get to feed the fish in the tanks located just upstream from the now empty gator exhibit, and those fish seemed to be in a very giddy mood for some reason! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom