A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

BrianLo

Fantastic Beasts and Rogue One are locks to be top 5 and there's a good chance they will end up 1 and 2. Moana has a lot of potential too.

I'm a big Potter fan, but I could honestly see it doing anywhere from 800-1.05 worldwide. A big part of that falls on whether it is good and how the general public latches on to it, without Potter. I realize Rouge One falls in the same category, but it's coming off a 2 billion movie, whereas Fantastic Beast only had 2/8 HP's post over a billion. It would shock me if it made significantly more than established stories, even with BO inflation.

Fantastic Beasts needs a Dumbledore cameo in its marketing.

Either way Dis has the top 5 or 6 of the top 6 to 7 on lock, with Warner Bros biting at the heels with a several front-loaded critical failures. I really hope Fantatic Beasts is great.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm a big Potter fan, but I could honestly see it doing anywhere from 800-1.05 worldwide. A big part of that falls on whether it is good and how the general public latches on to it, without Potter. I realize Rouge One falls in the same category, but it's coming off a 2 billion movie, whereas Fantastic Beast only had 2/8 HP's post over a billion. It would shock me if it made significantly more than established stories, even with BO inflation.

Fantastic Beasts needs a Dumbledore cameo in its marketing.

Either way Dis has the top 5 or 6 of the top 6 to 7 on lock, with Warner Bros biting at the heels with a several front-loaded critical failures. I really hope Fantatic Beasts is great.
Batman vs Superman sits at #5 right now at $875M worldwide. I think Potter beats that pretty easy, but it may have a harder time passing Captain America at $1.1B. Potter will get the nostalgia audience though. People wanting to see it because we have been without Potter for so long (just like Force Awakens last year). The difference being SW has a larger and more diverse fan base and is a bigger franchise.

Rogue One would really have to get some bad press to not end up the year #1.

RSoxNo1

Why should our Fantasyland be the only one that didn't get a big new headliner in its expansion?

Disneyland:
frozen-scandinavia-tokyo-disneysea.png

Tokyo Disneyland:
1461764511_new-attractions-confirmed-for-tokyo-disneyland-tokyo-disneysea-for-2020-400x200@2x.png

Also rumors of Alice here and in Shanghai.

Yes, I've been there and it's perfectly visible.

Don't think that first piece of concept art is for Disneyland but I could be wrong.

Mike S

Don't think that first piece of concept art is for Disneyland but I could be wrong.
It's not but it's the best we have considering the rumor that Disneyland is getting the same ride and a village.

Edit: despite my feelings on the placement of SWL out west there's no denying that by the end of the decade Disneyland will probably be the best single theme park in the world. All they need to do is fix up Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

It's not but it's the best we have considering the rumor that Disneyland is getting the same ride and a village.

Edit: despite my feelings on the placement of SWL out west there's no denying that by the end of the decade Disneyland will probably be the best single theme park in the world. All they need to do is fix up Tomorrowland.

Church it up real good.

.....and build parking garages with peoplemovers or moving sidewalks. If they were smart they'd have bathrooms and a store with last minute gifts and drinks/snacks in it as well. They're gonna need more parking for both customers and cast members.

GymLeaderPhil

Well - that explains why corporate Disney needed a weatherman!

29309004012_477f99ef5f_o.png

*I really just wanted an excuse to post this photo, which has brought me a great amount of laughter in the last few minutes... (sorry for the nightmares)
What you didn't see after this photo was taken is when he doused himself in bronze paint and stood still for hours. All for the enjoyment of the Guests.

I heard, not sure if this is true, that "non-toxic" paint got into his eyes and he started squinting. Started screaming something distinctly about being authentically Chinese. Might have been the fumes.

Quinnmac000

For now....

doctornick

I don't think that DL is getting the entire "North Sea" area that is planned (but delayed) for TDS. DL is AFAIK just getting the Frozen ride, but the TDS land should be larger than that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom