A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The bats are animatronic, the drivers are animatronic and there is the animatronic shaman or whatever in the queue. And the Kong looks pretty impressive, largest animatronic I know of. I know you want to crush @Mike S for "hyping" it up but in the end this ride looks pretty good even with the screens.

Everyone might as well face it, screens are the future of theme park rides. Look at Shanghai, Tron has screens, Pirates has screens and projections are used effectively in the Peter Pan ride. Avatar will have screens and Star Wars will have screens, screens for everyone.

Nothing wrong with screens when properly used, "Hogwarts Express" anyone that ride is 'screen' based yet has that delightfully shabby 1950's British Rail feel to it. I'd rather see a well done screen/projection than a painted backdrop.

NearTheEars

Shades of Aquatica....which I thought was going to absolutely amazing...and then they built that.
I hope Volcano Bay is good enough to really give Typhoon Lagoon a run for it's money...especially with the closure of Wet & Wild... which is not a fancy waterpark, but does have a ton of rides and slides... more than any other park in central Florida.

I hope it turns out great as well. Any WDW/UNI competition can only be good for us as consumers.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Marty has seen a lot. I would expect that maybe emotions can have an impact on perception. Attributing it to a free trip is somewhat disrespectful given his credentials but that's just my opinion.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Marty has seen a lot. I would expect that maybe emotions can have an impact on perception. Attributing it to a free trip is somewhat disrespectful given his credentials but that's just my opinion.

I assume he was referring to the overall design and theming of the park.

FigmentJedi

And the fact you can see the shopping district from Tomorrowland.
But don't you know? Shanghai Tomorrowland is pretty much Todayland. Imagineers decided that Shanghai was so futuristic that they shouldn't even bother making Tomorrowland into a city of the future, but just a venue for any remotely science fiction character to decide to set up shop because of how gosh-darn futuristic Shanghai is. That's literally all the "backstory" they gave this Tomorrowland.

Weakest land in the entire park in my book.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I can't fathom why nobody is calling Bob out on that. It's such a big chunk of change, you'd think shareholders would be pretty concerned, but the only questions he ever gets seems to be about showing smoking in movies and ESPN.

You'd think the analysts, journalists and activist shareholders would be all over that one.

Well, his toughest 'critic' in the analyst community -- Rich Greenfield -- has been blacklisted by the company, which refuses to cooperate with him. He knows about this $800 million. Trust me, on this! ;):D:cool: ... I started a thread about that situation, but people didn't get it, complained and it went down on the Business forum to die a quick death.

Apparently, Bob was telling media today in Shanghai that Soarin was added with that money and that is a complete lie as it was in the plans from almost the start and certainly on the mid-2013 planning menu (a year before the money was added).

WDW1974

Original Poster
I've been emotionally numb all day. I feel like running into the abyss or laying in my bed crying my eyes out, yet I can't even muster any emotion. It was so surreal having to work today and pretend like nothing happened 25 minutes from my apartment. It's been a terrible day

I don't want to like this, so I'll just say I hope things get better every day ... I have had a lot of death in my family and circle of friends in the last three years and it isn't fun. And to have all of that go down so close ... well, you have my thoughts and best wishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom