A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Mike S

Yeah, I had read that dinosaurs were part of early versions on Disney and More, but I'd love to hear more of what that would entail. It certainly works well with the whole "Lost World" theme to Adventure Isle. I just think they could have figured a better way to spread thing out with the scaled back version.
I'd like to know what the story behind that Croc is. The Yeti is a world famous mythical creature and needs almost no introduction. I may be missing some context from the queue but there doesn't seem to be any build up to him. He's just there.

FigmentJedi

I'd like to know what the story behind that Croc is. The Yeti is a world famous mythical creature and needs almost no introduction. I may be missing some context from the queue but there doesn't seem to be any build up to him. He's just there.
Local legend to the Arbori tribe that are the natives of Adventure Isle. Entrance to the ride has a big croc head statue adjacent to it, so I'm guessing legend of the "Giant monster god" variety like Kong, Mothra or the original Godzilla

jakeman

ESPN Club on the Boardwalk is likely what youre looking for.

Splitsville's upstairs bar usually has a game or two on as well.
Yeah, we usually end up at ESPN club at least once a trip, either for baseball or college basketball. It's gotten better over the years, but it's still not where it should be in my opinion. It's convenient to where we stay (or stumble from).

Splitsville has been a great go to for us the past couple of trips. They can usually get what we want on the TV while we bowl and eat, and the food/beer is better than ESPN. I've not had a bad experience yet there.

It doesn't have to be a sports bar, I'm just more beer than cocktail, so even Big River will work in a pinch (even though they were at one time, not sure if they still are, just Gordon Biersch).

flynnibus

Premium Member
No, we were in the regular Stand-By line at least 15 minutes before both shows were scheduled to begin. They shut off the stand-by line for Fantasmic not long after we got in line.

I'm pretty sure that is not the main load-in of the show. 15mins early is not early when they are loading in thousands of people. Some of the more familiar people may know the time they start leading people in. For Indy, I think it varies depending on the expected crowd.

PhotoDave219

Yeah, we usually end up at ESPN club at least once a trip, either for baseball or college basketball. It's gotten better over the years, but it's still not where it should be in my opinion. It's convenient to where we stay (or stumble from).

Splitsville has been a great go to for us the past couple of trips. They can usually get what we want on the TV while we bowl and eat, and the food/beer is better than ESPN. I've not had a bad experience yet there.

It doesn't have to be a sports bar, I'm just more beer than cocktail, so even Big River will work in a pinch (even though they were at one time, not sure if they still are, just Gordon Biersch).

But I think you raise a very valid issue. There is a distinct lack of a family style sports bar at Disney springs. It's a demographic they are completely missing out on.

It's an offering that appeals to most demographics and is a simple and proven concept.

Not everybody wants to go to some high-end, fancy, Asian fusion restaurant from a trendy, celebrity chef. Sometimes you just want a place that has the game on and you can have a beer.

COProgressFan

But I think you raise a very valid issue. There is a distinct lack of a family style sports bar at Disney springs. It's a demographic they are completely missing out on.

It's an offering that appeals to most demographics and is a simple and proven concept.

Not everybody wants to go to some high-end, fancy, Asian fusion restaurant from a trendy, celebrity chef. Sometimes you just want a place that has the game on and you can have a beer.

I wonder if there are enough guests who want to go to these higher end places and if enough people are willing to spend the money to eat there. While I certainly do not wish to dumb down the choices to Chili's or Olive Garden fare, I'm not sure the moms, dads, and 2.3 children Disney is drawing are going to be lining up to drop cash at places like STK, Morimoto, etc.

Will all of these places survive (or thrive?) Time will tell, I guess....

GiveMeTheMusic

I am planning to visit a park overseas in September/October. Which would be the best to visit, Shanghai, Hong Kong or Tokyo?

Tokyo is the gold standard, so it should be the top choice. Usually adding Hong Kong or Shanghai (or both) to your airline ticket will be a minimal price difference - might be worth looking to hitting more than one resort since you're flying all the way over there.

PhotoDave219

I wonder if there are enough guests who want to go to these higher end places and if enough people are willing to spend the money to eat there. While I certainly do not wish to dumb down the choices to Chili's or Olive Garden fare, I'm not sure the moms, dads, and 2.3 children Disney is drawing are going to be lining up to drop cash at places like STK, Morimoto, etc.

Will all of these places survive (or thrive?) Time will tell, I guess....

Given the prices that they are charging for everything else, I think they are trying to continue to skew the demographics to higher and higher Classes.

When Disney feels that it's too good to attract those of us who simply wish to watch the game and have a beer, there is something horribly wrong.

jakeman

They may feel that Splitville and the hotel lounges (with their standard definition TVs and crappy hours) services that demo.

I disagree. I've made several post over the years that they have enough craft beers across property that they could compile them in one place and have a fairly respectable taphouse. It's a no-brainer, but the glacial pace that Disney latches onto a trend I doubt it's going to ever happen.

PhotoDave219

They may feel that Splitville and the hotel lounges (with their standard definition TVs and crappy hours) services that demo.

I disagree. I've made several post over the years that they have enough craft beers across property that they could compile them in one place and have a fairly respectable taphouse. It's a no-brainer, but the glacial pace that Disney latches onto a trend I doubt it's going to ever happen.

Oh believe me, I'm with you on this. Those lounges across property turn into waiting rooms for the restaurants.... And while Splitsville kinda services that, it really doesnt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom