A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Phil12

The food options, in our opinion, were also better at DL's Trader Sams. We went for lunch and my husband had a burger, and I had fish tacos. We're not really drinkers, I actually was feeling overheated already when we went, so I got a non-alcoholic drink. I could easily see going to DL's version and having a great time, without consuming a drop of alcohol. The first time we went to the WDW version, there were three of us. We ordered three appetizers and drinks, including taking home the rum flight glasses. It was $115 and we still ended up needing to stop at Hungry Howie's to pick up a pizza because we were hungry.
It sounds as if you've joined me on my diet:
235.jpg

Cesar R M

It is the name of a Disney employee (DVC sales at one point) whom wrote a letter to Management complaining about Trader Sams, specifically they way they mess with people.

Trader Sams was subsequently toned down the last time I visited. So...... I blame him.
Goold Ol' Frank, complained because Trader Sams was more attractive than his DVC kiosk. Damn Frank to hell!

Cesar R M

Roaring Rapids is apparently finally starting CM previews over in Shanghai. However, all the worklights are still on inside and Q'araq isn't just non-functional, he's still being worked on, neck skin open and part of the interior skeleton exposed and all. What was it Disney said about this park again? "Authentically Disney, Distinctly Chinese". Because not giving a crap about bad show certainly fits into the latter.

well, if its CM previews only.. would that count as "bad show" ?

FigmentJedi

these are all remakes right? for PS3 and PS4?
This is PS4. Dream Drop Distance is the one real remake on this disc. The Birth by Sleep follow-up is a short epilogue to that game that looks to be using Kingdom Hearts 3's engine. Back Cover is a movie summing up the mobile Kingdom Hearts Chi game and its connection to the start of the Keyblade War

But yeah, the rest of the series has been made available on PS3 as HD Remix collections. Of course, with PS4's lack of backwards compatibility, that's an issue. But I'm guessing the closer we actually get to Kingdom Hearts 3, they'll port those two titles to PS4.

RSoxNo1

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I need to try Disneyland's.

WDW's Trade Sams is a solid "swing-and-a-miss" because of the staff. People don't get it and the fantastic staff that opened the place moved on.

Plus, Frank complained. Dammit Frank.

I can say that I almost skipped TS while at Poly last month due to some of the negative reviews on here. The line was long to get in on Friday and Saturday nights but every other night had actual wait. When I got the first drink it was surprisingly potent for what I have read. Some friends said that the bartenders that night must have been better than some other ones. What I experienced will definitely have me back there on the next trip this Summer.

jakeman

I can say that I almost skipped TS while at Poly last month due to some of the negative reviews on here. The line was long to get in on Friday and Saturday nights but every other night had actual wait. When I got the first drink it was surprisingly potent for what I have read. Some friends said that the bartenders that night must have been better than some other ones. What I experienced will definitely have me back there on the next trip this Summer.
I didn't care for it, but that's probably because I'd rather be at a sports bar than a tiki bar. I felt the same about the DL one as well.

Food was good at the WDW from what I remember. It was a wholly unremarkable experience for me.

AEfx

I'm honestly surprised WDW doesn't have little dispensers for them so they meter out exactly the same amount of alcohol each time.

FigmentJedi

Wow, I realize that Crikey is still being worked on, but I'm not very impressed with Roaring Rapids on the whole. Better than Kali though for sure
Someone on Twitter pointed out the reports of them planning on cloning Everest seem really redundant with Roaring Rapids's similar storyline. It even has the same "You see the monster moving in shadow, drop and see the beast in animatronic form" show scenes. Thing is though, Everest was better at building suspense and paced out the monster encounters accordingly.
Roaring on the other hand compresses all of that into the middle of the show and you just escape past some water phenomena. The whirlpool effect is pretty cool, but I'm almost wondering if it would be possible to have Q'araq's head peeking from the center and giving the beast more of a supernatural force of nature edge and add more "You're being hunted" tension.

Still the best river rapids ride Disney has built all things considered...

PhotoDave219

I didn't care for it, but that's probably because I'd rather be at a sports bar than a tiki bar. I felt the same about the DL one as well.

Food was good at the WDW from what I remember. It was a wholly unremarkable experience for me.

ESPN Club on the Boardwalk is likely what youre looking for.

Splitsville's upstairs bar usually has a game or two on as well.

the.dreamfinder

Someone on Twitter pointed out the reports of them planning on cloning Everest seem really redundant with Roaring Rapids's similar storyline. It even has the same "You see the monster moving in shadow, drop and see the beast in animatronic form" show scenes. Thing is though, Everest was better at building suspense and paced out the monster encounters accordingly.
Roaring on the other hand compresses all of that into the middle of the show and you just escape past some water phenomena. The whirlpool effect is pretty cool, but I'm almost wondering if it would be possible to have Q'araq's head peeking from the center and giving the beast more of a supernatural force of nature edge and add more "You're being hunted" tension.

Still the best river rapids ride Disney has built all things considered...
Way back when Roarin' Rapids was supposed to have more AA dinos so it appears they just wound up in the same place as EE; budget cuts only allow for one AA that serves as the climax of the attraction.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Way back when Roarin' Rapids was supposed to have more AA dinos so it appears they just would up in the same place as EE; budget cuts only allow for one AA that serves as the climax of the attraction.
Yeah, I had read that dinosaurs were part of early versions on Disney and More, but I'd love to hear more of what that would entail. It certainly works well with the whole "Lost World" theme to Adventure Isle. I just think they could have figured a better way to spread thing out with the scaled back version.

NearTheEars

TBH, I think WDW "feels" bigger. It's definitely a lounge, not a bar tho.

Met up with a former bartender (drinking, not working) in Nomad's who uh-huhed my theory: putting in only 6 barstools means quality bartenders are never going to stay long. Honestly, the bar should have stretched to the surfboard table.

I also agree most new hires since the awesome opening crew just don't get it.

I think it's telling you could walk in Saturday (Gay Days) night and the place was half empty. Tambu and Mizners are always packed that night.

What are the drink prices like at Trader Sams? We stopped in Crockett's Tavern before Hoop-Dee-Doo the other day and had some just OK $11 cocktails. Obviously not the classiest place on property, so I assume they are even more expensive at Sams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom