A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

Cesar R M

Disney would argue that they tried that with Tomorrowland, which was a really good film but still flopped hard, so audiences sent a message saying they don't want anything original thank you very much.
Which is weird, because the movie was very enjoyable. It only had a very weak villain because he technically wasnt a full fledged villain.

The bad thing about alternate original movies is.. A lot of people cant even stop to try to understand them.
They just want another "transformers" with explosions and 1+1=2 plots

There are some other neat tidbits - live actors mixed in with animatronics, and the part that I guess should have been obvious but I never actually thought about - that each narrator would tell the story differently, making re-rides nearly mandatory.

That is going to be one epic attraction.
Kinda like Poseidon Fury? where the live guy interacts with the effects?

Last edited:

Cesar R M

It's refreshing that Disney is willing to spend the money to get things right for the film. If it was a theme park ride (especially at WDW) they would have just added a strobe light effect and called it a wrap;)
thatspreetybrutal.png

Happy gay days at WDW!
Somehow.. somewhere.. a fundie christian "mom" is blistering with rage screaming "heresy.. in my parks? NOT ON MY WATCH" :hilarious:

Missing youth isn't exactly the motivation, but don't worry - most of us bring our own twinks along for the trip.

I mean, who wants to train a new one while on vacation. ;)

"Bryan Singer liked this post"

Last edited:

matt9112

With APs?

Even with a rock bottom price of 200 a night for a mod... 7x200 = 1400 and you said 'our' inferring at least two people... So you were getting 7 day tickets for less than $200 each and had no incidentals at all?

This post could be true, but is disengenuous to the conversation at hand because it's not representative of the norm

Was two tickets because my son was only 3 at the time and moderate was 185ish i believe (this was two years ago) and i think room charges anounted to 200 or something. The dining plan was free. And off season room rates. They rob you blind every day you have to take a little back when you can.

Quinnmac000

Which is weird, because the movie was very enjoyable. It only had a very weak villain because he technically wasnt a full fledged villain.

The bad thing about alternate original movies is.. A lot of people cant even stop to try to understand them.
They just want another "transformers" with explosions and 1+1=2 plots

Kinda like Poseidon Fury? where the live guy interacts with the effects?

Not like Poseidon Fury from what I understand but there will be other live actors.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Was two tickets because my son was only 3 at the time and moderate was 185ish i believe (this was two years ago) and i think room charges anounted to 200 or something. The dining plan was free. And off season room rates. They rob you blind every day you have to take a little back when you can.

still missing a few hundred dollars in tickets :). Even a basic Myw 7 day is just shy of 400 now per person. They've not doubled ;)

No worries tho... Just saying the estimate is on the low side and a bit of an edge case. Glad you enjoyed the trips :)

BernardandBianca

Happy gay days at WDW!

They're just not the same anymore. We were there in the MK this afternoon, and while we saw a number of folks in red, we didn't see any, any, outlandish flaming, like we used to. Have been to the MK on gay days for years, and used to go to see the "show", but it is not happening anymore. It's more like family days. Disappointing for us straight folks.

NearTheEars

I was surprised to find DHS quite empty today compared to the last few months. Maybe everyone came for the holiday last week. Or maybe Mr. Spirit is right, and the crowds are thinning out.

Side note, have taxes always NOT been included as QS restaurants? I rarely ever pay with cash but I did today and was surprised to find that my $9.49 nuggets plate was actually $10.11.

Not really a complaint, just never realized it before. Is it like that for bottles of soda too?

asianway

I was surprised to find DHS quite empty today compared to the last few months. Maybe everyone came for the holiday last week. Or maybe Mr. Spirit is right, and the crowds are thinning out.

Side note, have taxes always NOT been included as QS restaurants? I rarely ever pay with cash but I did today and was surprised to find that my $9.49 nuggets plate was actually $10.11.

Not really a complaint, just never realized it before. Is it like that for bottles of soda too?
Always been that way, only a limited number of carts are tax inclusive

BernardandBianca

Wait 'til you go to the carts outside the Hall of Presidents, and find out that a Coke is $3.51. Yes, the tax adds the extra $.01. (Though I don't understand, as the cart outside Indy costs only $3.50 for the Coke. You'd think WDW would at least be consistent within the same park.)

AEfx

still missing a few hundred dollars in tickets :). Even a basic Myw 7 day is just shy of 400 now per person. They've not doubled ;)

Actually, they nearly have since 2005. You used to be able to get a 7-Day MYW (w/o extras) for just around $200 ten years ago.

The price of the Park Hopper upgrade has doubled as well (from $35 to $69). The price of No Expiration more than tripled, before they got rid of it (at least it seems so, since the WDW website doesn't seem to offer the option anymore).

In 2005, you could get an AP for the price of a 7-Day MYW (no extras) ticket today.

PhotoDave219

They're just not the same anymore. We were there in the MK this afternoon, and while we saw a number of folks in red, we didn't see any, any, outlandish flaming, like we used to. Have been to the MK on gay days for years, and used to go to see the "show", but it is not happening anymore. It's more like family days. Disappointing for us straight folks.

Rather sad to hear that they just don't draw the numbers they used to....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom