A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Andsome

BTW, saw some pics of the redone WoD there ... like their design team went to lunch at a Chipotle or Blaze to come up with an idea for how to revamp the place.
I saw those pics, I'll be disappointed if they are using that same design for WDW's WoD renovation. This is Disney, not Portland.

BTW, DisTwitter has gone around attacking some of the people who weren't fans of the new look. This is how oblivious parts of the fanbase have become.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Someone who threatens to sue me over how the board is being moderated is not someone I want as part of the forum.
Aha, so that's what happened. Thanks. :)

Sue-ing is silly territory. There is however a long history of Ford being subjected to shameful name-calling on this forum (admirably never, ever reciprocated), to complete moderating silence, which has been shameful on everybody's part.

I guess the endless provocations worked and he finally lost it. Bullying successful, the dissident voice silenced. Congratulations to all.

Calmdownnow

My only other guess is all the rain that hit Florida. But not sure that was a big detractor
If this is about park attendance, then I think the rain was a factor. I stayed at DVC resorts for 10 days in May and had torrential rain throughout my stay. I cut my park attendance back by at least 50% because, as a regular visitor, I just didn't want the misery of tramping through the water-logged pathways. (Naturally, the resort lounges took a higher proportion of my disposable spend...) I think a number of other guests who might have planned to park hop also returned to the resort and, when the heavy rain continued into the early evening, didn't go out again to a second park.

Sonconato

Sue-ing is silly territory. There is however a long history of Ford being subjected to shameful name-calling on this forum (admirably never, ever reciprocated), to complete moderating silence, which has been shameful on everybody's part.

I guess the endless provocations worked and he finally lost it. Bullying successful, the dissident voice silenced. Congratulations to all.
Well said. I couldn't have said it better myself.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Not that @wdwmagic needs my defense but....

Are you sure dissident is the word you were looking for? A person in opposition of official policy?

The guy was a looney toon. Spamming threads left and right with his particular brand of insanity. STOCK BUYBACKS! ESPN!!! and so on.

I saw him warned to stop his off topic spamming multiple times, he never did. Eventually his posting privileges were revoked when he started going ape 💩 on @wdwmagic.

No long con, just a guy who eventually made himself unwelcome here. There’s been others, there’ll be more.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I liked Ford, but what he frequently engaged in was called trolling.

It wasn't being dissident, it was frequent drive by posting with made-up facts to get a rise out of people. If there was any leniency it was letting him continue unabated for years. He clearly had enough wherewithal to know what he was doing to not get banned 5 years ago.

He was a very good troll and frequently amusing when you would see through it. It's hard to even say if he believed half of what he preached.

My immediate thought was this was an awfully convenient excuse to get out of paying @RSoxNo1's charitable bid. :D

smile

i don't think that's fair.

more than once when others would start off, i'd ask for clarification or some such to get to the root... he almost never would (maybe once or twice)
but mostly, he'd simply refuse to elucidate on a dropped bomb - thus the rep.

he either knew exactly where the line was when he crossed it, or chose to remain willfully ignorant as it was spelled to him -
regardless, i'd rather he be here, but the above and below allows me to respect the fact he's not.

and never go full 'sue'

lazyboy97o

Lying is not dissent. Lying discredits dissent.

The Empress Lilly

Lying is not dissent. Lying discredits dissent.
I rather subscribe to @insert name here 's notion that 'It wasn't lying because he genuinely believed what he said was true.'

I think he really did believe his ideas. There are people with responsible jobs who completely earnestly believe the earth is flat. It is many things, but not a crime. Combined with a not too critically trained mind coupled with perhaps a certain tediousness of posting style and pompousness to his persona. But what of it?

There has been one set of rules for ford, and one for everybody else. If 'ill-informed (subconscious or not) bending of the truth to suit your own particular notion about Disney' is the criterium, 90% of this forum should be removed as liars.

lazyboy97o

I rather subscribe to @insert name here 's notion that 'It wasn't lying because he genuinely believed what he said was true.'

I think he really did believe his ideas. There are people with responsible jobs who completely earnestly believe the earth is flat. It is many things, but not a crime. Combined with a not too critically trained mind coupled with perhaps a certain tediousness of posting style and pompousness to his persona. But what of it?

There has been one set of rules for ford, and one for everybody else. If 'ill-informed (subconscious or not) bending of the truth to suit your own particular notion about Disney' is the criterium, 90% of this forum should be removed as liars.
I’m hardly a candidate for Pixie Duster of the Year. He went beyond being misinformed or having a different point of view. Many of his lies were stupid little crap. He was offered correct information repeatedly and refused it because, as he later made clear, making Disney look bad was his primary objective and he was not concerned with accuracy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom