A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

smile

UNI's O-Town product to be just that right now.

as opposed to what, stateside?
...really :confused:

certainly irons in the fire at uni, but brass has obviously never read the art of war...
i also wonder what parades get rained on by the time this ing contest is over.

flyerjab

I dunno. But if you are going to talk about things, you really need to know what you are talking about. Or maybe you don't since all of these people are clearly doing very well financially with these brand advocacy sites.

I hate to say this, especially in these parts, but I don't dislike Tommy Boi as much as I once did. He still clearly has a temper of an 11-year-old and worries about being first and not right ... but I find myself agreeing with much of his substantive points, especially regarding TPFKaTD-MGMS.

For not being any sort of insider, I only know what I read on these sites or on Twitter. Tommy Boi definitely has a temper. With the Dis though, what I find interesting is the dichotomy that exists on that site and their podcast. People here regularly criticize that site for being full of pixie dusters (not my word). And on many threads on that site I would agree. However, for those that enjoy the Dis Unplugged podcast, it is nothing of the sort. They regularly crush Disney. Pete has had some great rants against the construction chaos that was Disney Springs, routinely gives punishing reviews of Disney restaurants, complains about the decline in service across every division, and so on. At least on his show, even if their “facts” are incorrect, you know that he is fully transparent in his opinions.

Just curious...you hinted last year that you might have been starting your own site. Did that ever come about? I was actually looking forward to that.

smile

You are absolutely correct there would be upheaval in the fan community if every nation in World Showcase received an attraction based on a Disney film that was set in the nation. Look, I'd love a 101 Dalmatians ride -- just not in the U.K. ... how about something with Lady and the Tramp (a very under appreciated classic)? Via Napoli.

not sold on that - especially in the park's current state
... and isn't that battle already lost? too many casualties in the norway operation.

rat seems to be taken in stride and rumblings of coco and poppins appear relatively well rec'd...
that's integration i'm willing to accept.

it's the homeland resources we still stand a snowball's chance of saving, even tho we've lost energy
- actually no, we don't... ok, maybe, but just a pinch

Via Napoli.

over alfredo's?
adored that place.

crxbrett

Random Spirited Thoughts:

Still, keep hearing that WDW (as well as UNI) isn't very crowded at all. I have had people, numerous people, tell me that EPCOT-- in particular -- has been dead. I am not going into deep analysis as to why this might be. Because your thoughts are probably mine. If you want nice dining, nice shopping and music, why would you ever go to EPCOT when you don't have to pay $120 a day to enter Disney Springs? Right, the Sheriff got that project nailed. So much so, that DS is pulling people out of parks.

For the month of May and 1st week of June, attendance was down by a lot compared to 2017. But since the 2nd weekend of June, attendance is actually way higher now than last year in that same time period. So who knows what to expect this summer.

By the way, I am just going off of TouringPlans crowd level tracker info/statistics. I have an Excel spreadsheet that I plug all the info into, and there was definitely a huge spike in attendance at DW on June 9 and ever since.

smile

For the month of May and 1st week of June, attendance was down by a lot compared to 2017. But since the 2nd weekend of June, attendance is actually way higher now than last year in that same time period. So who knows what to expect this summer.

By the way, I am just going off of TouringPlans crowd level tracker info/statistics. I have an Excel spreadsheet that I plug all the info into, and there was definitely a huge spike in attendance at DW on June 9 and ever since.

and such info has led you to what conclusion, my friend?
(this one's kinda easy)

crxbrett

and such info has led you to what conclusion, my friend?
(this one's kinda easy)

lol Well I admit, I couldn't think of any good reason, so I am not exactly sure. I guess school being out is probably a big reason? But then it doesn't explain why May was so below last year's numbers, and why June skyrocketed to be way more than last year's.

TSL isn't open yet, so that obviously wasn't a factor.

Also interesting to note that AK was not really bringing in big numbers last June like we would have guessed. This year however, AK is by far the biggest draw overall for the 4 parks this summer.

My only other guess is all the rain that hit Florida. But not sure that was a big detractor and I don't see how that stopped vacationers from going, so that's probably not it, either.

Okay, the reason may be obvious and I am just over-analyzing it! Hahahaha Now I really want to hear what you think it is. I'm pulling my hair out on this one. :banghead::hungover::arghh:

I'll do a major facepalm to myself if it was obvious.

smile

lol Well I admit, I couldn't think of any good reason, so I am not exactly sure. I guess school being out is probably a big reason? But then it doesn't explain why May was so below last year's numbers, and why June skyrocketed to be way more than last year's.

TSL isn't open yet, so that obviously wasn't a factor.

Also interesting to note that AK was not really bringing in big numbers last June like we would have guessed. This year however, AK is by far the biggest draw overall for the 4 parks this summer.

My only other guess is all the rain that hit Florida. But not sure that was a big detractor and I don't see how that stopped vacationers from going, so that's probably not it, either.

Okay, the reason may be obvious and I am just over-analyzing it! Hahahaha Now I really want to hear what you think it is. I'm pulling my hair out on this one. :banghead::hungover::arghh:

I'll do a major facepalm to myself if it was obvious.

awesome, buddy - thanks for playin!
:happy:

crxbrett

Hahahaa
I admit, I did not really know about the AP program schedule/blockout calendar being altered in Florida. Here in CA, they did the same thing and it has definitely made the parks way more crowded on those days they changed blackouts.

I am really curious what Jul - Sep are going to look like. I go in Sep, and if crowds are lighter than last year when I visited, it should be really empty.

The Empress Lilly

I don’t know what happened to him. But his issue was not that he was negative it was that he lied. Constantly.
Well if uninformed talking out of your rear end is the criterium 90 percent of this forum should be banned.

As far as I know, ford never broke any forum rule, ever. Yet he got banned? Why? Because somebody couldn't distinguish between 'negative about the forum's subject' and 'negative to the forum'?

peter11435

Well if uninformed talking out of your rear end is the criterium 90 percent of this forum should be banned.

As far as I know, ford never broke any forum rule, ever. Yet he got banned? Why? Because somebody couldn't distinguish between 'negative about the forum's subject' and 'negative to the forum'?
He wasn’t just talking out of his rear. He was blatantly lying and making up “facts.” There is a difference between being nagative and lying.

Like I said. I don’t know what happened to him. I don’t know if he was banned or left on his own. I doubt he was banned for his usual nuisance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom