A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

asianway

We should still see a FF film from the Marvel studios at least through this deal. I sure hope so as I really want a good FF film.
I mean, why would we? It sounds like you still need to cut a deal with Constantin, similar to the Sony deal. You didnt need to buy Fox to do that. One has to believe they are holding out for Crazy Feige money and are content to wait it out and release a junk movie every x years until Disney comes crawling to them to meet demands.

Rodan75

Expires in 2027 but of note, Fox is not the main rights holder to Simpsons, its Gracie films. Gracie films has a much larger say in how the IP is used than Fox. Same with a lot of Fox IPs.

Gracie Films is just a production company, Fox owns all of the character rights (but I’m not a Simpsons expert) based on everything I’ve seen. Gracie Films will always get paid though. Avatar and Kingsman are more as you described.

Rodan75

then at what point did Fox acquire full rights?

It looks like Constantin would get production credit and would get paid whether they did anything on an FF movie or not. I think that is what they mean by ‘cleared up’. So it is likely a win win for constantin. They would get paid for not doing anything.

I would prefer FF to be a Feige producer Disney Streaming premium show. Like 10m an ep level budget.

Rodan75

I should really watch all the episodes. The ones I’ve seen were pretty good. I also rewatched the Prequels recently (first time in years) and my opinion hasn’t changed. The overall story is a good one but the writing in parts, oh dear...

I think it helps to improve the prequels. Clone Wars was very much George’s baby, but with a team of writers and animators to let his concepts and imagination evolve and breathe.

TalkingHead

I confess I find the James Gunn Twitter scandal slightly amusing. Directors and their social media use have come up in this thread before, but this particular example is something else.

Was Disney that sloppy in vetting the director of a Marvel property? Why didn't he delete the tweets well before now? I'm amazed how sloppy social media tends to make public figures. I don't know if he should've been fired, I think most social media campaigns are misguided to say the least, but what a stupid mistake on his part.

VJ

I confess I find the James Gunn Twitter scandal slightly amusing. Directors and their social media use have come up in this thread before, but this particular example is something else.

Was Disney that sloppy in vetting the director of a Marvel property? Why didn't he delete the tweets well before now? I'm amazed how sloppy social media tends to make public figures. I don't know if he should've been fired, I think most social media campaigns are misguided to say the least, but what a stupid mistake on his part.
This is honestly the first I've heard of the James Gunn scandal but looking into it... yikes. He's already been fired from Disney.

What happens with the Guardians franchise?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The old adage of "Watch what you put on the internet, because it stays there forever" has never been more prudent. Of course, today's hair-trigger activists and corporate stooges are quick to be judge, jury, and executioner in these instances. This is not defending jokes about pedophilia by any means, but society as a whole has become an instantaneous reactionary one, and it really needs to take a step back and re-evaluate some things. But the attention-seeking activists will never allow that to happen.

Mike S

Tweets/texts/Comments or Jokes about sex with children are never acceptable.
I’ve seen my fair share of Michael Jackson jokes. LMAO every time.
The old adage of "Watch what you put on the internet, because it stays there forever" has never been more prudent. Of course, today's hair-trigger activists and corporate stooges are quick to be judge, jury, and executioner in these instances. This is not defending jokes about pedophilia by any means, but society as a whole has become an instantaneous reactionary one, and it really needs to take a step back and re-evaluate some things. But the attention-seeking activists will never allow that to happen.
I look forward to our future. It’ll be very much like minority report but instead of stopping murders before they happen most people will focus on preventing mean words. Yay.

bsiev1977

I should really watch all the episodes. The ones I’ve seen were pretty good. I also rewatched the Prequels recently (first time in years) and my opinion hasn’t changed. The overall story is a good one but the writing in parts, oh dear...
Yeah, overall the series was very good. There were story arcs here and there that weren’t so great, the one that focused on a group of droids going out on a mission as an example.

bsiev1977

Of course. Gunn's awfulness doesn't really affect Guardians as an entity. The fact that he was hired in the first place DOES reflect badly on Iger's judgement and ethics however...
I don’t know that the tweets had been well known when Gunn was first hired. It’s how people operate these days when they disagree. Anti-Trump people will look into supporters’ pasts in order to find something to discredit the, and ruin their lives. This is an example where a Trump supporter went out of his way to find dirt on an anti-Trump celebrity.

Magenta Panther

I don’t know that the tweets had been well known when Gunn was first hired. It’s how people operate these days when they disagree. Anti-Trump people will look into supporters’ pasts in order to find something to discredit the, and ruin their lives. This is an example where a Trump supporter went out of his way to find dirt on an anti-Trump celebrity.

In Gunn's case, I reeeeallly don't think politics enters into it. Decency does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom