A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

lazyboy97o

Rodan75

The problem is that, although you and I (and others) enjoyed the unique shops, they make far more money from the homogenous shirts, toys, and overpriced mouse ears that are in multiple shops around the property. It's all about the bottom line now.

It’s always about the bottom line. That has never changed. But there are more unique items per ride/land now than there was 2-4 yrs ago. It started to come back under Staggs, but unique merch has accelerated under Chapek.

Some of the old attack lines are outdated now.

lazyboy97o

It’s always about the bottom line. That has never changed. But there are more unique items per ride/land now than there was 2-4 yrs ago. It started to come back under Staggs, but unique merch has accelerated under Chapek.

Some of the old attack lines are outdated now.
Thats not the sort of unique merchandise and experiences being discussed.

bstiles

I remember the show on Disney channel called Walt Disney World inside out. It had a lousy comedian that would go ride new rides and tour the property and show you behind the scenes what was going on. It was a pretty decent show for a kid but watching it as an adult 25 years later it really shows how great the resort was back then and how they constantly were the leader in innovation and pushing the needle forward as a tip vacation destination. I don’t think that could be said in this point of time.

culturenthrills

I still can't believe how many 10 pm closes we are getting at Magic Kingdom this summer. I know Disney is cheap with allocating labor but this is ridiculous. Of course they are offering those after hours events on some nights but still closing at 10 pm most nights when there isn't an event. This company never ceases to amaze me in their saving a few pennies while dollars fly over their head budgeting.

truecoat

I remember the show on Disney channel called Walt Disney World inside out. It had a lousy comedian that would go ride new rides and tour the property and show you behind the scenes what was going on. It was a pretty decent show for a kid but watching it as an adult 25 years later it really shows how great the resort was back then and how they constantly were the leader in innovation and pushing the needle forward as a tip vacation destination. I don’t think that could be said in this point of time.

I have hope that Disney's streaming channel has a weekly or monthly show focusing on the parks. What's coming next, behind the scenes and other park related info.

Maybe they could hire @marni1971 to put together some retro ride shows with all the Disney resources?

Rodan75

I have hope that Disney's streaming channel has a weekly or monthly show focusing on the parks. What's coming next, behind the scenes and other park related info.

Maybe they could hire @marni1971 to put together some retro ride shows with all the Disney resources?

They do have a Parks section on the DisneyNow App, but it rarely has anything. But it would be cool to have some advertainment around the Parks, Cruise Ships, and AbD similar to what was done previously and some of which airs on Destination America.

geekza

Quinnmac000

Welp, the entertainment behemoth continues to grow, I suppose. I wonder what the situation will be with The Simpsons, since Universal has them in their parks. I'm curious as to whether or not the contract for those is as stringent (and seemingly unending) as their Marvel one is. Guess there won't be any more Epcot jokes in The Simpsons. lol

Expires in 2027 but of note, Fox is not the main rights holder to Simpsons, its Gracie films. Gracie films has a much larger say in how the IP is used than Fox. Same with a lot of Fox IPs.

asianway

Expires in 2027 but of note, Fox is not the main rights holder to Simpsons, its Gracie films. Gracie films has a much larger say in how the IP is used than Fox. Same with a lot of Fox IPs.
Thats the thing, some of these IPs arent cut and dry. Like FF, Fox only owns distribution, right? Someone else has the rights?

Quinnmac000

Thats the thing, some of these IPs arent cut and dry. Like FF, Fox only owns distribution, right? Someone else has the rights?

Yep, FF is owned by Constantin FIlms. Its the same issue with Namor, Legendary co-owns the rights with Universal. Kingsman is owned by Mark Millar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom