A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Touchdown

I do not think they will be successful with trying to price up Pop, Art and Carribean beach. While they may be able to sell Rivera at deluxe prices, that will be a brand new build with full service dining onsite and indoor hallways not to mention deluxe size rooms. The older resorts will still have the same room size and (lack of) amenities with the exception of the skyway. While I believe room rates will go up, I can see no sane person choosing to stay at Pop or AoA for the same price as a moderate resort nor can I see people paying as much to stay at CBR as staying at a crescent lake resort,

5thGenTexan

Actually in two days in the parks and another around DisneyTown and the resort, I never saw a kid (or adult crapping anywhere). And it seems like everytime I stay at a WDW resort, the pool gets shut down because someone crapped in the pool (something I can honestly say in all my travels I have never seen elsewhere ... read into that whatever you like about WDW and the people it attracts).

I saw three little boys watering foliage when I was at SDL (all under 4) and in two of the cases I would have done the exact same thing if I had been a parent. There was literally no way to get the child out of line and to a toilet. The other time (in the queue for Crystal Grotto) was almost acceptable as well. As the wait time approached an hour and people have no idea how much longer they may have to wait, while little bladders can't. And the area this kid did his business reeked of urine, which tells me that is a problem (last little room about 10 minutes before boarding).

Again, I have seen much more egregious behavior at WDW.

I disagree... there is always a way even it means not getting to do something. We were in line for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin just after lunch. Even though we went to the restroom before getting in line my 5 year old started to mention he needed to go again not long after we got inside. We tried to make it, but... I picked him up and started excusing my way past people and walked straight though the load area straight to the restroom again. My wife and daughter didn't wait too much longer and said the ride was kind of neat. My boy and I just didn't get to go. Sometimes you miss out.

Last edited:

GrammieBee

Oh heck. Spirit, I will greatly miss your "Spirited" forums as they are the only ones I read with any regularity (and once in a great while throw in a comment) despite their convoluted derailments. They, through the various posters, have been informative, supply insights of various kinds and are sometimes quite amusing..Oh well, the older I get, it seems the more is lost; including much of what once made the Disney parks very special.:(.

RSoxNo1

Sorry, for the absence. Didn't mean to leave you hanging where you might have to discuss pizza or fight the UNI vs. DIS battle yet again or even read a book. Life called. I answered.

But I also realized something I've been tossing around. And that is I need a forum that I control where I can put content out at my pace and not have to come back to a disaster or worry that I might hurt a white supremacist's feelings etc. So, this will be my final Spirited thread here. I have a plan for a new project for where I can take my thoughts and get them out on a regular (by my life) time table. No, I am not leaving this site. But this 15th round will be the last. No Sweet 16 as cute as I look in my dress and heels. Much like people like Len Testa and Tom Bricker that have their own money-making enterprises, but still take part in this great and vibrant community, I'll do likewise. I just won't break news here for people to steal. I'll do it elsewhere and actually go after people if they decide they are breaking something two years after I did.

I didn't come to this decision easily. If I did, I would have made this move years ago. But I think you'll enjoy what will come this fall.

And with that, I will attempt to answer some posts and then move on to other subjects here. Won't leave y'all hanging.

Just want to say thanks for the 88% of you who have contributed positively, whether you agreed with me or not. The rest of you? I am sure you'll enjoy the threads started by my 'fans' here ... they always have so much of value to add!
Mr. I hate bloggers is gonna start a blog. You've condemned that for years as I and countless others have suggested it. What changed? What was the tipping point?

PizzaPlanet

Sorry, for the absence. Didn't mean to leave you hanging where you might have to discuss pizza or fight the UNI vs. DIS battle yet again or even read a book. Life called. I answered.

But I also realized something I've been tossing around. And that is I need a forum that I control where I can put content out at my pace and not have to come back to a disaster or worry that I might hurt a white supremacist's feelings etc. So, this will be my final Spirited thread here. I have a plan for a new project for where I can take my thoughts and get them out on a regular (by my life) time table. No, I am not leaving this site. But this 15th round will be the last. No Sweet 16 as cute as I look in my dress and heels. Much like people like Len Testa and Tom Bricker that have their own money-making enterprises, but still take part in this great and vibrant community, I'll do likewise. I just won't break news here for people to steal. I'll do it elsewhere and actually go after people if they decide they are breaking something two years after I did.

I didn't come to this decision easily. If I did, I would have made this move years ago. But I think you'll enjoy what will come this fall.

And with that, I will attempt to answer some posts and then move on to other subjects here. Won't leave y'all hanging.

Just want to say thanks for the 88% of you who have contributed positively, whether you agreed with me or not. The rest of you? I am sure you'll enjoy the threads started by my 'fans' here ... they always have so much of value to add!
Honestly I think this is a good move for you. Your detailed posts would be better suited on a blog or something where they won't be lost in these "catch-all" threads. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

PizzaPlanet

And it seems like everytime I stay at a WDW resort, the pool gets shut down because someone crapped in the pool (something I can honestly say in all my travels I have never seen elsewhere ... read into that whatever you like about WDW and the people it attracts).
Ever been to a public pool?

Longhairbear

Please let us know where we can follow you to when you make the move. Thanks for all of your posts.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@WDW1974 , thank you for your informative threads. Looking forward to your future communications, and I'm glad that you've found a more convenient way to communicate.

Back in 2013, I joined WDWMagic, because I was impressed with you (and some others on here), that shared helpful information--and expressed their thoughts freely--with minimal restrictions. I also enjoy the rest of the forums, but it was your thread that brought me here.

Nubs70

How will charging for FastPass+ affect Cast Members ability to make selections?
An option would be to keep the system as is and consider it a perk.

Another would be to charge a reduced fee and consider the reduction as a perk. This would create an additional income stream.

Given the current operating philosophy at WDW, which would you consider more likely?

seabreezept813

I disagree... there is always a way even it means not getting to do something. We were in line for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin just after lunch. Even though we went to the restroom before getting in line my 5 year old started to mention he needed to go again not long after we got inside. We tried to make it, but... I picked him up and started excusing my way past people and walked straight though the load area straight to the restroom again. My wife and daughter didn't wait too much longer and said the ride was kind of neat. My boy and I just didn't get to go. Sometimes you miss out.

Yup my first time trying to go on ToT at night, we were just starting to enter the building when my stepdaughter needed to get out and go.. so we missed out. It's part of the selflessness of parenting.

mickEblu

Throughout its history, Fastpass has been more of an illusion than an actual benefit. The average guest feels like they're getting something for free. The average guest feels like they're spending much less time in line. The average guest appreciates Disney allowing them to skip lines at no extra cost. And so if they take away free Fastpass, a lot of return guests will be upset and new guests won't feel that appreciation.

Basically, I think the illusion is better for the bottom line than the extra revenue would be.

This is a really good point. However, I could see it working if they kept the price the of FPs at that sweet spot to where they actually are a benefit by keeping demand low and at the same time don't cost an arm and a leg. Considering the amount of guests that visit the park, I'm not sure that's possible.

But going back to your point. Is it really an illusion? Or more that you are getting a mixed big with FPs? At DL, skipping an hour standby line for Space Mountain and walking on with an FP is great. I clearly remember hour long lines for SM in the 90s before FP. I guess the mixed bag that you get is the longer standby lines for the attractions that don't offer FP and the crowded walkways. Then of course is there even anyway of knowing these conditions are because of FP or just the record number of guests and APs hitting the park each year? Probably a bit of both but more because of the latter.

Bairstow

So confusing being on a bus to Hollywood Studios and hearing Harry Potter music.
My father went to the Studios for a private corporate after-hours event in Sunset Boulevard (Tower of Terror and Rock n' Rollercoaster were both open and there were free bars set up and down the street) and swore that they played an alternate music loop with the themes from both Jurassic Park and Harry Potter in it.

Nubs70

Fair enough, I don't know why I wasted energy typing out the query
Another option would be to create a dynamic pricing model. The price of a FP increases with increase in standby wait time with price paid being price at time of purchase not time of actual ride.

The starting price of FP would be indexed to what type of ticketing day, such as:
  • Bronze - FP start at $5
  • Silver - FP start at $10
  • Gold - FP start at $15
Every 30 minute increase in Standby Wait Time, price increases by 10%

Example: 1 FP for a 245 minute wait for Fronzenstrom
  • Bronze - $10.72
  • Silver - $21.44
  • Gold - $32.15

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom