A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You see, that's how natural Pixar feels as part of the Disney brand: That you forget that Incredibles is indeed purchased IP what with being a pre-buyout Pixar film.

Of course the reasons we haven't gotten an Incredibles ride until the stupid coaster overlay was because Universal snagged the exclusive contract to the ride system they wanted to use. And that's why we have Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

WRT Pixar,

Remember PIXAR though independent was a 'captive' studio with lots of Disney DNA in it's organization, I don't believe with the notable exception of 'The Iron Giant' PIXAR ever did anything as an independent studio. But I'm not an expert on movies or studios.

There USED to be these guys called 'imagineers' who designed and built ride systems, Now it's just 'what can we buy off the shelf'...

Strange how the company who hired all the creative folks the Accountaneers showed the door to are now starting to design unique ride systems for the park down the road like the new Nintendo Coaster which will appear to jump just like Mario himself...

Odd what a focus on entertainment instead of finance can do.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The Incredibles don't need park time because the movie is good, or not.

The parks need to be looked at in their own regard, and that should decide what they need.

The parks should not be 'synergy your favourite IP multiplexes'. That recurrent dream of managers where the parks are reduced to a collection of empty backlot warehouses, filled with experiences within that can be changed overnight with a new marquee and IP. DHS, WDSP, USF all tried and regretted it.

Well said, Well said indeed.

Yet 'The Incredibles' had a bunch of scenes which easily lend themselves to theme park attractions Syndrome's transit system, The RV on a rocket booster, Frozone's ice slides vs the killer robot, Just like the never built Monsters Inc Door Coaster, Not all movies have those 'built in' attraction features.

I do agree the MAJORITY of IP's don't have anything attraction worthy that will stand the test of time.

lazyboy97o

There USED to be these guys called 'imagineers' who designed and built ride systems, Now it's just 'what can we buy off the shelf'...

Strange how the company who hired all the creative folks the Accountaneers showed the door to are now starting to design unique ride systems for the park down the road like the new Nintendo Coaster which will appear to jump just like Mario himself...

You are a liar and clearly don’t know what you are even talking about.

peter11435

WRT Pixar,

Remember PIXAR though independent was a 'captive' studio with lots of Disney DNA in it's organization, I don't believe with the notable exception of 'The Iron Giant' PIXAR ever did anything as an independent studio. But I'm not an expert on movies or studios.

At best I'll call your entire post misinformed.

Iron giant was not Pixar

brb1006

My boys would LOSE THEIR MINDS if WDW got that ride!
You should see Hunny Hunt.
poohs-hunny-hunt-e1370327903458.jpg
5523937276_b7770ebfeb_b.jpg

tokyo-disneyland.jpg

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Well said, Well said indeed.

Yet 'The Incredibles' had a bunch of scenes which easily lend themselves to theme park attractions Syndrome's transit system, The RV on a rocket booster, Frozone's ice slides vs the killer robot, Just like the never built Monsters Inc Door Coaster, Not all movies have those 'built in' attraction features.

I do agree the MAJORITY of IP's don't have anything attraction worthy that will stand the test of time.
I often wonder if that isn't on purpose. So many modern Disney movies seem to have fragments in them that resemble a blueprint for a ride. I don't know if the movie makers are fishing for a ride, or if this is ordained from higher up. Or if it is just the result of the creative team existing in a Disney creative universe, where this imagery is never far away from the consciousness.

Pixieish

If Jim Hill's Monster's Inc Land rumor comes to fruition for DHS, I would absolutely welcome this attraction in DHS. For me, this was a coinflip between this and Hunny Hunt.
I know my boys would pick Monsters. It's a tough call for me. Hubby would probably be torn, too.

JoeCamel

If Jim Hill's Monster's Inc Land rumor comes to fruition for DHS, I would absolutely welcome this attraction in DHS. For me, this was a coinflip between this and Hunny Hunt.
Why not have both?? Seriously, they act like they are broke and if uncle Bob doesn't send a Christmas check nothing will get built. Yeah they would rather build stores and hotels but it is the attractions that make Orlando the #1 destination. No one comes here for the wonderful hotels and shopping, they want to ride and be wowed.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why not have both?? Seriously, they act like they are broke and if uncle Bob doesn't send a Christmas check nothing will get built. Yeah they would rather build stores and hotels but it is the attractions that make Orlando the #1 destination. No one comes here for the wonderful hotels and shopping, they want to ride and be wowed.

^^^ THIS ^^^

You forget stores are CHEAP and show positive revenue almost immediately, Attractions are expensive and show no direct revenue which can be attributed to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom