A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

AEfx

Not sure irony is the right term, sadness would be the more appropriate term because i love a good bookstore but B&N and Amazon have killed all the good local ones.

Last Christmas I went out to buy a last minute gift. There was a specific book I wanted to buy, that was then on the NYT bestseller list (top 20). I drove about 70 miles that day, went to the three places that sell books that are were in that radius, and I couldn't find it. And not because it was just so super popular it sold out. Two places didn't even get it, and the third only got a handful of copies to begin with.

And I don't live in the sticks.

I love Amazon in many ways, but there is no denying they have certainly changed the landscape of retail, just as much as Wal-mart.

FigmentJedi

Apparently the backlash against EA over Battlefront's microtransactions and lootboxes was enough that Iger himself stepped in.
https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/...actions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/
Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, and players are finding that the option to purchase the premium crystals currency is no longer working. EA has now confirmed that it is taking this feature down to address fan concerns just as the game is about to launch worldwide tomorrow. All of this comes after multiple days of outrage from fans who are upset that EA and developer DICE have implemented an online multiplayer system that gives an advantage to people who pay money.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still feel Disney is using their IPs better than Universal. Look at Jimmy Fallon for example and Fast and Furious. I will take a Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land over that all day long.

Of course you take toy story and Star Wars over that...who wouldn't?

But isn't it just nice to have someplace warm to go and travel to escape those cold winters in Michigan? No matter what the IP?

Mike S

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There is ONE in my entire STATE.

You are an idiot.

It is the option you chose.
I don't know much about that area...

I've been to the Windham area myself, how about you?.

Yeah, I can see why you don't care to drive into Portland.

It's a haul.

But, I'm sure it's MY choices that make it economically successful. I've only visited.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You ever fed a family on food from "Dollar Stores" which sell mostly unhealthy prepackaged and/or junk food?
Have you?

I have. From 2007 - 2008, when I hit a rather low point.

They have a frozen food section. And, I still shop at one near my house for various things. I'll even give you some pictures of it tomorrow to show you that they carry a variety of frozen and even fresh foods (like milk and eggs). No fresh veg, but most people don't eat that anyhow.

Frankly, most people on lower incomes eat...prepared foods (fast or otherwise). Lets be honest.

Myself, I don't even grocery shop anymore. I get my produce delivered, and it is fresh, and I make it fresh.

But, back to Dollar Store...Is it where I'd prefer to shop? No. But, is it an option (since walmart is EVIL), sure.

It dominates in many areas now. And It cannot be undone.

So why do you want people to go hungry now because of things people did 10, 15 or more years ago?

Ugh, I am now remembering why I had you on ignore.
I doubt you ever had me on ignore, but...if you say you did you did.

There is no reason for "wal mart hate" that I ever see, because the people who gripe about it, then do backflips to say they "can only afford to shop there".

I can count on my hand the last time I was in a walmart in the past two years. Most of it had to do with I needed something fast and they were open.

"but I live in a place where you can only get it with walmart!"

Do you think smaller towns had amazing shopping BEFORE Walmerts came to them?

Take one I know very well, Gibson, TN. LaGrange, GA, Sumter, SC, I can name others that I have lived, worked or have family in and no reasonably well.

So, what do you think it was like "before the walmart"? Yeah, people made do. And, why do you think the walmart did so well?

Well...before that, you had a few local stores, and catalogs. The Walmart tied in national product distribution networks to the smaller towns, so they didn't have to drive "30 miles" to the local shopping center/malls to find the big box stores to see all the goodies at.

Your basis for your position...is...nonsense. Feelz good nonsense, but nonsense none the less.

bclane

That is an IP begging for some park time...
I love the retro future vibe they have going on in that movie and I still think it’s one of the best superhero movies ever made. I think the IP could be turned into a really fun dark ride. Why all we got was a dance party and the stupid roller coaster overlay is such a mystery to me. Such a waste. Maybe if Incredibles II rakes in the money we’ll get something better.

FigmentJedi

Precisely but it will never get the attraction it deserves because it's not PURCHASED IP, I loved (and still love) The Incredibles because it works on so many levels including being a 'buddy' film. And it's just so much fun to watch
You see, that's how natural Pixar feels as part of the Disney brand: That you forget that Incredibles is indeed purchased IP what with being a pre-buyout Pixar film.

Of course the reasons we haven't gotten an Incredibles ride until the stupid coaster overlay was because Universal snagged the exclusive contract to the ride system they wanted to use. And that's why we have Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

The Empress Lilly

The Incredibles don't need park time because the movie is good, or not.

The parks need to be looked at in their own regard, and that should decide what they need.

The parks should not be 'synergy your favourite IP multiplexes'. That recurrent dream of managers where the parks are reduced to a collection of empty backlot warehouses, filled with experiences within that can be changed overnight with a new marquee and IP. DHS, WDSP, USF all tried and regretted it.

WDWTank

The Incredibles don't need park time because the movie is good, or not.

The parks need to be looked at in their own regard, and that should decide what they need.

The parks should not be 'synergy your favourite IP multiplexes'. That recurrent dream of managers where the parks are reduced to a collection of empty backlot warehouses, filled with experiences within that can be changed overnight with a new marquee and IP. DHS, WDSP, USF all tried and regretted it.
Indeed, synergy is not the solution, synergy is the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom