A "Real" Toontown for MK?

GrumpyFan

My first thoughts on this were that it was too heavily princess themed. But, when I stopped to think about it, almost all of MK has been themed with a slant toward boys. There's Stitch, Space Mountain, Speedway, Pirates, Tom Sawyer Island, Jungle Cruise, and a few others. Sure, all of those can be enjoyed by girls too, but think about the theming and stories there, and they're mostly geared toward boys. So, yes, while the makeover for Fantasyland is geared toward girls, it will help balance out the kingdom.

MKCP 1985

My first thoughts on this were that it was too heavily princess themed. But, when I stopped to think about it, almost all of MK has been themed with a slant toward boys. There's Stitch, Space Mountain, Speedway, Pirates, Tom Sawyer Island, Jungle Cruise, and a few others. Sure, all of those can be enjoyed by girls too, but think about the theming and stories there, and they're mostly geared toward boys. So, yes, while the makeover for Fantasyland is geared toward girls, it will help balance out the kingdom.

Having raised a girly girl and a boy who is all boy, I never sensed from either of them that any of the Magic Kingdom classics were slanted in favor of boys. If you want to say Tom Sawyer's Island, okay, I'll concede that, but Its a Small World is much more girly and gets many more visits than the island. The princess houses and fairy meets have the potential to make the New Fantasyland slant more towards young girls, but maybe Gaston's tavern will help young boys learn to drink, curse, spit and chase girls. :lol:

Biff215

While the FL expansion looks awesome, I too would like to see TT relocated eventually. It was never a land worthy of the MK but it was still a place to see where Mickey and his friends lived. I was shocked to see that the plans virtually eliminated Mickey and Minnie's houses. It's a shame they couldn't place it over on the Barnstormer/Dumbo side. Hopefully we'll see a real TT in the future!

Timon

1. WDW has moved the WDWRR tracks twice since 1971. First for PotC and then for Splash Mt.

2. With Splash Mt, WDW expanded out past the WDWRR.

3. WDW removes building to fit new plans - Old Frontierland RR Station, Tomorrowland Pylon Fountains, 20K, Innoventions (constantly), Horizons, Contemporary North Wing, LBV Conference Ctr on and on.

4.Toontown ... hmm. Did you know the Roy O Disney Production building between Pixar Studio and Lil Mermaid was vacated by Disney breaking a long standing contract with IDEAS a production company last Spring. What a large piece of land in the middle of DHS this would make if the Production Bungalows were cleared too. Considering there is no major attractions, stores or restaurants (money makers) right there on super prime land what are the odds something big would go there?

5. I have one daughter and three boys but FL is gonna be great! Mega-themeing at it's best. I'll be hanging out at Gaston's knocking back root beers floats!

6. MK Tunnel while not being moved for FL could easily be extended further back. By the way this past month lots of those little metal tool and storage sheds have been cleaned out and removed from the FL site. Maybe a little earth moving sooner than later. Lets hope.:animwink:

Exprcoofto

Right off of the ToonTown Fair/Fantasyland Train Station there is plenty of wetlands that could be filled in for a decent size ToonTown.

possibletoontown.png

If they were to do this "someday" they can take the simple idea of going under the railroad tracks and making that the entrance way like Disneyland's:

koenig_toontown1.jpg

imagineer boy

Right off of the ToonTown Fair/Fantasyland Train Station there is plenty of wetlands that could be filled in for a decent size ToonTown.

possibletoontown.png

If they were to do this "someday" they can take the simple idea of going under the railroad tracks and making that the entrance way like Disneyland's:

koenig_toontown1.jpg

That's a great idea! That could really work.

_Scar

That's a great idea! That could really work.

Toontown? I'd way rather have another new original land there or a massive extension of TLand, but TLand has enough space for now.... so?

I'd love for an Arabian land to come in and themed around Aladdin or have a villain land for sure.

lazyboy97o

possibletoontown.png

koenig_toontown1.jpg
Just a note, a "tunnel" would require raising the train tracks. From ToonTown Fair Station the tracks go uphill to Main Street Station. A bridge would be the easiest way, whether you're going over the tracks or over Magic Kingdom Dr.

Exprcoofto

Just a note, a "tunnel" would require raising the train tracks. From ToonTown Fair Station the tracks go uphill to Main Street Station. A bridge would be the easiest way, whether you're going over the tracks or over Magic Kingdom Dr.

Why would the track have to be raised up? :shrug: I thought the point of a tunnel was to go under objects without moving them. I know a bridge going over would work, but I'm a fan of the tunnel concept.

RobParr77

I love the idea of opening up the land behind the tracks. I would however like to think its time for a Villians land and can think of no cooler way than to take one of Walts trains there.

Studios Fan

4.Toontown ... hmm. Did you know the Roy O Disney Production building between Pixar Studio and Lil Mermaid was vacated by Disney breaking a long standing contract with IDEAS a production company last Spring. What a large piece of land in the middle of DHS this would make if the Production Bungalows were cleared too. Considering there is no major attractions, stores or restaurants (money makers) right there on super prime land what are the odds something big would go there?

Which building exactly is the Roy O Disney production building. Is it the building directly behind Toy Story Mania?

NiarrNDisney

possibletoontown.png

koenig_toontown1.jpg

:sohappy: DO IT NOW! :sohappy:

WDW Vacationer

possibletoontown.png

koenig_toontown1.jpg
Great Idea!:sohappy::wave:

imagineer boy

Toontown? I'd way rather have another new original land there or a massive extension of TLand, but TLand has enough space for now.... so?

I'd love for an Arabian land to come in and themed around Aladdin or have a villain land for sure.

Well, have you been to Toon Town at DL? If you'd been there, you'd realize why we want it at WDW so bad.

Foolish1

What's ironic about the whole ToonTown, Maroon Studios, Roger Rabbit thing is that its something that Eisner singlehandedly destroyed and everything out of it was watered down or a cheaply done afterthought. He hated pretty much everything about the movie, the script, and most important to him: how much it cost to make the thing. If I remember correctly, he actually fired everyone just before the movie came out which made it absolutely impossible to have a sequel. Turns out that the movie was a smash success and as usual, Disney had nothing to follow it up other then the rights to cheesy merchandising. Hmmm...seems he did the same with how he handled early involvement with Sixth Sense, Lost, American Idol, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Lord of the Rings, Miramax, etc. I'm sure I can dig up some more!

I think Eisner killed more things that went on to be successful then things he greenlighted that went on to be successful! :hammer:

You forget the TV shows CSI and Monk. But who's counting?

Foolish1

Seems plausible, it would fit well, I hope it arrives.

Isn't there talk of a sequel, though?:D

Well, Spielberg will be working with Disney again soon. And Disney has financed his company partly as well. So I could definitely see a sequel being possible again. Remember, Eisner angered Spielberg greatly, and he decided to drop everything connected to Roger Rabbit and then decided to never work with them again.

vonpluto

Bald Mountain anyone?

Picture-13.png

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

EPCOTPluto

possibletoontown.png

koenig_toontown1.jpg
I love this idea! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::D:D:D

Now, how to explain SM nearby to ToonTown... :lookaroun

the-reason14

I love this idea! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::D:D:D

Now, how to explain SM nearby to ToonTown... :lookaroun

Couldnt they build a high enough wall to where you couldnt see it? The one in DL has this wall/facade that looks like a cartoony skyline. If WDW did that it would have to be higher but then you'd be able to see it from TL too I guess.

I know this is speculation, but if this were to be built, it would make MK seem disorganized kinda like how DL feels at times. You can tell that toontown and IASW were an afterthought as well as many other places in DL. At MK, everything flows together better. But if all this were added, it would become a little unorganized with the park layout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom