A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

Clowd Nyne

I'm not for removing anything from the Magic Kingdom unless it is Stitch. I like the Aladdin ride and not exactly sure why others don't. Ok, it's another spinner but so what? It tilts and squirts water. The others do not do this. I think it fits well with it's surroundings so why remove it? Would you guys prefer a large empty space? :confused:
I'm on board with you. What else could you put I that space that would be better than alladin? And stitch was better as its more intense former self. I loved alien encounter!!

Lee

Adventurer
I think it fits well with it's surroundings so why remove it?
The only reason it fits its surroundings is because they changed the theme of that area to force it in there.
Unlike Disneyland, where they have one single cohesive theme to Adventureland, MKs is now a mish-mash of Polynesia, then a big lump of Arabia, surrounded by more Polynesia, next door to Colonial Africa, all leading to the Caribbean.
Theme chaos, all because they wanted to add some cheap, quick capacity by inserting another spinner into a park that already had two (now three) others.
Would you guys prefer a large empty space? :confused:
Yep. Very much so.

Clowd Nyne

I think alladin needs to be in the park. Mermaid, beast, and the lion king all get their fair shake. This was the golden age of Disney animation here. If you ask me Al isn't represented enough in the parks.

AndyS2992

The only reason it fits its surroundings is because they changed the theme of that area to force it in there.
Unlike Disneyland, where they have one single cohesive theme to Adventureland, MKs is now a mish-mash of Polynesia, then a big lump of Arabia, surrounded by more Polynesia, next door to Colonial Africa, all leading to the Caribbean.
Theme chaos, all because they wanted to add some cheap, quick capacity by inserting another spinner into a park that already had two (now three) others.

Yep. Very much so.

Then you will hate Disneyland Paris's Adventureland and it was built that way lol Jungle/Arabia/Caribbean/Pirate theme all in there.

dreamfinder

I'll with hold judgement til more info comes out. I don't think there is any real replayability in static effects, unless they have multiple endings. Could be another good use of a short amount of time, and diverting a small crowd, but if there is only the 5 stations, the odds of seeing the effects when the person before you checks in are pretty good. Which may disappoint some kids.

I notice that Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is not very busy now. There is often a CM outside trying to recruit guests to play.

Agent P at Epcot is also very quiet these days.

Why build another game? Most guests come to the parks for rides, not games.

Because there is no need for a long line at the registration/checkin areas. The guest should only be there if they are new to the game, and need to go through the tutorial. Otherwise it's a quick swipe your card, and go out and play. There were large initial lines due to no one having played it before

That's because nobody actually PLAYS Sorcerers. Every single person that walks into that firehouse is just some freak that is obsessed with collecting the stupid cards that have no monetary value.

The game itself is asinine. Go to a portal, hold up a card. Now go to this portal. Hold up a card. Now go to another land and do the same thing. Now go to this land. Now go back to the land you were just at but fight a different villain.

Why are they investing money in this crap if they're not going to make it the least bit engaging?

Plenty of people do actually play SOTMK. And people even play it at home using their (hopefully to be improved upon) play at home game and rules. Have you actually played? The harder levels do require thought and aren't just repetition. And the different cards actually do different things if you keep using them. It's actually setup rather well. The entry levels are fairly simple, but that's good for your average guest. Someone is down there for their once in a decade trip, SOTMK is set up to get them in, and let them play a game fairly easily that won't occupy a massive chunk of time. The same goes for little kids. They like playing, but trying to tell a 5 yo that Scar just won because they played the wrong card doesn't go over well in our precious snowflake/helicopter parent world. If you want to keep playing, you can over the course of your trip, and if you really want to play a lot, then it gets harder.

Not that there aren't people that just go to collect the cards, but there ARE people that try to play. I think the problem is that they turned off the Medium and Hard levels for a long time because it created longer lines. So on Easy yes, you just hold up any card and you win, go to the next portal, rinse and repeat. But on Medium you have to choose the right spell type, but if you lose once, you're guaranteed to win on the next portal no matter what. On Hard, you actually have to puzzle it out.

Medium and hard do take a bit more though. And thankfully they don't make you replay the background story each time once you make it out of easy.

Lee

Adventurer
Then you will hate Disneyland Paris's Adventureland and it was built that way lol Jungle/Arabia/Caribbean/Pirate theme all in there.
That's different.
Yes, those elements are present, but since they were always meant to be there, there is a flow to the area that works. Nothing looks like an eyesore that was dropped in as an afterthought like in MK.

I rather liked Paris' AL...though it still needs the Indy ride they designed for it.

Clowd Nyne

That's different.
Yes, those elements are present, but since they were always meant to be there, there is a flow to the area that works. Nothing looks like an eyesore that was dropped in as an afterthought like in MK.

I rather liked Paris' AL...though it still needs the Indy ride they designed for it.
Sometimes attractions do have to be shoehorned in to make use of space that wasn't drawing crowds. And if you say it's crowded then some people must like it.

Lee

Adventurer
Sometimes attractions do have to be shoehorned in to make use of space that wasn't drawing crowds. And if you say it's crowded then some people must like it.
No. There is no reason that anything at MK, with its multiple expansion pads, should ever be shoehorned in. They went the cheap, easy, and wrong route with AL.

And the only reason it's crowded is because it is a high traffic area, in a relatively small land, with a huge obstacle in the middle of it.

Clowd Nyne

No. There is no reason that anything at MK, with its multiple expansion pads, should ever be shoehorned in. They went the cheap, easy, and wrong route with AL.

And the only reason it's crowded is because it is a high traffic area, in a relatively small land, with a huge obstacle in the middle of it.
Basically you wouldn't mind this area if it was something you could walk through not around.

RandySavage

^ To be fair, Anaheim's Adventureland transitions from Polynesia to Arabia to early 20th Africa to 19th C. Africa (Treehouse) and then to India (Indy). All the Adventurelands are amalgams of exotic times and places, and Paris' and Anaheim's work especially brilliantly, because of the thought and skill that went into their design and execution.

The problem with MK's Aladdin Carpets, I find, isn't that it throws Arabia into the middle of Adventureland, it's that the rendering/execution of Arabia looks slightly on the cheap side compared to the rest of the land's exteriors: the lamp, the camels, the carpets look very plastic and cartoony. The bazaar tents look bright, new and flimsy. Had it been done in a more artistic, gritty way, e.g. using actual beaten brass for the lamp, using thick tattered canvas or new architecture around the Bazaar, it would work a lot better, IMO. (The mud/hut part of the queue works in this regard).

djlaosc

I do think that if one of the Adventureland expansion pads (is the smaller one the one behind Swiss Family Treehouse?) had been used for "Arabia", then there would be a lot less complaining about the Carpets (apart from "yet another spinner", which I can understand, but if "Arabia" came with other things (a themed Meet and Greet area, the show from California (one can dream) or a dark ride), then people would be able to look past "yet another spinner")

doctornick

I've seen this comment before, but what is the "cohesive theme" in DL's Adventureland? Seems to me you have Polynesia (Tiki Room), tropical rivers (Jungle Cruise), India/Asian subcontinent (Indiana Jones) and Africa (Tarzan's Treehouse) with a little of the Middle East tossed (the themed M&G for Alladin there). I'm not really sure how it's better than MK.

ctxak98

Yep. Very much so.
I figured when you talk about Africa you are reffering to the Jungle Cruise...which never made sense to me. First of all when your in the cave you come across a tiger...Tigers are NOT found in Africa!

Lee

Adventurer
I've seen this comment before, but what is the "cohesive theme" in DL's Adventureland? Seems to me you have Polynesia (Tiki Room), tropical rivers (Jungle Cruise), India/Asian subcontinent (Indiana Jones) and Africa (Tarzan's Treehouse) with a little of the Middle East tossed (the themed M&G for Alladin there). I'm not really sure how it's better than MK.
It's a progression. Upon entering the land Tiki is out front, you pass by the small Arabia area, and emerge into the main area, which has a general late 19th/early 20th century adventure theme with Jungle, Indy, Treehouse and the shopping/food.
It's cohesive. It fits. So much so that they developed a backstory that tied the land together, even referencing Indy during the Jungle Cruise.

You don't find yourself standing next to Eddie's amazing JC boathouse with a spitting, cartoon camel (made from a recycled parade float) right behind you.

It just works...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom