A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

dcibrando

wow... I know Tom Sawyer island is in so-called "Frontierland" but this would have been much better there... and called Treasure Island

for those that would argue this wouldn't fit in "Frontierland" I give you exibit A - most if not all attractions in "Tomorrowland"

ptaylor

Premium Member
I notice that Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is not very busy now. There is often a CM outside trying to recruit guests to play.

Agent P at Epcot is also very quiet these days.

Why build another game? Most guests come to the parks for rides, not games.

menamechris

I notice that Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is not very busy now. There is often a CM outside trying to recruit guests to play.

I played each once - and that was enough. Some people are really into them, but I think for the most part people are giving them a try and then they are done with them. I can see how they could be good for distracting children while waiting for a FastPass, or in Epcot where there is little else to keep a kid's attention, but even most kids associate rides with Disney - not games.

BigThunderMatt

That's because nobody actually PLAYS Sorcerers. Every single person that walks into that firehouse is just some freak that is obsessed with collecting the stupid cards that have no monetary value.

The game itself is asinine. Go to a portal, hold up a card. Now go to this portal. Hold up a card. Now go to another land and do the same thing. Now go to this land. Now go back to the land you were just at but fight a different villain.

Why are they investing money in this crap if they're not going to make it the least bit engaging?

Furiated

That's because nobody actually PLAYS Sorcerers. Every single person that walks into that firehouse is just some freak that is obsessed with collecting the stupid cards that have no monetary value.

The game itself is asinine. Go to a portal, hold up a card. Now go to this portal. Hold up a card. Now go to another land and do the same thing. Now go to this land. Now go back to the land you were just at but fight a different villain.

Why are they investing money in this crap if they're not going to make it the least bit engaging?

Not that there aren't people that just go to collect the cards, but there ARE people that try to play. I think the problem is that they turned off the Medium and Hard levels for a long time because it created longer lines. So on Easy yes, you just hold up any card and you win, go to the next portal, rinse and repeat. But on Medium you have to choose the right spell type, but if you lose once, you're guaranteed to win on the next portal no matter what. On Hard, you actually have to puzzle it out.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm not interested in any of these games so it's not a huge deal to me. However, SOTMK and Agent P seem to be a big hit so I guess it's working. I'm just already sick of the interactive stuff that they keep adding to the parks. I know I am probably in the minority though... A couple of these in each park I can handle. However... if they start adding interactive stuff in some way, shape or form (like SSE) to pretty much every ride then I won't be a happy camper! lol

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
SOTMK and Agent P never interested me since my kids are still toddler/preschool age but this seems more interactive with canons to aim etc. They might enjoy this if they we have some extra time.

Buried20KLeague

The problem I have with these things is that if it's at all busy, there's basically no way to not see what's going to happen before you actually do it yourself. There's almost always someone at the station in front of you triggering exactly what you're going to trigger when it's your turn after they're done.

It seems to me like it would have been smart for the SotMK game to somehow have "rooms" that you enter to do whatever it is you're supposed to do... But I guess maybe they couldn't do that for security reasons or something? Regardless, my 3 kids have had little desire to play any of these games due to the fact that nothing can be a surprise for you when you play.

It just seems like there's got to be a better way to do it.

lazyboy97o

wow... I know Tom Sawyer island is in so-called "Frontierland" but this would have been much better there... and called Treasure Island

for those that would argue this wouldn't fit in "Frontierland" I give you exibit A - most if not all attractions in "Tomorrowland"
Because Tomorrowland is so well regarded?

pixargal

My 14 year old son and his friend had a blast playing SOTMK this past fall. They are at the age where most of the rides do not interest them, so it gave them something new to try. They loved collecting the different cards and dashing around to different locations. Of course, I wasn't thrilled to learn about the lurkers that hang around there with their binders full of cards trying to talk with the boys. But, that is another conversation.

googilycub

Funny, when my daughter played agent p two weeks ago, she could not pick the country, since many were at capacity. I also notice a whole lo of kids with the phones while back in the countries. Far from quiet if you ask me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom