A look inside the new Disney Story Room family suites at Disney's Art of Animation

lebeau

A little of topic... but the first thing you learn as a parent is the fact you don't know a darn thing! I was an intelligent person until I had a baby! And then just when you think you have things all figured out they go through a new stage. Kids keep you on your toes to put it politely.

My children have stayed at Value, Mods., Deluxes, and Villas... and let me tell you, kids are kids! They like big, colorful, tacky, etc.!!! My kids were more amazed with the elevator in Kidani Village than they were with the artifacts displayed!

The fact of the matter is (and yes, this is fact - Disney wouldn't be building these if they didn't think so) these rooms will be filled and the parents will be happy and the children will be happy!

Amen!

If you don't have kids, you don't "get it". You can't get it. I don't care how many kids your fiance interacts with. Unless you have raised kids, you can't possibly understand what it means to be a parent.

Devoy, no offense but your predictions about your kids are hysterical. If you actually have them, you're in for some surprises. But don't worry. That's true of everyone when they become a parent.

Getting married changes your life. Having kids changes you. Your whole perspective on life, everything. Even "tacky" rooms that delight children.

devoy1701

Amen!

If you don't have kids, you don't "get it". You can't get it. I don't care how many kids your fiance interacts with. Unless you have raised kids, you can't possibly understand what it means to be a parent.

Devoy, no offense but your predictions about your kids are hysterical. If you actually have them, you're in for some surprises. But don't worry. That's true of everyone when they become a parent.

Getting married changes your life. Having kids changes you. Your whole perspective on life, everything. Even "tacky" rooms that delight children.

I have no doubt that having kids will change my perspective on life. Though I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that my likes, interests, and tastes won't rub off on my kids... A lot of my own parents' did.

Anyway, I can honestly say with 100% confidence that we will never stay at this resort.

NewfieFan

I have no doubt that having kids will change my perspective on life. Though I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that my likes, interests, and tastes won't rub off on my kids... A lot of my own parents' did.

Anyway, I can honestly say with 100% confidence that we will never stay at this resort.

Of course, your likes, interests, etc. will rub off onto your kids. My kids are into Disney b/c we're into Disney. They wouldn't be into WDW if they had parents that never took them there. My son loves video games and I can tell you with most certainty he gets that from his father. My daughter loves crafting, coloring, art, etc. and turns after me. But kids are individuals, they are born with a personality and it's there from day one! It's funny now b/c I can look back even to the day they were born and see their personalities in those wee little preemie babies I had.

And I can say with 100% confidence that if you say anything with 100% confidence your children will make a fool of you! :animwink: I don't make the rules I just follow them! :lol:

Wait until a child looks up at you with those big eyes and says, "Daddy (or mommy) I want to stay in the hotel with Lightning McQueen!"

lebeau

It might happen. It might not. My dad hates Disney World with a passion. We don't share a single interest. It can really go either way.

But that's as adults. With kids, you just never know. They will go through all kinds of unpredictable phases. Anything you think you know you can just go ahead and forget. Like NewfieFan said, you don't really know anything. You just think you do.

(And obviously, I don't mean you personally but anyone who ever becomes a parent.)

I'll give you an example. When our oldest was little, we saw commericals for iCarly. Based on the commercials, we decided it was the most awful show on the planet and dreaded the idea that she would ever want to watch it. Well, eventually she watched an episode at grandma's house and decided she loved it.

A few months later, my daughter has moved on but my wife is still addicted to iCarly.

You just don't know. Some day, your kids may drag you to AoA. And some day further down the line, you may look back and wish they would still go there with you.

Or maybe you'll be a bad parent! (obviously j/k)

COProgressFan

Amen!

I have kids. I "get it". And yet, I still find the rooms at AoA extremely tacky and I will still never stay there! :lol:

bugsbunny

Never mind, answered my own question.

$250/night for off season and $350+/night during the busier seasons!!! Once again, WDW manages to put lodging out of the reach of the working man. The $250 I can handle, but obviously you are limited as to when you can go at that point. But $350+ a night is exorbitant. That's more than what I paid for a room at the Wilderness Lodge.

devoy1701

$250/night for off season and $350+/night during the busier seasons!!! Once again, WDW manages to put lodging out of the reach of the working man. The $250 I can handle, but obviously you are limited as to when you can go at that point. But $350+ a night is exorbitant. That's more than what I paid for a room at the Wilderness Lodge.

$250 is more than I would pay for a room at the WL!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

While that's more than I would pay for such rooms, two things to note. First, frequent discounts are offerred on other rooms types. If similar discounts are made available and apply to these rooms, one might find them for $150-175 in the off season.

Second, to say it's "out of reach of the working man" is really not right, as I know many "working men" who do indeed pay the prices that I consider exhorbitant. They have different priorities than I do in terms of spending money -- if they're doing their once a decade trip to Disney, they want to do it right. It's in their reach because they have made that a priority.

Animaniac93-98

You'll have to let me know which discounts those are. I can't recall the last time I saw it that low.

In order to get to $150 you'd have to find a 40% off rate during a value season weeknight. Which you might get as an APer for exmaple, but chances are that AoA would be discounted at the same time anyway.

devoy1701

In order to get to $150 you'd have to find a 40% off rate during a value season weeknight. Which you might get as an APer for exmaple, but chances are that AoA would be discounted at the same time anyway.

You're half right (well maybe 3/4 :cool:). You can get as low as $144/night at the Wilderness Lodge (that's the lowest I've seen anyway) during Value Season...so during select times in August, September, October, and early December, and yes it's a Passholders rate. But I don't think AoA would be discounted at the same point because every time the discounts have come out, the higher the Resort Tier you go, the more the discount is off of the rack rate...I guess this is because they want you to get the sense that you're getting a better deal even though you end up paying more.

The highest I've ever paid for a room at WL was $225, but then again I never travel when AP rates aren't available and I usually try to travel during Value Season as much as possible.

Last time I got the $144 rate was last August actually on our Engagement Trip (the one they botched! lol)

lebeau

You're half right (well maybe 3/4 :cool:). You can get as low as $144/night at the Wilderness Lodge (that's the lowest I've seen anyway) during Value Season...so during select times in August, September, October, and early December, and yes it's a Passholders rate. But I don't think AoA would be discounted at the same point because every time the discounts have come out, the higher the Resort Tier you go, the more the discount is off of the rack rate...I guess this is because they want you to get the sense that you're getting a better deal even though you end up paying more.

The highest I've ever paid for a room at WL was $225, but then again I never travel when AP rates aren't available and I usually try to travel during Value Season as much as possible.

Last time I got the $144 rate was last August actually on our Engagement Trip (the one they botched! lol)

That's great. But again, the AoA suites are targeting families with kids who typically can't travel at this time of year and probably aren't AP holders either.

All of these comparissons between a family suite and a heavily discounted deluxe room off season with AP-holder rates are appples and oranges.

devoy1701

That's great. But again, the AoA suites are targeting families with kids who typically can't travel at this time of year and probably aren't AP holders either.

All of these comparissons between a family suite and a heavily discounted deluxe room off season with AP-holder rates are appples and oranges.

Good point. I doubt AoA will be discount much at all as we aren't the target market and they're probably going to be very popular. Just like how Saratoga Springs is the most heavily discounted resort as they're always trying to drive traffic over to that enormous place!

Anyway...that is all.....:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom