A little travelling music please...

MCC1

My must-haves:
Boom Boom Pow- Black-Eyed Peas
The 20 minute long version of Tapestry of Nations- that was my favorite parade ever- tapestry of dreams at EPCOT
There are also a few 80'd tunes that really get me pumped up too!

Yes...best parade ever...and that music was key in the 2000 Marathon for me, they had it playing as I was heading toward 20 miles and I was having a really good day - it was the perfect soundtrack for the day as the crescendo hit at the right time...and I thought 'wall...there's no stinkin' wall at 20 miles..':)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
You folks know I don't listen to music when I run, but one song that pumps me up before a run or race is "Animal" by Pearl Jam

MKCP 1985

My "power song" is "The Distance" by Cake.

Given my slow(ish) running pace, it is the perfect song for me, but the music always gets me to kick it up a notch or at the very least, to keep running at full pace for the duration of the song.

Partial lyrics of note:

"the fans get up and they get out of town.
the arena is empty except for one man,
still driving and striving as fast as he can.
the sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
and long ago somebody left with the cup.

but he's driving and striving and hugging the turns.
and thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

he's going the distance.
he's going for speed.
she's all alone
all alone in her time of need.
because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
he's fighting and biting and riding on his horse,
he's going the distance."

:lol:

MKCP 1985

Can't help but move a little better to Cee-Lo Green's "F#%K You". During the Disney Marathon, this song came on somewhere along the Osceola Pkwy (mile 18ish). I started singing it at the top of my lungs and a few other runners joined in singing with me-it was a fun NON-Disney moment.

:lol: I recently added that one to my playlist - the NON edited version :eek: Theraputic!

A few that come to mind.

RL Burnside - Stole My Check (just feel good song, to me. Not really a fast running song, but I kept it in there)
-dave
I have some of his music with me when I run, but not on any of my run specific playlists. (Its Bad, You Know)

My must-haves:
Boom Boom Pow- Black-Eyed Peas
But of course! :D

Oh, another one is a song made popular in a recent advertisement - "How You Like Me Now?" by the Heavy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
20 minutes before Talladega start, I was standing on the 33 degree turn 4 stretching my calves. I was getting my volume tweaked a little since it resets itself if you sync up to itunes. I listen to musical scores during the race, but pre-game, I tapped into a little Black Sabbath from the paranoid album. Got my blood going just enough.

JillC LI

Original Poster
Heard this during a TV show the other day and had to download it. What a great running song!

"One More" by Superchick

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom