A little travelling music please...

JillC LI

Original Poster
Boy, it's been quiet around here since the Disney Half/Full Marathon. Thought I'd perk things up with a question.

What's your single go-to song when you need a real boost during a run?

I'll start: "Far From Over" by Frank Stallone.
Love the line "I am down but I am far from over..." The beat just gets me pumped every time. When I was running the NYC marathon, I did not put my iPod on for 99% of the race because I wanted to take in the whole experience, but I had it with me and, as planned, I put in the earbuds and turned it on when I entered the 59th Street Bridge. There are no spectators on that part of the route and it is almost a mile uphill at the 16 mile mark of the race. I figured I'd need a boost for that hill so I had my iPod preset to that song. It worked!

lukacseven

How Far We've Come - Matchbox 20

I typiclaly run to the same 20 songs and then add delete new ones for each race. I also like to match the length of the playlist to my approximate finish time and set certain songs for certain portions of the course.

Good post - I'm always looking for new songs to run to.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'll start: "Far From Over" by Frank Stallone.
Love the line "I am down but I am far from over..."
"Back in the race, Im movin in cause I am getting closer, Im diggin in, I want it more than anything I've wanted" OMG. I am about to completely put myself in the dork catagory, but Stayin Alive (movie) is in my top 5 favorite movies. You think I own the soundtrack? OF COURSE! Love that song and how it is implemented into the movie as well.

Great thread! My go to song would be in a few categories (naturally I have to make it difficult)

Song with lyrics: The Cult - "Rise"
Song with Lyrics 2: Shiny Toy Guns - "Ricochet"
Score Instrumental: Hans Zimmer - "Main PotC theme"

fmingo36

Can't help but move a little better to Cee-Lo Green's "F#%K You". During the Disney Marathon, this song came on somewhere along the Osceola Pkwy (mile 18ish). I started singing it at the top of my lungs and a few other runners joined in singing with me-it was a fun NON-Disney moment.

joel_maxwell

Can't help but move a little better to Cee-Lo Green's "F#%K You". During the Disney Marathon, this song came on somewhere along the Osceola Pkwy (mile 18ish). I started singing it at the top of my lungs and a few other runners joined in singing with me-it was a fun NON-Disney moment.
:lol: I love those moments.

For some reason, Marilyn Manson's "Fight Song" comes on right before a monster hill on my route (if I chose music as apposed to a score that day). It is nice.

JillC LI

Original Poster
"Back in the race, Im movin in cause I am getting closer, Im diggin in, I want it more than anything I've wanted" OMG. I am about to completely put myself in the dork catagory, but Stayin Alive (movie) is in my top 5 favorite movies. You think I own the soundtrack? OF COURSE! Love that song and how it is implemented into the movie as well.

Great thread! My go to song would be in a few categories (naturally I have to make it difficult)

Song with lyrics: The Cult - "Rise"
Song with Lyrics 2: Shiny Toy Guns - "Ricochet"
Score Instrumental: Hans Zimmer - "Main PotC theme"

You have to be freakin' kidding me. NO ONE ever has known that song when I mentioned it. NO ONE! I not only have the soundtrack but the VCR tape of that movie. I love the dance scenes (not to mention John Travolta "strutting" at the end of the movie:D). Aren't the words to that song perfect though when you need a running boost? Try it!

I'm definitely gonna check out everyone's recommendations on iTunes.

joel_maxwell

You have to be freakin' kidding me. NO ONE ever has known that song when I mentioned it. NO ONE! I not only have the soundtrack but the VCR tape of that movie. I love the dance scenes (not to mention John Travolta "strutting" at the end of the movie:D). Aren't the words to that song perfect though when you need a running boost? Try it!

I'm definitely gonna check out everyone's recommendations on iTunes.
I am going to have to watch the movie this weekend. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

I'm guessing it was the radio edit? :lookaroun :lol:

Disney Dawg88

Even though it's Disney, I would say that's a pretty appropriate song to sing during that stretch of the race :ROFLOL:. I remember the first time I ran it I didn't look at the course map prior and when we were going down Osceola and I saw all of the runners coming back in the other direction I said "oh you have to be kidding me". I eventually made the turn around on Osceloa and towards DHS. I wasn't a big fan of that stretch :mad:

Phonedave

I don't normally run with music.

On the rare occasions when I used to, I would throw it on random. Whenever "Rescue Me" by The Alarm came on, I though it was appropriate.

Running all my life
Running all my day
Running through the night
Seems like forever
Take me now
I'm so tired
Take me now
This time, forever

rescue me
I'm on the run like a refugee
rescue me
Oh come on rescue me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJsRK0MC4PM

Matches my pace pretty well too. A little slower, so it was like a rest.

-dave

Phonedave

There are a few like that, that used to be in my rotation as well.

A few that come to mind.

RL Burnside - Stole My Check (just feel good song, to me. Not really a fast running song, but I kept it in there)

The Gourds - Gin and Juice (yes, a country cover of Snoop. This is the original cover, Phish took it from them)

Black 47 - Rockin the Bronx. (I also rate them above Off Kilter - but thats a different thread)

-dave

joel_maxwell

There are a few like that, that used to be in my rotation as well.

A few that come to mind.

RL Burnside - Stole My Check (just feel good song, to me. Not really a fast running song, but I kept it in there)

The Gourds - Gin and Juice (yes, a country cover of Snoop. This is the original cover, Phish took it from them)

Black 47 - Rockin the Bronx. (I also rate them above Off Kilter - but thats a different thread)

-dave
Im going to check a few of these. I of course have the Phish versions of Gin and Juice from back in the day.... :lookaroun

Erin_Akey

My must-haves:
Boom Boom Pow- Black-Eyed Peas
The 20 minute long version of Tapestry of Nations- that was my favorite parade ever- tapestry of dreams at EPCOT
There are also a few 80'd tunes that really get me pumped up too!

JillC LI

Original Poster
I don't normally run with music.

On the rare occasions when I used to, I would throw it on random. Whenever "Rescue Me" by The Alarm came on, I though it was appropriate.

-dave

I'll check it out, but I'm afraid I'll take a rest if I start singing to myself "Rescue Me"! LOL. My mantras are usually about never giving in and feeling strong.

JillC LI

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom