A little travelling music please...

JillC LI

Original Poster
Hey everyone - I can't open youtube videos at work (which is where I usually check this site during lunch), and I don't often remember to go back and check this forum from home so it'd be great if you could list the song title next to the youtube links so I can keep the song in mind to check out on iTunes! Thanks :wave:

a2grafix

I have been listening while running to two Prince mixes a friend made for me. The first one is just one song - Days of Wild - and it has live mixes, alternate versions and instrumental grooves that go on for 1 hour. It's like one of those Pink Floyd mega-1-song mixes - the same song live or in studio performed over the years. Basically this year I have been in a "Days of Wild" kind of year since there has been a lot of "stuff" I needed to accomplish, both on the civilian side and military side.

The other is another 1 hour mix, actually a mega-mix of Prince's hits spanning 30-some years. Amazing how the beat continues and continues. Anyway, midway through the mix is a rare track from his Diamonds and Pearls release (1991) called PUSH. It's only 35 seconds mixed in but powerful --

Every time U get some
People wanna take it back
They rather see U on the run
Than see U get it like that
Every time they stop U
A-change up like a sock
Every time they try 2 clock U
Tick more than they tock, ah...

Push (I push) don't U let them pull U down
Yeah, push (I push ) until U get 2 higher ground
Hey, push - U're never 2 young, U're never 2 old
Yeah push - don't stop until U go

And each time I hear that it validates me and my drive to continue running, regardless I am 41. I might be a little slower than most, but the endurance and drive are what keeps me going.

I salivate when I anticipate running or working out next. It's like an endorphin rush.

sweetpee_1993

Before I Forget - Slipknot (current favorite)

Bodies - Drowning Pool

Voices - Disturbed (loooong-time running tune for me)

Inside Out - Eve 6

Remedy - Seether

No Excuses - Alice in Chains

Something in Your Mouth - Nickelback

The Hand that Feeds - Nine Inch Nails

I was thinking about my playlist just yesterday. Seems that the stuff I prefer most is the stuff that makes me feel like gettin' up and kickin' a$$. No princess tunes for me..... :cool:

And is it just me, but when I hear any of my favorite running regulars I feel that power surge and I'm ready to run. Driving down the road if one of my favorites comes on the radio or the teens play them I feel like pulling over, hopping out, and running. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom