A Fifth Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm not wasting any time on something not important to me. I just don't like when people walk over me, and I like to give my point of view, which I don't mind putting energy into. But you've expressed how tired this subject is, so please feel free to move on! I'm fine, I've said my two cents, and now I wish to discuss a fifth theme park...
No one was walking over you, simply pointing out the fact this particular topic had been discussed many times before. Either do a little research on the topic you wish to discuss, or be prepared that these comments may arise....

lazyboy97o

I think if they could find a way to do so without killing their reputation, they'd sooner close one of the parks than build another. Disney's Animal Kingdom did not extended stays the way they wanted and there is greater costs in operating an additional park.

ToyStorygirl

Maybe, I should not have said never. But it will take a lot of guests before a fifth park is considered. They would have to max out all of the space around the 4 parks they have to expand without making them too big that they take up too much space to navigate. A few expansions in each park that can add an additional 6-8 thousand people to each park a day is much easier to build and maintain than a 5th park. Hey I'm not saying I don't want one, but I don't want Disney to do worse on the profit and loss statements either; then spending is cut all around for a good long time.
Well said

Pocahontas

Original Poster
No one was walking over you, simply pointing out the fact this particular topic had been discussed many times before. Either do a little research on the topic you wish to discuss, or be prepared that these comments may arise....
I just felt like I was being ganged up on, which I don't particularly like. I realize this topic has been repeatedly discussed, but there's no rule stating I can't make a thread... I just thought the comments were a little uncalled for. Nothing wrong with wanting different perspectives on this topic.

*This is the last thing I'll say on the matter

Vader2112

@Vader2112.... First of all, I like your user name....secondly, just answered that question. Please see previous post. Thirdly, I too have visited Knotts Berry Farm. Numerous times, but not recently ,so I can't really speak on that other than to say that to me, Knotts felt like a lower budget, carnival type of thingy. Still had fun...just not nearly as fun, and aside from a particularly good night there once, no magic. Nope. None.

Thanks to the nod on my user name. Knotts is the basis of the American theme park in general Walt Disney and Walt Knott were admirer's of each other. My thought here was to you Universal Orlando is a second banana. Knotts Berry farm is a small place with a huge cult following. You never know what may influence you.
Honestly I saw your post after I clicked go on mine. I mean no ill will here just good fun. Like I said fun to imagine a fifth gate.
Cool Avatar!

slappy magoo

I just felt like I was being ganged up on, which I don't particularly like. I realize this topic has been repeatedly discussed, but there's no rule stating I can't make a thread... I just thought the comments were a little uncalled for. Nothing wrong with wanting different perspectives on this topic.

*This is the last thing I'll say on the matter
Eh, for the most part most of us find it funny when an idea that's been discussed a lot comes up again. And most of us are just ribbing you. So you figure, those of us who are doing it in good humor are being friendly about it, don't take offense. Those who are viscerally attacking you...are viscerally attacking a stranger on an internet forum for the crime of asking a question that's been asked multiple times before and isn't that far sadder than YOU ASKING that question in the first place? So don't take offense.

Cmdr_Crimson

Eh, for the most part most of us find it funny when an idea that's been discussed a lot comes up again. And most of us are just ribbing you. So you figure, those of us who are doing it in good humor are being friendly about it, don't take offense. Those who are viscerally attacking you...are viscerally attacking a stranger on an internet forum for the crime of asking a question that's been asked multiple times before and isn't that far sadder than YOU ASKING that question in the first place? So don't take offense.

I've been in the same boat..And asked the question my first year being on this forum..

Pocahontas

Original Poster
I think if they could find a way to do so without killing their reputation, they'd sooner close one of the parks than build another. Disney's Animal Kingdom did not extended stays the way they wanted and there is greater costs in operating an additional park.
I definitely think they have to be careful.

MrDee

@ToyStorygirl....wow, so many things to respond to. Agreed....a music themed park, maybe a little edgier than Disney is used to, would be unique (I think) and they could invite real stars to perform there, create band based attractions like they did with Aerosmith, and do a better night time show than even Fantasmic. Every time I watch that show, I think how could KISS do this better?

..as for only ever " eating at the same restaurant all the time?"... I hear ya'....I am often the person using that similar analogy to others. You've got me on that one. But hey, that just made me think of another idea....a food based theme park. Everybody eats?

Now, you can SAY WDW is a replica of DL, but do you really FEEL that. I've been to both, and Euro Disney, and there is a reason they call it a WORLD down there in Florida. DL holds that special spot in my heart and always will, but DL is merely the seed from which a great and awesome jungle grew.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I know, never say never, right? And maybe I am missing out on something I'd like. Maybe it boils down to something as simple as Universal isn't what drew me to visit Florida. Disney was....and still is. I also feel that Universal is only there because of the path that Disney paved, much like all the hotels, restaurants, etc that are in the area. I don't think the Disney Magic can be replicated by anything/one other than Disney. Why settle for second best?

How can you call Universal second best if you've never even been?

In regards to Disney paving the way for Universal... No. Disneyland is not the first theme park. Other parks paved the way for Disney. Also, Disney copied Universal when they made DHS.

Pocahontas

Original Poster
How can you call Universal second best if you've never even been?

In regards to Disney paving the way for Universal... No. Disneyland is not the first theme park. Other parks paved the way for Disney. Also, Disney copied Universal when they made DHS.
Nobody said Disneyland was the first theme park... it was the first of its kind. Completely innovative and immersive.

+ Disney didn't "copy"... it's called competition. It was a smart move, if anything.

One of the reasons I came over here from disboards was that there was too much bullying in the form of sarcastic comments by the veterans to newbies who might post something that has been explored. I thought those on the magic boards seemed to avoid this kind of thing.
If someone wants to explore this topic, that is fine. Unless if a topic has been explored before it is forbidden? Seems silly, right? I read a thread because it interests me. Sometimes I post, sometimes I look. But I would not post a comment about how ridiculous it is for a person to post a thread. It just seems to be not so nice.

That being said, I do agree that a fifth park would not be something I would want them explore until they work out some things at epcot and animal kingdom. Magic kingdom and Hollywood studios have enough for me. But we are not people who go down a few times a year, or every other year, so it's hard for us to get tired of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom