A Fifth Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebeau

noooooooooo.jpg

MrDee

Never? Quite a statement. Why?

I know, never say never, right? And maybe I am missing out on something I'd like. Maybe it boils down to something as simple as Universal isn't what drew me to visit Florida. Disney was....and still is. I also feel that Universal is only there because of the path that Disney paved, much like all the hotels, restaurants, etc that are in the area. I don't think the Disney Magic can be replicated by anything/one other than Disney. Why settle for second best?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
This is not aimed at you as you weren't rude however....

Maybe conversations would be more free flowing if newbies weren't bombarded by ar**holes being sarcastic and ruining their threads putting them off wanting to post again.

If they don't want to discuss it then don't look in the thread. The forum isn't limited on space. They can create a thread they do want to contribute to.
It's an open discussion forum (for the most part). Comments are going to be multi-faceted, and come in all form and styles. And from what I read they were not directed at the OP specifically as opposed to the topic. Which, regardless of one's views, makes them fair game....

Pocahontas

Original Poster
And others simply use the Search function....

I'm indifferent to the thread myself (primarily because it's exceptionally doubtful to come to fruition), but there shouldn't be surprise or condemnation at certain reactions to it....
I don't really think you need to be rude. It's quite simple; just don't post. You obviously have heard this one too many times, so feel more than free to sit this on out. We (meaning those who are newer and haven't partaken in this type of discussion) on the other hand, would like to talk about it. Nobody said you need to participate.

+ Sorry for not using the Search tool, I just wanted fresh and relevant opinions and I had specific questions I wanted to ask.

Pocahontas

Original Poster
I know, never say never, right? And maybe I am missing out on something I'd like. Maybe it boils down to something as simple as Universal isn't what drew me to visit Florida. Disney was....and still is. I also feel that Universal is only there because of the path that Disney paved, much like all the hotels, restaurants, etc that are in the area. I don't think the Disney Magic can be replicated by anything/one other than Disney. Why settle for second best?
Well said.

slappy magoo

Never will happen, it will not make Disney any money. It'll just spread people out more across another park and cost more to operate. They need to focus on the crowds at the current parks and expand those. If they increase attendance across all 4 parks to add an additional 30,000 guests a day then maybe. But it would still be more cost effective to make it so that each park can handle an additional 8000 guests a day by expanding the current parks.
Disney always has plans to build more hotels.
Maybe these would be filled by guests who currently stay offsite and now would. Maybe they'll bring in more guests overall.
If it's the latter, and the existing parks become too packed, you'll see more people unsatisfied and not come back.
Repeat business is still a big part of Disney's growth plan. Granted, they'd rather have people who think this may be their once in a lifetime trip and as a result spend like drunken sailors, but they know the repeat customers have to be happy too. And they won't be if the crowds start to feel like an Easter Sunday crowd all the time.
So at that point, WDW either concedes that they're going to lose business to other attractions, or they figure out a way to spread those guests out.
5th park.

ToyStorygirl

It's not second best. Just different. You go to WDW which is a replica of DL ;)

It's like only eating at one restaurant all your life. :p

Fair play if you don't fancy it but I'd say if you ever get a chance give it a go. It's fun. They don't even try to replicate any magic, different vibe altogether.

cynic710

i think the best possibility for a fifth gate is to address the lack of true thrill rides at disney. dont get me wrong, aerosmith, tot and others are sufficent thrill rides, but to go next level and compete with universal would be great. have thrill rides galore, mix in family friendly thrills and take advantage of star wars, marvel and other themed land possibilities and go to town on a fifth gate.

when will all this happen? probably not within the next decade if i had to guess.

MrDee

@Vader2112.... First of all, I like your user name....secondly, just answered that question. Please see previous post. Thirdly, I too have visited Knotts Berry Farm. Numerous times, but not recently ,so I can't really speak on that other than to say that to me, Knotts felt like a lower budget, carnival type of thingy. Still had fun...just not nearly as fun, and aside from a particularly good night there once, no magic. Nope. None.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't really think you need to be rude. It's quite simple; just don't post. You obviously have heard this one too many times, so feel more than free to sit this on out. We (meaning those who are newer and haven't partaken in this type of discussion) on the other hand, would like to talk about it. Nobody said you need to participate.

+ Sorry for not using the Search tool, I just wanted fresh and relevant opinions and I had specific questions I wanted to ask.
Well, I wasn't responding to you, so bear that in mind. But again, a thread gets started will receive responses that the OP does not want. That's the nature of an open discussion forum....

Pocahontas

Original Poster
Well, I wasn't responding to you, so bear that in mind. But again, a thread gets started will receive responses that the OP does not want. That's the nature of an open discussion forum....
Yeah, but why waste the energy telling me I shouldn't post this when you could just move on? This IS an open discussion forum... ;)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah, but why waste the energy telling me I shouldn't post this when you could just move on? This IS an open discussion forum... ;)
I never said you shouldn't post anything. Just agreed with those that the topic has been discussed ad naseum....

And quite frankly, the one expending the energy to continue this particular discussion is yourself.

ToyStorygirl

The real question here is: When do you think we will see a fifth gate appear? The next ten years? Less, more? Or will there even be one?

Another thing about this hypothetical park is it's theme. I think Disney has pretty much all the bases covered when it comes to this, so what's left for this theme park?

Do you believe the theme park will increase Disney's annual attendance while lowering individual park attendance?

I'd just like to hear your thoughts and opinions on all this, is think it's interesting to wonder about.

Back to the original question

Theme - I'd love to see a music themed park. I think a Pixar park could be another good option.

I don't think it would increase attendance as I'm not sure a lot of people even realise now that WDW is 4 separate parks. Many people I know seem totally unaware of this. I think it would simply spread the current attendance out.

Pocahontas

Original Poster
I never said you shouldn't post anything. Just agreed with those that the topic has been discussed ad naseum....

And quite frankly, the one expending the energy to continue this particular discussion is yourself.
I'm not wasting any time on something not important to me. I just don't like when people walk over me, and I like to give my point of view, which I don't mind putting energy into. But you've expressed how tired this subject is, so please feel free to move on! I'm fine, I've said my two cents, and now I wish to discuss a fifth theme park...

Mawg

Disney always has plans to build more hotels.
Maybe these would be filled by guests who currently stay offsite and now would. Maybe they'll bring in more guests overall.
If it's the latter, and the existing parks become too packed, you'll see more people unsatisfied and not come back.
Repeat business is still a big part of Disney's growth plan. Granted, they'd rather have people who think this may be their once in a lifetime trip and as a result spend like drunken sailors, but they know the repeat customers have to be happy too. And they won't be if the crowds start to feel like an Easter Sunday crowd all the time.
So at that point, WDW either concedes that they're going to lose business to other attractions, or they figure out a way to spread those guests out.
5th park.
Maybe, I should not have said never. But it will take a lot of guests before a fifth park is considered. They would have to max out all of the space around the 4 parks they have to expand without making them too big that they take up too much space to navigate. A few expansions in each park that can add an additional 6-8 thousand people to each park a day is much easier to build and maintain than a 5th park. Hey I'm not saying I don't want one, but I don't want Disney to do worse on the profit and loss statements either; then spending is cut all around for a good long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom