A Few More Details About The Laugh Floor

imagineer boy

RSoxNo1 said:
Imagineer Boy, what is it you look for in an attraction? What are your favorite attractions?

Well, what I look in for attractions, is everything a Disney attraction is supposed to have. These things include: Top notch themeing, a believable and not too simple yet not too confusing story line, a qeue line that has a good amount of themeing that draws you into the story and explains where you are and why you're here, good usage of AAs and SFX, has some form of uniqueness and originality that makes it stand out ( even for clones ), if it has some sort of pre and post show that gives the ride a beginning and an end, if it fits the themeing and feel of the land and park its located in and adds to the complexity of the land, if the ride has a good length to it not too long or short, has a memorable and noticable musical score, and above all, if its entertaining.

Almost all attractions break atleast one of those rules, which is acceptable, but Monsters Inc. breaks several of those rules up there which is not acceptable. It has a story that's very simple minded sounding. Couldn't they atleast have something that goes wrong in the show? Like Randall coming in or something? They might have something like that for all I know, but you'd think they'd say something about it in the early information that's been leaked recently. It doesn't have that much uniqueness and originality for me. Its just Turtle talk with Monsters Inc. And, it doesn't fit the themeing of Tomorrowland.

As for my favourite attractions, they include: Alien Encounter, TTA, Space Mountain, CoP, Buzz, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, POTC, Philharmagic, SSE, Test Track, M:S, HISTA, Soarin, American Adventure, Maelstrom, ToT, RnR, TGMR, Star Tours, Muppets, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, ITTBAB, Dinosaur. ( havn't been on E:E yet )

My favourite rides at DL are: Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones Adventure, POTC, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, most of the FL dark rides, Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin over CA, Muppets, Grizzly River Run, and ITTBAB.

imagineer boy

Pongo said:
The Soarin' queue isn't ugly.

I'm sure its only a matter of opinion. There are some parts of the qeue that were neat like the neon blue hallway, and the large hallway with the enviromental facts on the wall. The beginning of the qeue however, is very bland and unthemed with blank, tan walls with nothing good to look at. And the last part of the qeue before boarding has ugly steel beams, wires, and tubing exposed.

Pongo

imagineer boy said:
Well, what I look in for attractions, is everything a Disney attraction is supposed to have. These things include: Top notch themeing, a believable and not too simple yet not too confusing story line, a qeue line that has a good amount of themeing that draws you into the story and explains where you are and why you're here, good usage of AAs and SFX, has some form of uniqueness and originality that makes it stand out ( even for clones ), if it has some sort of pre and post show that gives the ride a beginning and an end, if it fits the themeing and feel of the land and park its located in and adds to the complexity of the land, if the ride has a good length to it not too long or short, has a memorable and noticable musical score, and above all, if its entertaining.

Almost all attractions break atleast one of those rules, which is acceptable, but Monsters Inc. breaks several of those rules up there which is not acceptable. It has a story that's very simple minded sounding. Couldn't they atleast have something that goes wrong in the show? Like Randall coming in or something? They might have something like that for all I know, but you'd think they'd say something about it in the early information that's been leaked recently. It doesn't have that much uniqueness and originality for me. Its just Turtle talk with Monsters Inc. And, it doesn't fit the themeing of Tomorrowland.

As for my favourite attractions, they include: Alien Encounter, TTA, Space Mountain, CoP, Buzz, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, POTC, Philharmagic, SSE, Test Track, M:S, HISTA, Soarin, American Adventure, Maelstrom, ToT, RnR, TGMR, Star Tours, Muppets, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, ITTBAB, Dinosaur. ( havn't been on E:E yet )

My favourite rides at DL are: Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones Adventure, POTC, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, most of the FL dark rides, Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin over CA, Muppets, Grizzly River Run, and ITTBAB.

Funny that the TTA (number two on your list) Follows hardly any of your criteria :veryconfu

Just so you know.

imagineer boy

Pongo said:
Funny that the TTA (number two on your list) Follows hardly any of your criteria :veryconfu

Just so you know.

It does, but in very small ways. Some of those on the list, kinda don't count though, because the ride doesn't need them ( like a qeue because its fast loading, ect. )

MissK

I'm not really into this idea either :( I'm hoping however the execution works out better then it sounds on paper however!

Figment1986

ISTCrew20 said:
I know most of this has been discussed, but I had never seen an actual seat number and the details about 2 comedians.
Thanks for the info.. I havn't seen that mch info.. just that a comey club was opening in tomorrowland.. lol

400 seats.. this doesn't have that bad of guest capacity... might need fast pass. lol... stitch has some that doesn't need to be used...:drevil:

disnyfan89

imagineer boy said:
I'm sure its only a matter of opinion. There are some parts of the qeue that were neat like the neon blue hallway, and the large hallway with the enviromental facts on the wall. The beginning of the qeue however, is very bland and unthemed with blank, tan walls with nothing good to look at. And the last part of the qeue before boarding has ugly steel beams, wires, and tubing exposed.
Since we are talking about opions... I think the last part of the que fits the theme well because you are entering an aircraft hanger. So I think it works.

RSoxNo1

imagineer boy said:

Thanks for the response. A few things though. We don't know everything about the laugh floor, we don't know how they'll theme it with tomorrowland (or if they'll bother trying). Right now, I too am under the impression that it doesn't fit the theme. Perhaps the way they'll get around it is something in the preshow that says, "in the future we have to look elsewhere for energy..." Many of the story lines are understated in disney attractions. Sure, certain rides have objectives (Splash is the clearest example of this), others really don't. I understand the belief of many people on this site about certain attractions having that Disney touch, I just find that the standard for achieving that touch has been set so high, it's hard for Disney to outdo their previous attractions. To say that Disney has peaked isn't entirely accurate, but they're certainly nearing a plateau because of the high standards they've already set for themselves.

With all that said, it's quite possible that the much rumored Incredibles Robocoaster will blow everyone away, but a year later we'll be having the same conversation when rumors start circulating about the next attraction that doesn't match up to the latest E-Ticket. I don't understand some of the mentalities on this board, individuals clamoring for new dark rides, rides for the whole family, yet when Disney produces (or begins construction on) some of these new attractions there's backlash. What happened to reserving judgment? What would have happened if instead of going on Expedition Everest you formulated your opinion of it on one line in a webforum that said, "it will feature the most complex Animatronic since Stitch!"

Everyone is entitled to their opinions here, but when opinions aren't rooted in a factual basis it sounds like whining. Imagineer boy, that's what your first post was, you followed it up with the post that I quoted above. The second post was well thought out - you told us what you expect in a new attraction, and you helped support my point that Disney fans hold the company to an incredibly high standard.

DisneyDellsDude

RSoxNo1 said:
Thanks for the response. A few things though. We don't know everything about the laugh floor, we don't know how they'll theme it with tomorrowland (or if they'll bother trying). Right now, I too am under the impression that it doesn't fit the theme. Perhaps the way they'll get around it is something in the preshow that says, "in the future we have to look elsewhere for energy..."

I think it will fit the theme fairly well if they fit it to follow that Tomorrowland is supposed to be a city in the future. That area is kind of like the "downtown" of tomorrowland. (because it is on the main stretch) You need some "clubs" in a city!

I can't wait to watch it!!:animwink:

OmegaKnight

I think this is not only going to be very popular with the guests (look at the queue for Turtle Talk) but I think its going to be a very well done presentation. I would have still loved to see Monsters, Inc go into Universe of Energy but Tomorrowland is a good home for our friend Mike. Why is everyone passing judgment on this show before they even see it?

Pongo

OmegaKnight said:
I think this is not only going to be very popular with the guests (look at the queue for Turtle Talk) but I think its going to be a very well done presentation. I would have still loved to see Monsters, Inc go into Universe of Energy but Tomorrowland is a good home for our friend Mike. Why is everyone passing judgment on this show before they even see it?

Monsters, Inc. sill could go into UoE. If Nemo can go into TLS AND have a show at AK, I wouldn't putit past Disney to have a Monsters, Inc. show in MK AND Epcot.

MiklCraw4d

KevinPage said:
Seats: good

Appearance by BOO: there better be!!!!!!

Oh there will be! I'll BOO the poor theming!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Oh but I kid, I kid the Laugh Floor...

Come on Laugh Floor, you know I still love you...

Is it just me that thinks the proposed name of this attraction, The Laugh Floor Comedy Club" sounds more than a bit awkward?

The Laughing Floor Comedy Club sounds a lot better, IMHO.

Scar Junior

I am just glad to hear that they are doing SOMETHING with this space... the last thing MK (and all of WDW for that matter) needs is another Meet and Greet. That's worse IMHO than vacant lots- because then its like the elephant in the living room situation.

I am also happy to know I won't have to stand. Disney always does something interesting with theater seats (except most the Epcot theaters), so let's wait a few months and see what develops.

I am a little confused/upset about the theming but they have a space, they have an idea and a need for an attraction... they might just be fudging it or they might know what they're doing. Again, let's wait and see.

It's not our place as the avid/over-involved consumers to nitpick over all these rumored and unfinished details. The question lies within us to ask whether or not we trust the empire that we give tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars to, the corporation that we spend countless hours reading and writing about: point being, it's one attraction. Who knows what the future holds?

Peace out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom