A Few More Details About The Laugh Floor

Ivan72

imagineer boy said:
It does, but in very small ways. Some of those on the list, kinda don't count though, because the ride doesn't need them ( like a qeue because its fast loading, ect. )
I love the TTA. And I do remember a time when you had to wait a bit to ride. Of course this was in the early 70's. Then the ambiance of Tomorrowland could be considered the queue theming.

Shaman

What do 400 seats look like? In other words, I'm trying to get a picture in my head as to how this theater will look...how does this compare to other theater attractions at WDW?

wannab@dis

Shaman said:
What do 400 seats look like? In other words, I'm trying to get a picture in my head as to how this theater will look...how does this compare to other theater attractions at WDW?
Muppets is about 600 seats, so maybe that will help.

Denscott

ThreeCircles said:
Is it just me that thinks the proposed name of this attraction, The Laugh Floor Comedy Club" sounds more than a bit awkward?

The Laughing Floor Comedy Club sounds a lot better, IMHO.

At the end of the movie, the room where they walk through the closet doors is re-named the Laugh Floor from the Scare Floor. I agree it sounds awkward but it matches the movie.

There are so many naysayers on this board that it amazes me. Everyone is a critic but could you at least wait until the attraction opens before ripping it? You're all welcome to your own opinions but to label something as crap from A SINGLE PARAGRAPH without seeing any visual references is being a tad premature I think!

Everyone laments the fact that Disney has been cloning it's rides from park to park but when WDW actually gets something original, the first thing some people say is "why can't we get a dark ride like California"! Not every attraction needs to be a "ride", in fact they can't be. The Magic Kingdom needs a large capacity attraction like this to buffer the Fantasyland crowds during peak seasons. If there is room for 400 people in the theater than that's 400 people not standing in line for Peter Pan, Splash Mountain or Space Mountain.

Plus, a show like this is attractive to families of all age groups AND is handicap friendly! If done correctly this could be revolutionary and if most of the FX is digital projections than changing the show script would be relatively easy if they feel that the material is getting old.

I think this could be a very good addition to MK, but then again I could be wrong. I will reserve final judgement until I actually watch the show in approx. 30 months! :(

imagineer boy

Ivan72 said:
I love the TTA. And I do remember a time when you had to wait a bit to ride. Of course this was in the early 70's. Then the ambiance of Tomorrowland could be considered the queue theming.

True. And the Tomorrowland amiance also serves as the pre and post shows.

Scar Junior

Shaman said:

I worked at "It's Tough To Be A Bug" when I was on the WDW College Program in 2003... We seated 400 and some (I forget) inside the Tree of Life Repertory Theater. I believe it was somewhere around 425. Maybe that will help picture the arrangement.

Scar Junior

imagineer boy said:
True. And the Tomorrowland amiance also serves as the pre and post shows.

Apparently the Tomorroland Ambiance serves other purposes as well. Afterall, TTA is said to be the attraction that is most popular for guests ... "getting to know each other."

peter11435

Scar Junior said:
I worked at "It's Tough To Be A Bug" when I was on the WDW College Program in 2003... We seated 400 and some (I forget) inside the Tree of Life Repertory Theater. I believe it was somewhere around 425. Maybe that will help picture the arrangement.

KevinPage

Denscott said:
I will reserve final judgement until I actually watch the show in approx. 30 months! :(

:eek: Thank goodness we don't have to wait 2 1/2 years. We only have to wait about 8-9 months to see it. (early 2007)

:D :D :D

Shaman

Scar Junior said:

Cool. It won't be too big then. 600 would've been too many people for one "interactive" type attraction I think. But 400 isn't so bad...

CaptainMichael

wannab@dis said:
Seems that way... maybe similar to the setup at PhilHarmagic?
I guess people will be clamoring for the front row.

I'm not familiar with Turtle Talk. Is there a CM in the theater picking audience members?

wannab@dis

STR8FAN2005 said:
I guess people will be clamoring for the front row.

I'm not familiar with Turtle Talk. Is there a CM in the theater picking audience members?
The audience participation selection is actually done by Crush. :lol:

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
I just hope that it is Pixar who will write the script and have final say on the new attraction. Disney Imagineering employes some of the WORST scriptwriters I have ever known. The Dialogue in Stitch's Great Escape, Journey into YOUR imagination, Superstar Limo and tiki room UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT has got to be the worst cringe-inducing dialogue with plots that go beyond childish immature stupidity.

In older attractions like Star Tours, the original Imagination, Alien Encounter, etc. Humor was subtle and elegant, the stories were strong, and the dialogue memorable and quotable. I don't know where those writers went but they need to come back to Disney and replace the current staff. Until then I want Pixar and Pete Docter writing the dialogue, coming with the jokes, and everything. Otherwise the attraction is gonna suck.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
I just hope that it is Pixar who will write the script and have final say on the new attraction. Disney Imagineering employes some of the WORST scriptwriters I have ever known. The Dialogue in Stitch's Great Escape, Journey into YOUR imagination, Superstar Limo and tiki room UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT has got to be the worst cringe-inducing dialogue with plots that go beyond childish immature stupidity.

In older attractions like Star Tours, the original Imagination, Alien Encounter, etc. Humor was subtle and elegant, the stories were strong, and the dialogue memorable and quotable. I don't know where those writers went but they need to come back to Disney and replace the current staff. Until then I want Pixar and Pete Docter writing the dialogue, coming with the jokes, and everything. Otherwise the attraction is gonna suck.
:rolleyes:

everything was perfect yesterday and everything done recent sucks... You must be a blast to visit the parks with. But, if it's so bad, why are you here? :veryconfu

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
:rolleyes:

everything was perfect yesterday and everything done recent sucks... You must be a blast to visit the parks with. But, if it's so bad, why are you here? :veryconfu

Did I say everything was perfect yesterday? I also never said everything done recently sucked. Please do not put words in my mouth or I will notify the moderators. Expedition: Everest is a good attraction and Soarin is an excellent attraction and far better than that garbage Food rocks. Both of which are recent.

Thank You for not contributing anything worthwhile to the discussion and trying to start an argument with me. Never do it again.

wannab@dis

Lewis Carroll said:
Did I say everything was perfect yesterday? I also never said everything done recently sucked. Please do not put words in my mouth or I will notify the moderators. Expedition: Everest is a good attraction and Soarin is an excellent attraction and far better than that garbage Food rocks. Both of which are recent.

Thank You for not contributing anything worthwhile to the discussion and trying to start an argument with me. Never do it again.
But why should your opinion of the attractions be taken as the rule or as the reason to "replace the current staff [of writers]"?

Food Rocks was popular with a lot of people and there was close to a mutiny when it was discovered that it was being replaced. Several people feel EE is a lousy attraction that doesn't have enough special effects or show scenes. There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking or not liking any attraction as that is just purely human. We all have different likes and dislikes.

However, saying "hang Nigel's head on my wall" is not contributing anything to the forums in a meaningful manner. Neither is saying "Food Rocks is garbage", or "Dialogue in Stitch's Great Escape, Journey into YOUR imagination, Superstar Limo and tiki room UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT has got to be the worst cringe-inducing dialogue with plots that go beyond childish immature stupidity."

I don't like SGE... others do. I didn't like JII, others did. I didn't care that much for AE... others think it's one of the most creative attractions built in MK. Just because I don't like SGE doesn't give me the right to be self-centered and think it should be removed. Same goes for everyone. WDI has to look at things with macro-vision and not the micro-vision that you appear to want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom