A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

Wow Holly, you look so beautiful in these pictures! I love it! I also love the shots of the dress hanging in the trees. Such a great idea! I enjoyed getting Brett's perspective of the morning too. I got so excited with the shots of him walking up to the location and then again with you on the balcony getting ready to leave!!

Can't wait for the rest.

Melanie

DisGal

Thanks, Alissa. And thanks for sharing Sunset Pointe with us. :D Brett and I now like to refer to it as "our" hill. I think it's interesting to hear that you also felt rushed, even though you weren't late. I wonder why they do that? I know the planners have to make sure everything stays on schedule, but we started the ceremony on time and everything, so I don't think there was any reason to feel rushed.

I don't mind sharing...there is room for all of us. :D Its great how each bride has a different experience at the same loaction - I love hearing about it.

I'm regards to feeling rushed - after thinking back to the day I believe it was a mixture of my nerves, wanting to make sure everything was pefect and unfolding the way I had dreamed it would, and the wedding planner...all of those things culminated into me feeling a bit rushed. It must be normal considering the amount of emotions you experience on your wedding day.

fmingo36

I was glad Brett was off having fun, but I freaked when I thought about the fact that he probably didn’t put on sunscreen. I left him a message that said something along the lines of “I don’t care how ridiculous the price... buy some SUNSCREEN for your face!” What a sweet little note for my groom on the morning of our wedding?! :ROFLOL: The last thing I wanted though was for Brett's face to be toasty and burnt for all our wedding pictures.

You had ever right to be concerned about that! I yelled at my husband for getting a hair cut to close to vacation one time because I didn't want to see his shaved head in all my Disney pictures! And I swear ever time I look at the pictures from that trip, I say something about his hair, of should I say LACK of. :lol:

fmingo36

At some point, my mom gave me a little something special. For those of you who followed along with my pre-trip report, you know that I have a younger sister, Lani, who passed away when she was 12. You also know that to honor her, my mom and I decided to sew angel charms into our dresses. What I didn’t know is that my mom went above and beyond. She took one of Lani’s cloths that she had kept, sewed a piece of lace from her own wedding dress around the edges of it and embroidered it with purple thread to create a handkerchief for me. It was breathtaking... and of course, caused me to cry. And cry. And cry. It wasn’t the “one-pretty-glistening-tear” kind of cry either, so it’s a really good thing my mom had the foresight to give it to me before Laine did my makeup. :lol:

Honestly I needed a whole box of kleenex to get through that paragraph.

Soaringirl

Wow, I don't know where to begin - from the Minnie inspired garter and the Hollybelle hanger (not being a recent bride, I've never seen that before - so cute) to the beautiful handkerchief, charms, ring photos, and O'hana inscriptions it's so generous of you to share all of these wonderful memories with us.

You looked so radiant in your dress it must have taken Brett's breath away. Your amazing descriptions of the day and the Poly make me feel like I'm at Sunset Pointe waiting for you to walk down the path any minute for the ceremony to begin. Anxiously waiting for more and thanks.

Jerm

Holly,

This is coming from a guy....this is an amazing trip report and I can not tell you how much I got sucked into your story! You looked amazing and it sounds like you had the perfect day! I have always been more of a "I want to see rides and fun stuff" TR person, but yours is amazing!

meganw1985

I'm so glad you didn't think I was sayin' that you were ungrateful in any way. I thought about that this morning and was like "why did you write that?!" but then got busy with Brian & Math. LOL! Nah, I don't think you're ungrateful in any way. You obviously are the polar opposite of that just by how you describe everything. If you didn't think it was perfect you wouldn't put it to words that way. Just like I have to flip the switch on my anti-patience you should flip the switch on the rethinking. Don't mess with perfection, woman!

Part of what Tracey & I talked about last night was him asking me, "What was your picture of your wedding day? All girls have that." My response, "I didn't." Honestly. And it disturbed me to think that I didn't. I think it disturbed him, too. I still don't really have that clear picture. But, ya know, after reading your day so far I think it's safe to point at the computer screen and say "That." Your day is just so dreamy and y'all are such the perfect little complimenting pair. I love how small and personal everything is. Yeah, that's definitely my idea of perfect.

So, as a counter-thought challenge: What would be a positive to NOT having those additional candid shots? I'm weird like that. I comfort my negatives by looking for the positives. If there's meaning in everything, good & bad, what could that be? Hhmmm... Maybe not having the candid shots allows your memories to remain uninfluenced. Maybe candid shots by one of the few people there with you would've taken away from the experience for them. Maybe having that few people around and 2 or more cameras at different angles snapping would've made the whole thing feel sorta like being in a fishbowl. I mean, I know I'd be all paranoid that I had a boogy hanging out of my nose or some horrible wardrobe malfunction. Just 1 camera reduces the risk that I'll be caught! :lol:

Maybe by your mom NOT taking her camera, that she was able to relax and enjoy your ceremony in a better way than if she had been constantly worrying about getting EVERYTHING photographed. Taking pictures takes a lot of effort, and watching through the lens of a camera isn't as "real" as the real thing!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Congratulations to you and Brett!

Wonderful trip report and you looked stunning in your wedding dress.

and may I add:

If your biggest regret on your wedding day is leaving a camera behind, you're going to have a magical life together. :)

This totally made me laugh out loud. You are so incredibly correct and I really appreciate your perspective. Thank you for the kind words, too!

Darn you Holly, I'm sitting in my office with tears rolling down my face!!! :ROFLOL: You looked absolutely AMAZING!!! And Brett, you looked pretty darn handsome yourself!!! Now hurry up and post your next update... The suspense is killing me girl!

Oh, no! I didn't mean to do that to you. Happy tears, right? Thank you for being so sweet, Reese.

omg I so get you,I still have things about my wedding that put me off,I hated my dress but my mother worked so hard making it I couldn't tell her,so I wore it anyways n now I am unhappy with the pictures forever,and I know hate is a strong word but trust me I hated my dress.i had gone with her n chosen the fabric n accents n the pattern but what I got looked so different from what we chose.Now on the other hand if I had it to do over your dress would be my number one pic,it's everything I think of when I think of fairtytale.you are absoloutely goegeous !!!! can't wait to read the rest I got butterflies when I read of u getting ready ,and I am dying to read your thoughts on the ceremony n how it all took place.So Happy for u n Brett congrats and I wish you all the best in your future I know it will be fabulous:sohappy:

Oh my... I don't even know where to begin. That seems like an impossibly difficult position to be in, especially after being a part of the selection process for all the materials. Because then the only thing to "criticize" is the work that she did, you can't even lessen the blow with concerns about the fabric or embellishments. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. You know, my biggest concern going into the day was about my hair/makeup because of the situation you were in. If you don't like one of the elements (hair/makeup/dress) then you won't like any of the pictures. And if you don't like any of the pictures, then you won't want to share them with anyone.

Thank you for the compliments on my dress, let's call it "polynesian fairytale!" :D

I'm so glad you didn't think I was sayin' that you were ungrateful in any way. I thought about that this morning and was like "why did you write that?!" but then got busy with Brian & Math. LOL! Nah, I don't think you're ungrateful in any way. You obviously are the polar opposite of that just by how you describe everything. If you didn't think it was perfect you wouldn't put it to words that way. Just like I have to flip the switch on my anti-patience you should flip the switch on the rethinking. Don't mess with perfection, woman!

Part of what Tracey & I talked about last night was him asking me, "What was your picture of your wedding day? All girls have that." My response, "I didn't." Honestly. And it disturbed me to think that I didn't. I think it disturbed him, too. I still don't really have that clear picture. But, ya know, after reading your day so far I think it's safe to point at the computer screen and say "That." Your day is just so dreamy and y'all are such the perfect little complimenting pair. I love how small and personal everything is. Yeah, that's definitely my idea of perfect.

No worries, Kelly, I definitely know you didn't mean it that way at all. It's funny you and Tracey were having that conversation. I've already typed up the rest of the day and in the very next post I talk about how I had never envisioned my wedding day, until Brett. I wasn't that little girl either.

I loved the intimacy of our wedding. Small, yes. But grand in oh so many ways!

So, as a counter-thought challenge: What would be a positive to NOT having those additional candid shots? I'm weird like that. I comfort my negatives by looking for the positives. If there's meaning in everything, good & bad, what could that be? Hhmmm... Maybe not having the candid shots allows your memories to remain uninfluenced. Maybe candid shots by one of the few people there with you would've taken away from the experience for them. Maybe having that few people around and 2 or more cameras at different angles snapping would've made the whole thing feel sorta like being in a fishbowl. I mean, I know I'd be all paranoid that I had a boogy hanging out of my nose or some horrible wardrobe malfunction. Just 1 camera reduces the risk that I'll be caught! :lol:

Hmmm... I'll have to think about this one. I'm making serious progress with acceptance (due in part to the different perspectives and stories people are sharing), but I don't think I'm totally there yet!! :lol:

Good point about the boogies... but, you can always toss those pictures out. That is if the picture taker gives you full control over the shots that were taken.

Wow Holly, you look so beautiful in these pictures! I love it! I also love the shots of the dress hanging in the trees. Such a great idea! I enjoyed getting Brett's perspective of the morning too. I got so excited with the shots of him walking up to the location and then again with you on the balcony getting ready to leave!!

Can't wait for the rest.

Melanie

Thanks so much, Melanie! I put the bug in Jason's ear about a tree shot, but he definitely did all the heavy lifting. It was he who made it come to life out there!

I don't mind sharing...there is room for all of us. :D Its great how each bride has a different experience at the same loaction - I love hearing about it.

I'm regards to feeling rushed - after thinking back to the day I believe it was a mixture of my nerves, wanting to make sure everything was pefect and unfolding the way I had dreamed it would, and the wedding planner...all of those things culminated into me feeling a bit rushed. It must be normal considering the amount of emotions you experience on your wedding day.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Alot of those same things factored in for me as well.

No Kidding!

You had ever right to be concerned about that! I yelled at my husband for getting a hair cut to close to vacation one time because I didn't want to see his shaved head in all my Disney pictures! And I swear ever time I look at the pictures from that trip, I say something about his hair, of should I say LACK of. :lol:

Absolutely! Could you imagine, Brett would've never heard the end of it from me. That would not have been good. I think he may have gotten a little burnt, but it remained dormant until the next day. Good thing! :lol:

My shoulders actually ended up burning... I had sunscreen on my face, but didn't even think about my shoulders like I would if I had been park-going that day.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Wow, I don't know where to begin - from the Minnie inspired garter and the Hollybelle hanger (not being a recent bride, I've never seen that before - so cute) to the beautiful handkerchief, charms, ring photos, and O'hana inscriptions it's so generous of you to share all of these wonderful memories with us.

You looked so radiant in your dress it must have taken Brett's breath away. Your amazing descriptions of the day and the Poly make me feel like I'm at Sunset Pointe waiting for you to walk down the path any minute for the ceremony to begin. Anxiously waiting for more and thanks.

Thanks, Gloria, I really appreciate the kind words. Jason did a great job photographing all our little details. I'm glad the report makes you feel like you're out on the Pointe with us, because I was hoping to lay the groundwork for the day and convey a sense of that through my words. I think it's why I didn't want to post any pictures of us until I had a chance to include the text along with it.

Maybe by your mom NOT taking her camera, that she was able to relax and enjoy your ceremony in a better way than if she had been constantly worrying about getting EVERYTHING photographed. Taking pictures takes a lot of effort, and watching through the lens of a camera isn't as "real" as the real thing!

It's probably good that she wasn't tempted by the camera during the actual ceremony... in fact, I think I remember her saying she was completely in the moment and focused on us. Although, I'm sure she wouldn't have been put out by having it for the moments AFTER the ceremony. You make a very compelling point though!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Somehow missed the multi-quote button on yours.

Holly,

This is coming from a guy....this is an amazing trip report and I can not tell you how much I got sucked into your story! You looked amazing and it sounds like you had the perfect day! I have always been more of a "I want to see rides and fun stuff" TR person, but yours is amazing!

Thank you, Jerm! It really was the perfect day. Don't worry, I'll find some balance and sneak some "rides and fun stuff" into the rest of the report, you know, after we get through with the mushy wedding stuff! :lol:

MKN

Back in Tahiti…

*****A little note here... as everything was happening on the day of the wedding I was happily floating along in a state of bliss. Really and truly it was a dream day for me and it couldn’t have felt more perfect. Like, pinch-me-I-must-be-dreaming perfect. However, after we returned home and I started reflecting on and processing everything (and looking at the pictures), I got upset about a couple of things. I have had trouble balancing this... on the one hand I have a few little regrets (a word I hesitate to use because it has such a strong negative connotation), yet on the other hand I desperately want to hold on to those feelings of perfection I felt throughout our entire wedding celebration. I’m the type of person to take things in and think of how I can make improvements or do it better “next time.” Usually I would consider this as a positive trait, but in some instances, like a wedding, there will never be a next time. So instead, my critical eye is just serving to upset me because there is nothing I can do about it. *****

Hi Holly! I'm a long-time-trip-report-lurker, but I just had to comment! You look absolutely stunning - dress, hair, makeup everything!! In reading this report, I started thinking, "We should have got married at Disney!" It looks so magical & Sunset POinte is a gorgeous location.

I can completely relate to having regrets afterwards... I'm also a perfectionist, and although I had the best time EVER at my wedding, I still look back, 10 years later & wonder why I did things the way I did. I would totally make changes if I had to do it all over. I don't think those feelings will ever completely go away, but you'll make your peace with it and it'll only come up again on anniversaries when you dig out the albums & video :). We didn't even look at ours this year -- isn't that awful!! We were just excited to have our anniversary dinner without the kids coming!

You & Brett make a great looking couple!! Congrats on the wedding :)

Oh, and I almost forgot... I love how you refer to your dress in the 3rd person :ROFLOL:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Wow, just wow. I should have left this until tonight when I'd have more time, but couldn't resist. So most of my comments will be "quickies", and I'm sure I'll forget something.

You made a breathtaking bride. The dress was just absolutely perfect, as were the hair and makeup.

Loved the photos in the trees, what a great idea to reflect your love of the Poly. All those pre-photos that Jason took were marvelous; the resort details, the rings!

You wonder if guys appreciate how easy they have it on the big day. Still, how fun for Brett to have that wedding-morning adventure with his brother and his dad. He cleans up nice, too. ;)

Everyone probably has a couple of regrets from their wedding day. I've got two that I can remember--at the time, my brother was an active-duty enlisted Marine stationed in 29 Palms, California. The Marine Corps, being famous for their toughmindedness, would not confirm that he would be able to take leave to attend the wedding until a few days before the wedding, so we couldn't put him in the wedding party, but that's not what I regret. What I am sorry about is that we didn't go ahead and rent him a tuxedo anyway; if he didn't get leave it would have just been a waste of money, but so what (I can say that now). Needless to say, he did get leave, and he did not want to wear his uniform, so he looked like just another guest, and I do regret that. It turned into a funny story, though, because the band made the guys and gals each do a Rockette-style line kick, and when it was the guys' turn, I heard the bandleader say, "there's always one in every crowd--the guy wearing white sweatsocks with dress pants", and I did not even have to look to know that "that guy" was my brother!! :lol: The other one is that I included absolutely nothing of my Irish heritage in the ceremony or the reception. My husband is not Irish, and so I felt funny about it, but later that year, my maid-of-honor got married, and she had a bagpiper and there was quite a bit of Irish stepdancing, and I was really sorry I'd had none of that, especially after my husband made his first trip to Ireland and loved everything about it, instantly.

Megan is so right--that's exactly what I thought when I read Kelly's challenge to you; Mom not having a camera may have caused you to lose out on some nice photos, but it gave Mom the opportunity to relax and really be "in the moment" and enjoy her daughter's very special wedding day, particularly after all the ways she contributed to it being so very, very wonderful.

I've got a LOT of years of perspective, so take it from me: the sting of each of your small regrets will fade to nothing over time, and it even sounds like some of them are fading already!
(and I do totally, totally get that you recognize how small they are, but right now, they do still sting, and that's okay, but don't let them linger ;))

Dianarella

IMG_2009.jpg

Okay, remember that word regret that I used earlier. Well this is my one, and really only, regret from the day. For some reason, I told my mom to leave her camera behind. Seriously, this coming from a person who documents EVERY little detail through photographs, and I have no clue what I was thinking. The best I can come up with is that I knew she likely wouldn’t be taking any pictures during the ceremony; therefore, I didn’t think she would need it. I really wasn’t thinking, like, at all. Of course she would have been snapping all kinds of pictures throughout the afternoon, like during the cake cutting, first dance, father/daughter dance, etc. Jason got some really great shots, but they lacked a little in variety. After all, there was only one of him and things moved pretty quickly. And I know for a fact if my mom had had her camera she would have taken pictures from another perspective, an added dimension, if you will. She knows me, and she knows the little things I would have wanted photographed. Thinking about this now makes me physically sick. In fact, in the interest of full disclosure, when we got back from our honeymoon I cried and cried over this. Sounds dramatic as all get out, but I was incredibly upset about it. It’s not something we can fix next time. In fact, I’m still not really over it and it’s killing me because I can’t go back and change it. It’s one of those “I could kick myself for being so dumb” moments. I feel certain that if we hadn’t been running out the door, we probably would’ve discussed it and realized how absurd my suggestion was, but we were feeling rushed. And I’m not sure why because we weren’t actually running late. I debated whether or not to even include this in the trip report because these thoughts weren’t at all a reflection of how I felt that day, but they’ve consumed me since we returned home so it feels disingenuous not to mention it.

Please disregard the fact that I just ended this post on a bit of a downer... I didn't mean to!

I'll be back tomorrow, my friends, with the ceremony!!!

Holly, I certainly understand your feelings on this, but I believe that most of us wish we could do something better or different when we look back in hindsight. Oh if we only knew then, what we know now. :animwink:

I felt this way after my wedding too. I had planned it for 2 years, and let's face it, it's fun. The shopping, the parties, the cake tastings, the presents and the attention become the norm, and it can be quite the let down when all the fanfare is over.

Then I looked at our pictures and just knew it could have been better. I loved our photographer, and at the time everyone mentioned how wonderful he was and what get shots he got. And all of that was true, but I knew that some shots were missing and couldn't go back.

My mistake was in vetoing the disposable cameras on each table. I thought it would be tacky. Boy was I wrong.

A few weeks after my wedding, we attended a friends wedding complete with cameras on the tables. Let me tell you that we had so much fun taking all kinds of different pictures that I'm sure the photographer would have never been able to get.
When she showed me the pictures from that day, I could have cried. The photo's told a story that just my professional pictures couldn't. Some shots were funny, some creative and some really amazing. Since so many different people were involved, their own personal style was present in each picture.

I was kicking myself and was feeling so depressed that I missed out on all of that and as you said, you can't just go back and fix it.

But I finally realized that my photographs told a story too. Our story. Our day. Our celebration. Whatever we may have missed doesn't matter, as we'll always have our memories of that day.

You did a lovely job with your wedding. All the details and hard work show.

Your hair and dress are just perfect, and you looked wonderful.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to document your special day for all of us.

Now I'm looking forward to the best part, the I Do's.

silver1113

Back in Tahiti…

Jason caught Laine finishing up my makeup.

03HPBHW-037.jpg

I love these two pictures my mom took... I absolutely adored Laine. She was quite honestly my very own Fairy Godmother:

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

I was so happy that she managed to doll me up without making me look like someone else. I loved the makeup and was really happy with how she made my eyes pop (it’s too bad I was squinting in ALL the pictures for the rest of the day - something I thought might happen considering I opted for an outdoor ceremony in mid-afternoon). Laine put together a couple lipstick and powder samples for me to use as touch ups, wished me the wedding of my dreams, and floated away just as one would expect a Fairy Godmother to do.

And then it was time to get dressed. Actually, it was kind of past time. Hair/makeup definitely took longer than I had anticipated it would. We weren’t really running late by any means, we just weren’t going to have enough extra time for some pictures of me with my parents before the ceremony, which was upsetting to me. Well, to be honest, at the time it was barely a fleeting thought, but looking back on it I hate that we didn’t get a chance to take these pictures.

*****A little note here... as everything was happening on the day of the wedding I was happily floating along in a state of bliss. Really and truly it was a dream day for me and it couldn’t have felt more perfect. Like, pinch-me-I-must-be-dreaming perfect. However, after we returned home and I started reflecting on and processing everything (and looking at the pictures), I got upset about a couple of things. I have had trouble balancing this... on the one hand I have a few little regrets (a word I hesitate to use because it has such a strong negative connotation), yet on the other hand I desperately want to hold on to those feelings of perfection I felt throughout our entire wedding celebration. I’m the type of person to take things in and think of how I can make improvements or do it better “next time.” Usually I would consider this as a positive trait, but in some instances, like a wedding, there will never be a next time. So instead, my critical eye is just serving to upset me because there is nothing I can do about it.

I know this has a lot to do with my struggle to write the report and the fact that it has taking nothing short of an eon to get it posted. :rolleyes: The way I document our wedding will inevitably be the way I remember it. I know this to be true because it has proven to be the case time and again with all my past trip reports. So if I mention anything upsetting me, it’s something that I thought about and got upset over after the fact, and not on the day of the wedding. The day of the wedding was magical to me. I hope that doesn’t seem too confusing. Does this make sense to anyone else out there? Did any of you have a similar experience with your own weddings? I know I’m a bit more high-strung than the average person, but I can’t be completely alone in this.*****

You are definately not alone. While I can't really remember being nervous on my wedding day (5/7/83), I do look back now and think of things I wish I would have done differently. This has been the best TR I have read. It is all so wonderful!!

silver1113

Time to lace me up!

03HPBHW-090_edit.jpg

Initially during the dress stress process I wasn’t the biggest fan of corset backs, especially when they were really wide. I preferred the romantic look of buttons. That being said, the corset totally rocks, mostly because you can feel certain it’ll fit the day of the wedding. Whether you gain five pounds or lose five pounds the dress is still going to fit like you want it to. There’s some freedom in knowing this because I’m betting lots of brides gain/lose a couple of pounds due to stress; I know I did. Despite all the wonderful qualities of a corset, they take an insanely long time to get on (and off). Good luck with that later, Brett. :ROFLOL:

03HPBHW-091.jpg

03HPBHW-098.jpg

I kept telling my mom to make it tighter and tighter… something I’m wishing I hadn’t done because we ended up getting it a little too tight at the top. Ugghh, this is one of those things I realized after the fact. We were just in a hurry at that point. Again, we weren’t running late for the actual wedding, but we didn’t have any extra time to really assess the look and fix it. In fact, I don’t think I looked in the mirror even once after Laine finished up with me. A note to upcoming brides… figure out how much time you THINK you need to get ready and then add an hour.

03HPBHW-105_edit.jpg

My dad arrived, looking rather handsome I might add, as my mom was working on the corset. He made a sweet comment about my being beautiful and I think that’s when it hit me that I was actually getting married. Funny how the big white dress and long flowing veil didn't invoke that reaction on their own. :lookaroun

03HPBHW-100_edit.jpg

You are absolutly Beautiful!! Father's can do that to you. Make you sentimental.

DisneyGigi

Okay, so I too, am now a thread stalker! :lol: I have been watching and checking to see if you have posted. Congratulations to both of you! The pre-trip report was wonderful. I can't believe how beautiful the things that you made for the wedding were. You really did a great job. And the dress... WOW! Absolutely beautiful and you looked beautiful in it. Can't wait to see the rest of the report!

DisneyRed95

Holly! I'm so happy you started your trip report! Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I have a good excuse though, I was in the "world" last week and just got back yesterday. I'm having Disney depression that I'm not sitting on my balcony at Wilderness Lodge right now, so I'm so happy I came back to your trip report! :sohappy: It's helping me cope. :animwink:

I love everything so far! Your dress was perfect and you looked so beautiful! I love your hair and make up too. Your Fairy Godmother did a fabulous job!

I have some "regrets" about my wedding day too, so I completely understand how you feel. It's hard not to focus on them after the event. But from what you've written so far, your day sounds perfect! Can't wait for the ceremony details and pictures!!!

Congrats!!!

joanna71985

Holly, just wanted to say I love the pictures! Your dress is beautiful, and I love that the rings have Ohana in them.

Also, thanks to your pictures, I want to give the Luau a try. It looks amazing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom