A David is 'Going to Disney World!'

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Original Poster
From the Associated Press:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hBuYr5THmwYOsYJUCBUiM6-0k1NAD90QANJ00

LOS ANGELES (AP) — David Archuleta and David Cook are no professional athletes, but one of them will be celebrating like one on tonight's "American Idol" finale.

The next "Idol" champ will shout "I'm going to Disney World!" during the celebration immediately following the announcement — a rare off-field exception for those famous promotional words, which have almost always been uttered by sports figures, Disney said Wednesday. Since 1987, Super Bowl, World Series and NBA Finals champs have made the pronouncement as the crowd cheers and confetti flies.

The "Idol" tie-in relates to the new "American Idol" attraction opening at Walt Disney World in Florida in January 2009.

The live performance attraction, based on "American Idol" at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, allow guests to audition and perform before a live studio audience inside the Hollywood Studios' theater space. Disney licensed the rights to create the attraction from "Idol" co-producers 19 Entertainment and FremantleMedia, despite the fact "American Idol" airs on Fox and Disney owns broadcast competitor ABC.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I was hoping it would be Larry David taping his show Curb Your Enthusiasm there...I could only imagine what he would get into taking The Blacks with him.

CubsRock

For those of you on the west coast i will not ruin the results, but I personally didn't hear David shout those words, maybe i missed it.

jrh1985

If there's ANY justice in the world, those amazing words will be uttered by David Cook.:D
Good News and Bad News

Good: Those words will be uttered by.... COOK!!!!!

Bad: I have no clue when he will say those words. He didn't say it on idol tonight. Ryan didn't ask him either. Was he supposed to? Or are they just going to do the standerd commerical?

I did not see him say it either. Maybe now going straight to Burbank to get a commercial shot!

The show, this year took a lot of flack from the critics, maybe rightly so to a certain extent, but I think it came out good.

Best Part, the guy that sang "You are my Brother" with the USC marching band. Lets hope they spare Disney from him tough.

scpergj

If there's ANY justice in the world, those amazing words will be uttered by David Cook.:D

Agreed - and yes, there is justice!

He HAD to win after the debacle when Chris Daughtry (another rocker) was voted out two years ago. Daughtry, a non-winner of AI, has outsold the top two from each of the last two years, COMBINED!

I think it'd be cool to see David Cook on the DHS AI stage - I'd pay to see that!

morgan22

David Cook all the way ..... Archuleta was just so insipid... yeah the guy could sing but where was the flare, the personality ... rock is the way forward ... just look at Daughtry.

Disney_Belle

Found this link on AmericanIdol.com

http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/?pid=1331

May 21, 2008 - Posted by Miles
To celebrate the "The American Idol Experience" attraction, coming January 2009 to Walt Disney World(R) Resort in Florida, David Cook shouted the famous words "I’m Going to Disney World!" Wednesday night, May 21, after being crowned the newest "American Idol" in the show’s star-studded season finale in Los Angeles. Camera crews captured Cook’s pronouncement on the Nokia Theatre stage just moments after his name was announced to the millions watching worldwide.

Later that night, Cook was featured in the newest "I’m Going to Disney World!" commercial that aired only hours after the finale. Starring in a role usually occupied by sports stars – Cook’s is the first singer to ever star in the Disney commercial.

Cook's role in the "I’m Going to Disney World" ad is all in celebration of the new "American Idol" attraction that will open at Disney's Hollywood Studios(TM) at Walt Disney World(R) Resort in Florida in January 2009. Currently under construction, it’s the first attraction anywhere in the world based on the popular television series. When complete, the interactive show will bring the "American Idol" experience to life.

Click here to visit disneyworld.com/idol to check out Disney's new commercial and to learn more about The American Idol Experience.

I don't recall seeing him saying this, I just remember him being very choked up and not saying anything :shrug:

Either way, I am just happy he won, for this first time the person I have wanted to win from the beginning has won :) He deserved it. David A will go on to great things too, but David Cook, has it all :)

colleen2997

That commercial is great, I hope it starts airing. I watched last night but they didn't show him saying that. I would definitely have remembered that!
I have been wanting Cook to win since the very beginning!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom