A Bad day at work (yes this is WDW related)

Laura

Premium Member
Well I'm only 23 years old and I'm planning to save $4,000 in the next 7 months for Disney. I'm reluctant to tell anyone other than hardcore Disney fans how much the trip is going to cost because I'll get the same sort of comments. But the bottom line is, it's my money, I can spend it how I want to!

I could use the money to buy new clothes, put it towards a new vehicle, buy some new furniture, or do whatever I want with it, but 10 years from now am I going to be glad that I had a new outfit a decade ago? No, but I will always have those wonderful memories and photos that I'll be able to hang onto for the rest of my life.

On top of that, I think one of the most important things in life is to spend some happy, quality time with your family without any interruptions from the outside world. What better way to do that than a vacation at WDW?

People might think vacations are frivilous, but I think they are NECESSARY, especially for busy families in this day and age!

Lauriebar

I don't really care whether people understand or approve of our yearly Disney vacations. Last time I checked, my husband and I earn the money we spend and can use it however we see fit. I don't feel the need to justify the way we feel about WDW. Let me say though that very rarely does anyone react negitavely. Actually, I get several calls a year from friends and family asking my advice for a WDW trip. I think the fun we have on our trips shows on our faces when we return and people can see that!!

On top of that, I think one of the most important things in life is to spend some happy, quality time with your family without any interruptions from the outside world. What better way to do that than a vacation at WDW?

People might think vacations are frivilous, but I think they are NECESSARY, especially for busy families in this day and age![/QUOTE]

well said :sohappy:

LouDisney

Lauriebar said:
I don't really care whether people understand or approve of our yearly Disney vacations. Last time I checked, my husband and I earn the money we spend and can use it however we see fit. I don't feel the need to justify the way we feel about WDW. Let me say though that very rarely does anyone react negitavely. Actually, I get several calls a year from friends and family asking my advice for a WDW trip. I think the fun we have on our trips shows on our faces when we return and people can see that!!

I totally agree with you. I am not married but either way married, single, young, old, whatever, its our choice and it should not bother anyone.
I get calls all the time from friends and first time goers wanting advice and help. I am always happy to help. :)

JepMasta

Original Poster
Hey guys, thanks

Hey, thaks for making me feel better about myself for liking WDW. It means a lot. Hey Lisa, When in August are you going? I'm going the Second Week

B~

maxime29

Premium Member
Well, A LARGE number of people choose to get married at a Disney park, and couples as old as 60-70 have been known to go to the resort for their wedding anniversary. I guess you can call all of them crazy too?

It's all about tastes and preferences. Some people can see Disney as a getaway while others find something else.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Find out where she lives, then shave her cat.

That way you get revenge out on her little Miss Butterclaws, and she's sad cause her cat looks ugly shaved. :D

PhotoDave219

What are you crazy? Thats not fair to just arbitrarily shave someone's .... cat. :D (Oh Wait, this is still a Disney Forum) Nevermind folks.

Fantasmic!329

I would have told her, "It's not your business, I don't care what you say. I love Disney World and if you don't agree, tough tookie-wookies, I am allowed to have my own opinion and you have no say in my interests."

So there pushy lady.

Vernonpush

I would have asked:
Have you ever experiencd what an astronaut feels during an excursion into outer space?
Have you ever seen animals from around the world except through cages?
Have you ever seen one of the largest aquariums on earth?
Have you ever eaten in a Moroccan restaurant?
Have you ever seen the wonders of China?
Have you ever visited 11 countries in one day?
Do you have ANY imagination?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i would have told her, "move along now, move along now, there is a sale at the GAP or something isnt there!"

JepMasta- no problem helping you feel better. im sure the favor will be returned one day. :D

LouDisney, didnt notice you were from bham. hello....... had any milos tea lately? :sohappy:

MKT- if you werent crazy, everybody would think you were weird. :p

Tigggrl

Put more Disney stuff on your desk, and wear Disney ties;)
Smile and hum Disney songs around her, and read a disney book of your choice on break...LOL!

SpenceMan01

Fantasmic!329 said:
...I love Disney World and if you don't agree, tough tookie-wookies...

LOL :lol: Never heard that one before!!

mkt said:
Find out where she lives, then shave her cat.

That way you get revenge out on her little Miss Butterclaws, and she's sad cause her cat looks ugly shaved. :D

Then tell her she can rename it Mr. Bigglesworth :drevil:

wannabeBelle

Erika said:
She just sounds sad to me.

Be glad you don't live in her world. :)
Yeah What Erika Said!!!!! I agree though there is no changing people like that. She doesnt understand how something so simple ( Deceptively so I think but that is another conversation) can make a person so happy!!! We understand though!!! Belle

beauty_Belle27

Laura22 said:
Well I'm only 23 years old and I'm planning to save $4,000 in the next 7 months for Disney. I'm reluctant to tell anyone other than hardcore Disney fans how much the trip is going to cost because I'll get the same sort of comments. But the bottom line is, it's my money, I can spend it how I want to!

I could use the money to buy new clothes, put it towards a new vehicle, buy some new furniture, or do whatever I want with it, but 10 years from now am I going to be glad that I had a new outfit a decade ago? No, but I will always have those wonderful memories and photos that I'll be able to hang onto for the rest of my life.

People might think vacations are frivilous, but I think they are NECESSARY, especially for busy families in this day and age!
I know what you mean!everyone is like,omg,its not worth that much money to go to a stupid theme park.and I'm like,excuse me!disneyworld is not JUST a theme park,its an experience.I'm definately obsessed.

tecowdw

As many of you can understand, I get comments about the amount of money I spend towards and how often I go to WDW. "Same place again?? How much?? It's way too expensive!" I've heard them all, although none mean like what got got this thread started thankfully.

Living 1500 miles away, I'm lucky enough to be able to save enough (taxes are the only thing that cost me more in a year) to stay at a Disney resort numerous times each year. Sometimes back to back months even. It's gotten to the point where I don't even tell coworkers or friends that I'm planning to go again. It's just the same old comments and they will NEVER understand us Disney folk! No matter how hard they dream!

So, until the day before I leave, I say nothing about it. In fact, I kind of don't care for when my boss blurps out that I won't be there -- the cats out of the bag then. Then they just get a "I'm taking some time off" or "I'll be away next week". Of course, they all know! :animwink:

For me, Disney is an escape from the drudgery of everyday life and that is what is important to me! No one else has to approve of or accept my choices so "poo poo" to all of them that just don't get it. So many people around me think Disney World is just kiddie stuff and lines. It's really sad!! They don't have the pleasure of feeling the magic!

As for us, it's WONDERFUL to feel so good knowing we all have WDW in common. Even if we all can't get there very often, everyone one of us can feel the emotions of each other as we discuss our beloved WDW!
Thank you! :sohappy:

Wait...maybe WDW is real life and everyday life is just my dillusional state of mind?!?!?! :drevil:
Are any of you real? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom