A Bad day at work (yes this is WDW related)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Gucci65 said:
Ole ugly probably owes more money to credit cards companies than she makes in a year and is so jealous of your ability to save money and vacation and the destination of YOUR chosing that she cannot stand it.

I agree w/ Spenceman - send her a postcard from WDW and write on it "Not thinking of you so BITE ME you future welfare recipient " :kiss:

Sorry - I woke up mean this morning. :lol:
yep! and she probably carries a louis vuitton. the small purses are $200 i think.

next time, just hand her your cell phone and say, "hey pot, kettle is one line one for you"

arcsbite

what a Disney-phobe!!

You could argue with her, but at the end of the day, it's not worth it, just know that WDW is worth your time and effort, and some people, who have not been touched by the magic are in need of your pity, I mean, they have no WDW in thier lives!

or just tell her you have to use the $1600 on a trip to WDW, as you were saving it for her "sense of fun extraction surgery" but it seems that has already happened!

DCL

Maybe she's just jealous! You should invite her to go with you! :lol:

But, this same thing happens to me all the time, with good friends of mine. I've grown sick and tired of arguing with them, so I simply tell them that it's something they'll never be able to understand. Other than that, there's nothing you can do.... of course... I was getting upset listening to your story.... and there are always exceptions to the rule... I'd have probably gone off on her if I was in that position. :fork: :fork:

NADisney

I'm 31 (will 32 march 5th 2005 ) I work in a grocery store as a cashier and supervisor,all the store employees and reguler customers know that I go to WDW 4 to 5 times a year . I wear a diffrent Disney pin to work to share the Magic of disney.I get alot of questions on what to do ,where to stay and when the best times to go.I 'm constintly asked whens my next trip by everyone,it makes me feel good .

P.S. It's nice to go someplace where your company store has no stores or billboards and commercials everywhere.lol. :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

What a bitter person! Who is she to tell you how to spend your own money! It's not like you took it from her expensive purse!

She's just jealous that she doesn't love Disney as much as you do. People like that are just plain sad.

Thanks for buying your tickets at the Disney Store!

TheDisneyGirl02

Ringo8n24

KilleriMac17 said:
next time you see her(after reading this message) throw hot coffee in her eyes.

:king:

Wow, people do not need to make a Disney fan mad. :) That is sadistically funny if you picture it as a comedy skit. :lol: :lol:

kengels

Maybe she has never been to Disney to exprience the magic or maybe she is one of those anti-pixie dust people? I wouldn't sweat the small and ignorant things we call our co-workers, their stupid creatures, and stupid creatures need love too.

I wouldn't give it a second thought, enjoy yourself, immerse yourself in the magic, and come back recharged and post pictures!!!

KilleriMac17 said:

Nice Fast Times at Ridgemont High reference, either intentional or unintentional...

"You don't want to look like a bunch of tourists..."
-Cranium Command

CoffeeJedi

her: why are you going to a kiddy park!?!?!
you: when was the last time you were there?
her: oh god, like, when i was a little kid!
you: ooooooh, so you've never ACTUALLY been there as an adult?
her: *scoff* no! why would-
you: (its best to get very condescending here) so what you're saying is that you really have no idea what Disney World is like for adults, (DONT let her interrupt at this point, start getting louder) no clue as to the food and entertainment options, don't know about any of the over 21 dance clubs, and are basically just talking out your @$$?
her: uh uh... sputter...sputter..........
you: hm... i see.... (turn back to your desk) look, i'm really busy now, do you... need anything?

Some people just do not realize there is a lot to do for children and adults. I bet you a night in Epcot or downtown Disney would change her mind. Some just dont get it so why let them into our world. When you see her just remember the lyrics "She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead".

Gail Hayden

JepMasta said:
Hey guys, I had a bad day at my job today

I went to our local Disney Store and got my WDW tickets today. I grabbed a WDW brochure and was showing eveyone what I got. Well during my lunch, this girl from work (whose name I shant mention) Came to me and asked about how much I was saving up for my trip and basically being a pest. I said $1,600 and she informed me of many better uses for my money and then asked my age (22) and basically scoffed and said "haven't you gotten a wee bit old for attending a kiddy park?" and laughed and said "you DO know that Mickey and Minnie are just guys in costumes, RIGHT?" and basically walked off laughing. (she's like this to everyone, so it's not just me)

Now, I am not a conbatative person, but I was more than ready to give her a peice of my mind, but I decided not to waste my energy. I am wondering though, has this ever happened to you, and what would you have done in my shoes?

thanks for letting me vent

Brian~

Just tell her that you respect her opinion, don't agree with it and until she starts paying your bills you would appreciate her keeping her opinion to herself.

SpenceMan01

I really want to go to WDW on my honeymoon (guess I gotta get engaged first :p ). MY GF and I have talked about it, and the only way I'd ever get close to WDW on my honeymoon is through a Disney Cruise. Neither of us have ever been on a cruise, but if I'm gonna go, it's gonna be a Disney Cruise. Anyway, what I am really trying to say is that I'd like to go to WDW with my GF and w/o my parents. When we went in Jan, it was my GF first time, so we felt pressured to see and do as much as possible (we blew through WS at Epcot). I'd like to go down there just the 2 of us and spend some quality relaxing time, just the 2 of us, and take in all the peacefulness and the little things, you know?

Gail Hayden

KilleriMac17 said:

That would land him in jail and he would miss his trip. Violence because of a difference in opinion is absurd.

Gail Hayden said:
That would land him in jail and he would miss his trip. Violence because of a difference in opinion is absurd.
I think it was a joke.

On the original post - I'm surprised - I think ten years ago there was ignorance about the "adult" things to do at Disney, but I sure don't notice it as much any more. I guess some people still don't realize it's a full-fledged resort, and not just Fantasyland.

Ringo8n24

DisneyJill said:
My boss always says, "There ARE other places to go on vacation, you know." Smile & nod. That's my motto. :)

And you know people like that do not understand that WDW can offer a little bit of everything that you could be interested in doing. That is what makes it so great. Eating, drinking, thrill rides/kiddie rides, horseback riding, boating, scuba diving, swimming, auto racing, and not to mention the uniqueness of visiting all those different "countries" at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom