News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Do we have instances of elevator lifts for entire trains? I guess the drop tracks on Hagrid’s are similar in principle.

I hope this novel element isn’t a source of significant downtime. This should have some impressive AAs that will have reliability issues of their own. Can’t run the ride if the Mike Wazowski that interacts with your train has gone limp. I suspect this concern will cause some characters to just appear on screens placed in doors.

ToTBellHop

Is there a system that allows each individual car to lift and the join together as a train?
There have been proposals for coaster trains that temporarily separate their cars but I don’t think they’ll do that on a suspended coaster using lifts. RotR reveals the perils of stringing together too many ride systems, even if the result can be really cool.

AidenRodriguez731

Do we have instances of elevator lifts for entire trains? I guess the drop tracks on Hagrid’s are similar in principle.

I hope this novel element isn’t a source of significant downtime. This should have some impressive AAs that will have reliability issues of their own. Can’t run the ride if the Mike Wazowski that interacts with your train has gone limp. I suspect this concern will cause some characters to just appear on screens placed in doors.
Not really the same but for elevators you have Cobras Curse in Busch Gardens Tampa which takes 2 cars up at the time which is that rides “train”. And for drop tracks you have hagrid or verbolten in BGW that would share that system.

ToTBellHop

Not really the same but for elevators you have Cobras Curse in Busch Gardens Tampa which takes 2 cars up at the time which is that rides “train”. And for drop tracks you have hagrid or verbolten in BGW that would share that system.
Probably no reason they can’t elevate with a track that can drop. It’ll look a little strange looking to your side and seeing another track falling as you rise, however. Can’t avoid that in a big room, though.

Tha Realest

It’s a good thing there are no recent examples of that which would be cause for concern.

sedati

I imagine as we're lifted a door or doors will be lifted alongside us. As in the concept art there should be other tracks in the building with doors/characters flying past us which should give a greater sense of speed in a ride that I expect will be fairly tame. Mirrors in the main building may also be used to create a more infinite effect of endless doors. lots of potential to make this a very unique story-coaster.

Surferboy567

I imagine as we're lifted a door or doors will be lifted alongside us. As in the concept art there should be other tracks in the building with doors/characters flying past us which should give a greater sense of speed in a ride that I expect will be fairly tame. Mirrors in the main building may also be used to create a more infinite effect of endless doors. lots of potential to make this a very unique story-coaster.
In the movies the door vault is a huge warehouse, a ton of doors with a large skylight roof. So I imagine the lights would be on for this coaster? Or would they darken it to pull off effects like you listed above.

sedati

In the movies the door vault is a huge warehouse, a ton of doors with a large skylight roof. So I imagine the lights would be on for this coaster? Or would they darken it to pull off effects like you listed above.
I'm not claiming any knowledge, just mentioning potential. Having shafts of bright daylight from above would be striking if they could pull off such lighting and allow for dark recesses in areas. If not, the skylights could still stay and the ride just takes place at night if needed with stars and moon above. Again, lots of potential.

lazyboy97o

It’s a pivot instead of a lift, but Vekoma’s tilt coasters move an entire train on a piece of track. The technology to lock the train and move the track was then applied to the Nondescript Coaster Themed Like India or Whatever.

Surferboy567

I'm not claiming any knowledge, just mentioning potential. Having shafts of bright daylight from above would be striking if they could pull off such lighting and allow for dark recesses in areas. If not, the skylights could still stay and the ride just takes place at night if needed with stars and moon above. Again, lots of potential.
The more I think about it, the more excited I get for this attraction. This can truly be a world class attraction if they don't take the easy option.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
What if, one day, DHS had more than 10 rides?
Untitled.png

The more I think about it, the more excited I get for this attraction. This can truly be a world class attraction if they don't take the easy option.
This is how to be disappointed, imagining all sorts of fantastical things that would be neat but unlikely to actually be done, then being upset they produce a good ride because it doesn't have all the imaginings and machinations dreamt up on a forum.

I suggest waiting to see what Disney say they're going to make and then taking it at face value. It's fun to theorise what it could be, but getting excited because of those ideas is destined for disappointment.

Quietmouse

This is how to be disappointed, imagining all sorts of fantastical things that would be neat but unlikely to actually be done, then being upset they produce a good ride because it doesn't have all the imaginings and machinations dreamt up on a forum.

I suggest waiting to see what Disney say they're going to make and then taking it at face value. It's fun to theorise what it could be, but getting excited because of those ideas is destined for disappointment.
This attraction is very hard to mess up. Literally go by the film as basis of the coaster and add some audio animatronics of sully and boo and Mike and it will be successful.

I guess the only way they can screw this up if it’s a tron situation and is just too short of a ride.

Mr. Sullivan

Me personally, I don't think they're going to be using actual skylights and real light for this in any way. If that is important to the experience (I don't know that it will be, but it is design wise to the location they're depicting), that'd be a very uncontrollable and unpredictable way of doing it.

If they're wanting it to look like it does in the film, I think they'd be better off using simulated lighting or something they could control and keep consistent.

Surferboy567

I understand this, but I still believe we should be excited for it. I’m well aware of the value engineering that may take place here. Just hoping it doesn’t because it’s such a slam dunk idea in my opinion.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
What's the expectation here? A high thrills coaster without inversions with a sprinkling of set pieces and an AA or two? Or a slower, meandering "story coaster" doubling as a dark ride? Somewhere in between? Just curious. Being Disney's first foray in "Suspended" all bets are off!

I'll be shocked if this pulls speeds over 35mph.

AidenRodriguez731

What's the expectation here? A high thrills coaster without inversions with a sprinkling of set pieces and an AA or two? Or a slower, meandering "story coaster" doubling as a dark ride? Somewhere in between? Just curious. Being Disney's first foray in "Suspended" all bets are off!

I'll be shocked if this pulls speeds over 35mph.
Based on the audience, I don’t think they would go too crazy with it. Maybe something like gringotts with coaster elements and a lot of slower story elements. It is possible they just go all out though on a more thrill coaster (minus inversions) but I kinda doubt it because of the IP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom