New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Happyday

What happens say in my case where im a single dad with a minor daughter? Im sure i am far from alone here. Or parents who split up to go on different rides…
That would not effect the return line as much as a whole group like they were talking about. So a max of two 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔just trying to be hopeful. It is getting more difficult as this continues 🤪

Splash4eva

That would not effect the return line as much as a whole group like they were talking about. So a max of two 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔just trying to be hopeful. It is getting more difficult as this continues 🤪
Thankfully i was able to get in before this changes and will have to deal with this for say 18 months… where im sure it will look completely different lol

Fido Chuckwagon

If it involves the lightning lanes then it doesn't solve the issue these changes were purportedly to address - lessening the # of people in lightning lanes.
Sure it does. You think everyone who previously qualified for DAS is going to need to use the return to line feature every single time they ride an attraction?

Splash4eva

Sure it does. You think everyone who previously qualified for DAS is going to need to use the return to line feature every single time they ride an attraction?
I agree in theory they will not and thats what Disney is hoping for BUT once the cat is out of bag on how returns work people are gonna simply say they need to use the bathroom and not wait on line and re enter however Disney decides. My guess people in larger parties cant abuse this but again we dont know exactly how its gonna work.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I can't see this being abused, no matter what the system permits or doesn't permit. It seems like a bit more trouble than for what it's worth unless you really do need to use it.

Splash4eva

I can't see this being abused, no matter what the system permits or doesn't permit. It seems like a bit more trouble than for what it's worth unless you really do need to use it.
This is where ill disagree…. We dont know how this will work but you have to hope that if one leaves the line for whatever reason the time they are gone does not work against them… so with that being said. Why wouldnt someone join line say they have to leave go do things that are short and come back close to the wait time? In theory the same way DAS was used… now with that being said anyone with multiple people in parties my guess is will have to keep people on the regular line but there will be plenty of cases where parents cant do that…

Angel Ariel

Return to line wasn't the only alternative possible accommodation. Rider switch was listed as a possible alternative accommodation also (for disability separate from use for those not tall enough), which also uses lightning lane. And that is likely to be used for many attractions for an individual person who has that accommodation each day.

Comped

My example of a guest who may be dealing with this kind of uncertainty, is someone with temperature regulation issues. Not developmental, so still unclear if they will be given DAS. Can’t be solved with wheelchair + standby. So leaving it up to attractions who may have different outcomes depending on if the queue is inside with good A/C or outside.
Or myself, someone with a developmental disability (as defined by the CDC and other federal agencies), who can't use a wheelchair (as often I have nobody to push me, and asking my literally half-blind self to push or use an ECV is just asking for safety issues). Not ideal!

Happyday

Return to line wasn't the only alternative possible accommodation. Rider switch was listed as a possible alternative accommodation also (for disability separate from use for those not tall enough), which also uses lightning lane. And that is likely to be used for many attractions for an individual person who has that accommodation each day.
We already use rider switch when the DAS individual can not or will not ride an attraction. We are not the only ones either, that being said I don't think everyone knows this and Disney is bringing it to the forefront during the changes.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
This is where ill disagree…. We dont know how this will work but you have to hope that if one leaves the line for whatever reason the time they are gone does not work against them… so with that being said. Why wouldnt someone join line say they have to leave go do things that are short and come back close to the wait time? In theory the same way DAS was used… now with that being said anyone with multiple people in parties my guess is will have to keep people on the regular line but there will be plenty of cases where parents cant do that…
Ok, I see your point the way it needs to function shouldn't be a disadvantage, that's fair, and yes, it needs to provide the accomodations it was intended for, and that could certainly be abused by guests who would use that time to do anything but use the restroom.

The cynic in me would like to see how high the flames will reach from the dumpster fire when this rolls out.

Splash4eva

Ok, I see your point the way it needs to function shouldn't be a disadvantage, that's fair, and yes, it needs to provide the accomodations it was intended for, and that could certainly be abused by guests who would use that time to do anything but use the restroom.

The cynic in me would like to see how high the flames will reach from the dumpster fire when this rolls out.
Soaring well above Cindys castle that is for sure!

Fido Chuckwagon

This is part of my point. ADHD is considered one… so anyone who is “abusing” the system now has an easy out to continue to do so. Do people really think this will not happen?
Of course there will still be abuse. The idea is to reduce abuse. A lot of the arguments in this thread seem to boil down to “You can’t eliminate all abuse so why bother trying?”

Splash4eva

Of course there will still be abuse. The idea is to reduce abuse. A lot of the arguments in this thread seem to boil down to “You can’t eliminate all abuse so why bother trying?”
Because the argument is accurate. They are doing good things tho with the reducing party size & pre books

lazyboy97o

Because making things more difficult for people who need accommodations is not going to reduce the abuse. You need to stop people from lying about their needs. So long as they know what to say they can just say it. This is trying to reduce use by bluntly disqualifying people, the same strategy they originally tried with DAS.

Chi84

Premium Member
People who lie to get access will continue to do so….
Then even more will have to be done. Disney wants people back in lines or paying to avoid them. With an aging population and expanding categories of disabilities, the system may not be able to handle DAS like accommodations even absent any abuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom