News New Main Street, U.S.A Costumes for Cast Members at Magic Kingdom

Brian

yes but now every single one of the new ones do.
I mean, certainly Disney has an agenda, but I don't think it has seeped into the design choices for this particular costume refresh. Especially since there is no set women or men's costumes anymore, only version A and version B. They can wear whichever they please.

MagicHappens1971

@Brian beat me to it, but there’s no such thing as “women’s” costumes & “men’s” costumes. They’re just “A” & “B”. With that being said anyone can wear which ever one they like best. Starbucks & the complex of Sunset Ranch share two costumes one is pink & one is green, a lot of cast wear the green one because it is more comfortable.

FigmentForever96

I was in line for FEA once, and I’m not sure if the entire pavilion had a thing going because all the ladies were wearing the outfit with pants and the men were wearing the long skirts. I thought maybe it had always been that way but I went back couple weeks later and it was reversed back. Either way, I wish my waist could fit the skirts those men were wearing cause they were making it work fabulously

Anyway, back to the normal bickering

Lilofan

The new men’s emporium costume (blue vest) is the one that really bothers me - it’s not really correct to the period - much like the new candy store itself - it’s more of a cartoon caricature of the time period.
It’s ok to me. Do you remember the Security cast costumes look liked the Good Humor ice cream truck employee ? The current costumes of Security makes them look a little more professional.

Lilofan

"Your comfort is ruining my experience. Please be hotter and sweatier so I can get back to making memories with my family. Thank you
I remember back in the day that the Disney mgt wore a long sleeve pressed dress shirt with business slacks and tie in the brutal hot summer outside at MK while managing their operation while sweating under pressure. Just by looking at them work in desert like conditions wearing business attire was impressive.

cranbiz

I wasn't a fan of the bus cast costume change at the time. Call me crazy but the purple pants made you bus cast.

The current costumes do make bus cast look like professional drivers and take away the whimsey that told you that you are at Disney World. I will say that they really were not any cooler in the heat than the old costumes but they did appear to shed water better. Several times in the old purple pants I had to go to costuming for a fresh costume because I was caught in the rain where that was less with the Bolivian Army General's costume that they went to.

Dear Prudence

Here's the announcement:

Are you ready? Cast are all smiles as they prepare to enter their new Main Street, U.S.A costumes era! Here’s a sneak peek at some of the costumes they’ll soon be debuting. Not only do these turn-of-the century Disney fits keep function and comfort top of mind with lightweight, breathable fabric, they’re also made from recyclable materials that help keep the environment in mind too.

View attachment 773065
The blue dress with the apron and hat is SOOOOO CUTE!!!! 😍😍😍😍

Figments Friend

Waiting for:

“This fits better in Epcot.”
“Walt is rolling over in his grave.”
“They don’t look like dwarfs to me.”
“Female wearing a tie - too woke!”
“Why does that guy have a pie on his head?”
“The magic is gone.”
“Sam did nothing.”

Previous comments did not disappoint, either!
You forgot to add -
“They ruined my childhood”.

😉

-

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Lightweight and Eco-Friendly: Disney's new Cast Member costumes debut at Magic Kingdom​

Main-Street-USA_Full_55770.jpg

Main-Street-USA_Full_55772.jpg

Main-Street-USA_Full_55768.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom