News Test Track to be reimagined

doctornick

Oh I agree and I'll take it a step further. How you use the IP can make all the difference. Take Avatar for example. There are ways to use that IP that would be an absolutely terrible fit for the animal kingdom. But the way they did it, works pretty well. There's a lot more that goes into the whole debate of IP or no IP. Or at least there should be.

And it at least seems like they are planning to execute IJ and Encanto in a way to fit DAK as well. Obviously, details matter, but they are at a minimum superficially trying to have them harmonize with the rest of the park.

jeanericuser001

I got an interesting thing to discuss about this. What would be a great new merch that disney could sell for the new test track? One idea that comes to mind is to use a 3d scanner to take a 3d image of a family in a test track vehicle and then 3d print a mini version of all the family members in the vehicle. An interesting little thing to show off of your whole family in a test track vehicle. Any other interesting ideas that come to mind?

HMF

Now to steer this test vehicle back onto its slotted track - the Test Track re-theme will hopefully take us to a good place. I’m not giving up hope on Epcot yet…
I haven't given up on Test Track as a possible positive experience but the cohesiveness of EPCOT died with the end of Reflections of Earth in my opinion.

Sneaky

Yknow, I think new versions of attractions “inspired” by the originals is better than actually getting the originals back. For as cool and nostalgic it would be, it kidna would be a step back, unless updated somehow. Whats gone is gone forever. Im more rooting for a spiritu successor for horizons and gmr someday. A quote I saw somewhere perfectly encapsulates my feelings on the desire to bring a ton of defunct Epcot back: ““deep down people dont really want the same thing from the past again, they really want new things that made them feel the same sense of wonder the original things did”

Disclaimer: classic Epcot is Cool , and I LOVE all the defunct rides dearly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmdr_Crimson

Yknow, I think new versions of attractions “inspired” by the originals is better than actually getting the originals back. For as cool and nostalgic it would be, it kidna would be a step back, unless updated somehow. Whats gone is gone forever. Im more rooting for a spiritu successor for horizons and gmr someday. A quote I saw somewhere perfectly encapsulates my feelings on the desire to bring a ton of defunct Epcot back: ““deep down people dont really want the same thing from the past again, they really want new things that made them feel the same sense of wonder the original things did”

Disclaimer: classic Epcot is Cool , and I LOVE all the defunct rides dearly.
If we're expected to see humorous scenes of people traveling like we did previously and an updated version of "It's fun to be free" I'd be okay with this...

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainsOfDisney

A quote I saw somewhere perfectly encapsulates my feelings on the desire to bring a ton of defunct Epcot back: ““deep down people dont really want the same thing from the past again, they really want new things that made them feel the same sense of wonder the original things did”
I don’t think that quote is accurate - if I wanted a new experience I would go somewhere new. Now things need to be updated - when I first rode spaceship earth they showed the “future” and it was 2 kids having a face time call. But when I visit Epcot I do indeed want to ride spaceship earth, hear the voices of Liberty, ride living with the land and most of all - see Illuminations!!!!!

celluloid

I completely disagree and really like the story treatments that they're going for.

If anything, they're doing more of a disservice to the IPs than to DAK.
I agree with this.

I have stated you either sacrafice the integrity of the park, or the character.
Particularly with Indy.

Which is odd and funny because execs want the character or IP so badly, yet they alter and manipulate it to something else for it to fit.

Captain Neo

Other than the interior of WoL, I don't know what else in EPCOT could be considered Memphis. WoL was HEAVILY Memphis inspired though.

Edit: Also the Swan and Dolphin hotel since it was Michael Graves...directly part of the Memphis Group

Here's a video about the Memphis Group if anyone is interested:

‘I guess innoventions and parts of the “Epcot 94” aesthetic

jmuboy

If we're expected to see humorous scenes of people traveling like we did previously and an updated version of "It's fun to be free" I'd be okay with this...
100% Agree. There are so many humorous scenes from WoM that would still be ironic and funny today. And if just a couple of those old scenes were recreated and added into the new TT3.0 (along with Its Fun to be Free) then I'd be a happy camper.

DreamfinderGuy

Should we expect audio-animatronics, show scenes featuring different vehicles over the years, and It's Fun to be Free?
I wouldn't expect any of this, seems like an easy way to be let down. They've made no reference or even allusion to any of this being included. Fun to be Free seems highly likely though, I don't know how you would advertise something as World of Motion inspired and not include it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom