News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

At the risk of scouring through 854 pages can someone tell if this update is a success or not ?
It depends on what you define as a success.

This is a success as defined by TWDC already I think.

Success as defined by the guest, its too early to tell.

My personal requirements for success are very basic. Can I get on the ride in a reasonable amount of time and it does not go down. I already like this attraction as its a fun log flume ride.

Last edited:

disneyC97

I've said my piece on this, but my biggest problem is how many scenes that were full of AAs were just replaced by nothing. The biggest offenders to me are: Four geese and thre frogs being replaced by one Louis, the Raccoon/Porcupine and sweeping rabbits becoming screens, Br'er Rabbit, Fox, and Bear in the bee cave (and all the spinning bees) being replaced by Mondo and a giant bottle. It just leaves alot of dead space where the animatronics used to fit so seamlessly into the world.
Agreed. I said it somewhere else here or on the DL version of this thread, but I can't imagine this was anything but intentional. Less AAs or other moving parts going forward, less maintenance expenses. It's a much smaller thing, but felt the same way when they removed the original parrot barker bird in front of PotC.

Incomudro

I've said my piece on this, but my biggest problem is how many scenes that were full of AAs were just replaced by nothing. The biggest offenders to me are: Four geese and thre frogs being replaced by one Louis, the Raccoon/Porcupine and sweeping rabbits becoming screens, Br'er Rabbit, Fox, and Bear in the bee cave (and all the spinning bees) being replaced by Mondo and a giant bottle. It just leaves alot of dead space where the animatronics used to fit so seamlessly into the world.
The difference in composition between those still images is staggering.

JohnD

Agreed. No need to get into why. That has been covered ad nauseum. But if it didn't have at least as many scenes as Splash, it would be deemed as not as great as the original to put it mildly.

TalkToEthan

thoughts on my first Tiana ride yesterday

Eye ‘A’
Show scenes/sets and AA’s are far superior than before with improved details and fluid movements. The frontage and queue are vast improvements as well. Tiana boasts outstanding visuals.

Ear ‘D’ or ‘D-‘
Music and sounds should embarrass those responsible.

Story ‘F’
Who thought up this nonsensical story. There is no conflict, no adversity and no adventure—-boredom abounds

Physical comfort “D-“
My hopes for improving smoothing out the ride on this major overhaul were gone early…….noticeably worse than Space Mountain

Last edited:

DonniePeverley

thoughts on my first Tiana ride yesterday

Eye ‘A’
Show scenes/sets and AA’s are far superior than before with improved details and fluid movements. The frontage and queue are vast improvements as well. Tiana boasts outstanding visuals.

Ear ‘D’ or ‘D-‘
Music and sounds should embarrass those responsible.

Story ‘F’
Who thought up this nonsensical story. There is no conflict, no adversity and no adventure—-boredom abounds

Physical comfort “D-“
My hopes for improving smoothing out the ride on this major overhaul were gone early…….noticeably worse than Space Mountain

Damning review.

Brian

The attraction posted has been placed in the railroad station breezeway. Photo from the site that shall not be named. Nobody else has it as of now that I can find.

Tiana-Attraction-Poster-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom