News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JohnD

At the risk of scouring through 854 pages can someone tell if this update is a success or not ?
I'll be honest that I haven't been on it yet and my observations are from video only. It seems to me that the section before you shrink is the most lacking. You see Louis, three sets of the band, and Tiana saying more critters need to be found. That's it. I wish there were more scenes, like you're adding critters as you go. The shrink area is alright but it can do with out the screen of the large bobbing Tiana and Louis heads. No tension at the lift either. It's alright but not great. If I were to give it a letter grade it would be a B-.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
At the risk of scouring through 854 pages can someone tell if this update is a success or not ?
Well, I just showed my dad two POVs - one of Splash, and one of Tianas. He is not a Disney fan by any means, but he said while he didn't really get the story of either, Splash had the clearer story. However, he said very clearly that the visuals are more beautiful, the music better, and the Animatronics more realistic on Tianas. He rated Splash 7/10 and Tiana's 9.5/10. He also said that if he was at Disney, he'd probably ride it several times and maybe even buy a shirt or two. So yeah, I'd say overall it's been a success.
Disclaimer - neither he nor I have actually been on it yet. I should make that clear.

Fido Chuckwagon

Well, I just showed my dad two POVs - one of Splash, and one of Tianas. He is not a Disney fan by any means, but he said while he didn't really get the story of either, Splash had the clearer story. However, he said very clearly that the visuals are more beautiful, the music better, and the Animatronics more realistic on Tianas. He rated Splash 7/10 and Tiana's 9.5/10. He also said that if he was at Disney, he'd probably ride it several times and maybe even buy a shirt or two. So yeah, I'd say overall it's been a success.
Disclaimer - neither he nor I have actually been on it yet. I should make that clear.
The POV video really doesn’t do it justice. I rode it on opening day. It’s decent. It’s not splash, but I’ll fully admit I’m biased by nostalgia factor. If they get it working properly I think it’s going to be a hit.

JoeCamel

The POV video really doesn’t do it justice. I rode it on opening day. It’s decent. It’s not splash, but I’ll fully admit I’m biased by nostalgia factor. If they get it working properly I think it’s going to be a hit.
Like Mine Train it's good enough.....
Going to be a long time in this space, hope it weathers well

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
A worthy and well done replacement would have achieved almost universal praise and support.

TBA speaks for itself into whether that was achieved.

If you’re asking the question because you yourself are unable to tell it’s good, then it probably is not.

Tha Realest

A worthy and well done replacement would have achieved almost universal praise and support.

TBA speaks for itself into whether that was achieved.

If you’re asking the question because you yourself are unable to tell it’s good, then it probably is not.
It acheived largely what it set out to do. YMMV as to what those objectives were, stated or unstated.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
it checked a box and someone got a bonus

With all the box checking, they appeared to have missed one.

1719920478019.jpeg

Double Take Idk GIF by Laff

retr0gate

It seems like the general response has either been overwhelmingly positive or overwhelmingly negative depending on who you talk to. Having finally ridden it in person recently, I found myself somewhere in the middle. All this talk about it being an upgrade or a downgrade but it truly feels like an equal trade off. The "bones" of Splash Mountain are still there and anything that was removed was replaced by something equally substantial (even if not always in the same exact location). It really just felt like the same ride in a different font.

ToTBellHop

It seems like the general response has either been overwhelmingly positive or overwhelmingly negative depending on who you talk to. Having finally ridden it in person recently, I found myself somewhere in the middle. All this talk about it being an upgrade or a downgrade but it truly feels like an equal trade off. The "bones" of Splash Mountain are still there and anything that was removed was replaced by something equally substantial (even if not always in the same exact location). It really just felt like the same ride in a different font.
Unfortunately, they went with Comic Sans. They should have just stuck with Times New Roman and did a book report.
1719928224666.jpeg

Epcot82Guy

I think that sums up a number of problems with current projects. They are a trade off. Leaving aside the other parts of this story for Splash itself and its inspiration material, to take something that is enjoyed, spend this time and money on it - for it to basically be a lateral move - is hard to justify as success. It shows a disconnect with the broader audience.

I think the fairer comparison in these scenarios is the existing attraction with the new attraction's budget as a massive renovation/redo budget. Not the old attraction on its last legs to the new attraction on its first legs.

I genuinely wonder if a significantly renovated/enhanced Splash (again, ignoring the other issues) would result in the same result for you - or anyone else.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I've said my piece on this, but my biggest problem is how many scenes that were full of AAs were just replaced by nothing. The biggest offenders to me are: Four geese and thre frogs being replaced by one Louis, the Raccoon/Porcupine and sweeping rabbits becoming screens, Br'er Rabbit, Fox, and Bear in the bee cave (and all the spinning bees) being replaced by Mondo and a giant bottle. It just leaves alot of dead space where the animatronics used to fit so seamlessly into the world.

Attachments

• Bees.PNG
    Bees.PNG
    729.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Br;er Frog Comp.PNG
    Br;er Frog Comp.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • Bunnies Comp.PNG
    Bunnies Comp.PNG
    790.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Geese Compare Louis.png
    Geese Compare Louis.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Geese Compare right.png
    Geese Compare right.png
    640.1 KB · Views: 70
  • FoxandRabbitComp.png
    FoxandRabbitComp.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Vultures Compare.png
    Vultures Compare.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 38
  • FarCom.PNG
    FarCom.PNG
    619.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom