News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

easyrowrdw

I was able to ride Tiana's more than once during the AP previews (I feel very lucky). I'd read some of the comments here, but had not watched any videos before riding.

Good things: Everything looks great. The animatronics are impressive and the music is fun. The lighting in the different cave areas was quite lovely. The lush environments are a nice change from the more barren (but appropriate) design of Splash. It's not a mountain anymore, but there are still plenty of splashes. I thought one of the lighting effects was really cool and caught me by surprise.

Criticisms: The story of looking for musicians and finding them in different places felt repetitive. All the critters just play music so there's not much variety in what they're doing. There isn't much happening for first few minutes of Splash anyway so Tiana's actually seemed to use more of the ride length for story. I think I just wished there was more variety in what was happening along the way. I wish more characters would've been involved before the end of the ride.

Questions: What is the deal with the armadillo? He's around a few times looking perturbed or something, but I don't why. What does the food co-op have to do with the ride? Salt mines?

This is way more thought than I ever put into analyzing Splash Mountain. I had no prior connection to those characters and basically just enjoyed that ride. I enjoyed this one too. I think it's just burdened by being a replacement.

easyrowrdw

Construction related stuff...

There were a couple things that seemed to be wrong (each on a different ride). Something was off on one of the water jets. One of them shot me right in the side of the head 😂 One time there were no special lights on the way up the last hill. You just had a little bit of mist/smoke coming out of the sides. It's way better with the lighting.

Raineman

Construction related stuff...

There were a couple things that seemed to be wrong (each on a different ride). Something was off on one of the water jets. One of them shot me right in the side of the head 😂 One time there were no special lights on the way up the last hill. You just had a little bit of mist/smoke coming out of the sides. It's way better with the lighting.
In the side of the head? Ouch. They're gonna have to fix that quickly, or there will be alot of Disney Karens fuming as they get off the ride lol

ToTBellHop

In the side of the head? Ouch. They're gonna have to fix that quickly, or there will be alot of Disney Karens fuming as they get off the ride lol
Guests weren't having enough fun so they decided to quickly increase the fun with
Image result for hit with water gif

Figments Friend

So a friend sent me this today….his on ride photo from the AP Preview.

Found it interesting the image has been changed from ‘We Know a Shortcut!’ to this gal saying ‘Let’s Get To The Party’!

IMG_3911.jpeg

Wondering if this is a recent change, or just a different option for AP’ers.

Thought it worth mentioning ….

-

brettf22

Premium Member

Found it interesting the image has been changed from ‘We Know a Shortcut!’ to this gal saying ‘Let’s Get To The Party’!

View attachment 793097

-
From my AP preview last week
IMG_7899.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member

View attachment 793097

-

I believe it can change, as can the critters on the upper left side:

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Allegedly Disney hired a bunch of social media posters to turn the tide on the negativity of this ride.
Anyone who's been posting anything other than hate toward TBA has already been accused of being on Disney's payroll. So, the source is the mindset of many, who post here, that if someone has an opinion other than your own, they must be defective in some way. They're on the payroll. They're crazy dusters. They're CMs. etc...

It just amounts to an ad hominem. A childish schoolyard taunt.

And oh, the high dudgeon if someone does the same to them and call them 'haters.'

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Anyone who's been posting anything other than hate toward TBA has already been accused of being on Disney's payroll. So, the source is the mindset of many, who post here, that if someone has an opinion other than your own, they must be defective in some way. They're on the payroll. They're crazy dusters. They're CMs. etc...

It just amounts to an ad hominem. A childish schoolyard taunt.

And oh, the high dudgeon if someone does the same to them and call them 'haters.'
So you don't think Disney would incite an army of "payrolled" influencers to prop up TBA due to poor reception of their official on-ride video and the tepid word of mouth criticisms both here and elsewhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom