News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

I'm both very down on losing Splash but also pretty optimistic that this ride will be good. I do think a bunch of the negativity generally seem valid but nitpicky. To me, there is a good bit to be optimistic about because the ride mechanics/layout is so strong as a basis, PatF offers a good template for a ride combining cute characters and engaging music, and there's probably a lot of will (and $$$) being put forth to make sure this is executed at the highest level. Will it succeed? I dunno and I will be honest that today's crop of engineers don't give me unbridled hope but I also think it wouldn't be that difficulty to make an overall great ride as long as they stick to good basic storytelling and use the resources that are available for this.

It’s a 10 minute indoor/ outdoor water ride with 3 drops including one really thrilling drop. That alone makes it better than 3/4 of attractions out there. That’s without factoring in new AAs, a charming setting and good music from PatF. I mean they could have rethemed Splash to Zootopia. With all of that said, I’ve came to conclusion that TBA won’t be as good as Splash for obvious reasons that I won’t state again but that doesn’t mean I don’t want it to be the best version of itself. That’s where I feel they are falling short now from what I’ve seen and heard.

Last edited:

JD80

I think sometimes some of us are just extremely surprised or perplexed that what's being revealed is so celebrated by some. Like the fact that some people here say that the exterior looks fantastic and others think (and I agree) that it looks like a giant piece of broccoli. It seems like blind positivity because it differs so strongly from how some of us see it.

Sometimes in life people have different opinions, as you get older you learn not to be surprised by that fact.

erasure fan1

I am optimistic that TBA will end up being a pretty awesome experience on its own, but it might unfortunately end up living in the shadow of the master class attraction it replaced.
I know Disney would have never considered it. But I would have preferred that they just bulldoze splash and let imagineering go to town on designing the best ride system. There will always be comparisons to what was there before. But with a brand new ride you aren't constantly reminded of what was there before. It also lets them do whatever they need to make the best ride possible since there will be no limitations from the previous layout.

Ghost93

I know Disney would have never considered it. But I would have preferred that they just bulldoze splash and let imagineering go to town on designing the best ride system. There will always be comparisons to what was there before. But with a brand new ride you aren't constantly reminded of what was there before. It also lets them do whatever they need to make the best ride possible since there will be no limitations from the previous layout.
I don't think modern Disney would build such an elaborate ride system so the retheme was probably the best case scenario for Tiana.

All this argument over a Warning sign (yes, I know it's now devolved into arguments over every aspect of the ride, and arguments about arguments about the ride), which is meant to be informative, not a piece of theming.

The purpose is to explain to potential riders what physical conditions they will be exposed to on the ride. Every attraction at a major theme park has such a sign. They can be themed a little bit, but the point is to stand-out so that potential riders who may not be able to handle a giant drop can be warned, and Disney can protect themselves if those guests still choose to ride. (And yes, the giant visible drop should be give-away enough, but theme park guests can often be dumb and get in a queue without even realizing what ride they're boarding). As the POTC example showed, these signs always stand out and aren't meant to look like a natural extension of theming.

Professortango1

What posts are you referencing?
These forums, other forums on other sites, Facebook groups and posts. Almost anytime new information is released, it explodes all over my algorithm and the comments and posts are all pretty enthusiastic and treating the ride as the second coming.

Animaniac93-98

I am optimistic that TBA will end up being a pretty awesome experience on its own, but it might unfortunately end up living in the shadow of the master class attraction it replaced.

Which would be a shame after so many years of development and construction.

And also because this will be the only "new" ride at WDW for a while...

Chi84

Premium Member
These forums, other forums on other sites, Facebook groups and posts. Almost anytime new information is released, it explodes all over my algorithm and the comments and posts are all pretty enthusiastic and treating the ride as the second coming.
I don’t follow FB or other forums on other sites, but I don’t see what you’re describing here.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Well, we'll see what the execution will be like. I definitely nervous that the scenes won't be as well executed (in particular that they may be more sparse) as Splash but hope they are caparable.

I do think, however, that the difference in songs will probably be noticeable to casual fans. Especially since Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah has a certain level of cultural penetrance.

This has long been a concern of mine as well. The rural farm motif of Splash was vibrant and with scenes throughout. I just hope they deliver the same detail and care with this version and not use "the darkness of the bayou" as justification for sparse nothingness. To add, I found the image showcasing the various frogs in their swampy surrounding to be very prosaic and visually uninteresting. But perhaps it was only a staged image of the Wayfair garden statues and not really indicative of anything except to show their continued construction progress.

I've no doubt the songs will be lively and fun. I just hope the rest can match that energy.

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Ooo the St. Aug Marching 100! They'd be a great marching band to have in the park on opening day.

Headline there may be misleading as story only confirms that the band is on the soundtrack. The headline is the only part mentions ride feature. I guess we'll soon see!

Surferboy567

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom