News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Guys help. Let me understand clearly😃😃 I will be at the parks from July 18th to July 26th inclusive, how do I get on Tiana? Or with a virtual queue or with a lightning lane? What is the difference between lightning lane and Genie+ lightning lane? Is there a risk that I won't be able to do the attraction? Is there no possibility of a standby queue for the period I will be there? For me, as a European, everything is new, sorry😞

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details on Annual Passholder previews:

Annual Passholder Preview details:

This June, be among the first to experience Tiana's Bayou Adventure—a new attraction in Magic Kingdom park!

As a special thank you for being an Annual Passholder, you're invited to ride Tiana's Bayou Adventure before the attraction opens to the general public on June 28, 2024.

Passholder Preview Dates
Passholder previews will take place at Magic Kingdom park on June 13, 14, 16, 17, 18 and 20.

About Tiana's Bayou Adventure
Embark on an enchanting musical journey inspired by the Disney animated film The Princess and the Frog!

Tiana's Bayou Adventure brings you into the next chapter of Princess Tiana's story. Join Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis on a voyage through shimmering bayou waters as they prepare for a spirited celebration during Mardi Gras season. Along the way, you'll see familiar faces, make new friends and plunge into fun—while enjoying toe-tapping tunes that will transport you to a lush Louisiana marsh.

Park Reservations & Virtual Queue Required
A virtual queue will be in place for Annual Passholder previews of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Here’s how it works!

• First, make a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park on a preview date to have the opportunity to join the 7:00 AM virtual queue for that day. Or, you can make a park reservation to any theme park on a preview date to have the opportunity to join the 1:00 PM virtual queue.
  • On the date of your reservation, request to join the virtual queue by using the My Disney Experience app. There will be 2 opportunities to join each day of previews.
    • The 7:00 AM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
    • The 1:00 PM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom park without a reservation after 2:00 PM.
    • Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue.
Important Information
  • Passholders must have a Walt Disney World Resort Annual Pass with valid admission on the preview date. Applicable pass blockout dates apply. Park reservations are limited and subject to availability.
  • Each Passholder can request to join a virtual queue no more than once per day.
  • Passholders may hold boarding groups for the preview virtual queue and an attraction virtual queue at the same time, when available.
  • Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to participate in the preview. Boarding groups for a virtual queue are limited, subject to availability and are not guaranteed. Not all boarding groups may be called to return, based on availability of the attraction. Learn more about virtual queues.
  • Offering, dates and hours are subject to change or cancellation without notice or liability.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Perhaps they are thinking this will be down due to weather a lot and it’s less messy to just close a Standby and issue return LLs than to have to refund

Curious also it was mentioned that the VQ is not expected to last long.

I think you nailed it with they have to make G+ worthwhile, especially if BTM is going down late summer/early fall.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Anyone else find it odd they're releasing details on AP previews before CMs? They did specifically mention CM previews were happening in the Sunday media release, just not when.

griffin ferrari

Guys help. Let me understand clearly😃😃 I will be at the parks from July 18th to July 26th inclusive, how do I get on Tiana? Or with a virtual queue or with a lightning lane? What is the difference between lightning lane and Genie+ lightning lane? Is there a risk that I won't be able to do the attraction? Is there no possibility of a standby queue for the period I will be there? For me, as a European, everything is new, sorry😞
By then it might be off of the Virtual Queue, the post says that they will be using the Queue for the opening days then it will move to standby queue. genie+ lightning land is included when you by genie+. Individual lightning lane is a separate purchase than genie+ but is only good for that one ride slot.

etc98

Anyone else find it odd they're releasing details on AP previews before CMs? They did specifically mention CM previews were happening in the Sunday media release, just not when.
Possibly AP previews are later than CM previews. They might still not have an official day when everything is done yet, so they need to wait to see exactly when CM previews can start

pdude81

Got reservations for my wife and son but we have another commitment that weekend. Hopefully the DVC previews will be just after this window, but my guess is that the dates will be mostly the same.

By then it might be off of the Virtual Queue, the post says that they will be using the Queue for the opening days then it will move to standby queue. genie+ lightning land is included when you by genie+. Individual lightning lane is a separate purchase than genie+ but is only good for that one ride slot.
Thank you very much but so for the attraction or virtual queue or standby if they already remove virtual queue or genie+? There won't be a single lightning strike? SICK? With genie+ can I only do it once a day?

DisneyDodo

So TBA capacity will essentially initially be divided amongst 2 lottery systems: VQ and G+ LL. I’m sure both will sell out within (milli)seconds, so it just comes down to who can push buttons the fastest.

The good news is that this should help relieve some of the G+ demand for other attractions, most notably JC and PPF.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I am really surprised that it's not ILL.

Surprised me too. I've always thought they should do away with ILL and just charge a higher price for Genie+. Having ILL separate has its issues, like disincentivizing taking an attraction down for maintenance

$50 floor for G+, no ILL, no tiers, 7 day advance reservation for your first Attraction for length of stay.

I know, that's crazy talk.

I think you nailed it with they have to make G+ worthwhile, especially if BTM is going down late summer/early fall.

They could have accomplished the same thing by moving 7DMT to Genie+ and having TBA as ILL. That would have probably been better for Genie+ because it would swap a roller coaster (BTM) for another coaster.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Surprised me too. I've always thought they should do away with ILL and just charge a higher price for Genie+. Having ILL separate has its issues, like disincentivizing taking an attraction down for maintenance

$50 floor for G+, no ILL, no tiers, 7 day advance reservation for your first Attraction for length of stay.

I know, that's crazy talk.

They could have accomplished the same thing by moving 7DMT to Genie+ and having TBA as ILL. That would have probably been better for Genie+ because it would swap a roller coaster (BTM) for another coaster.
ILL may not be received as well with TBA because of the with 2 or 3 load areas working (assuming they kept it the same as Splash) the load rate may be faster than 7DMT, Tron, GOTG, ROTR.

The other thing to consider is that this ride NEEDS good word of mouth. Putting a $30-40 per ride ILL alongside yet another insidious VQ could be viewed as a mistake in that regards.

DCBaker

Premium Member
DVC preview details:

Disney Vacation Club preview details:

Be among the first to embark on this enchanting musical adventure at Magic Kingdom® Park. Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can attend a special sneak peek of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure before it opens at Magic Kingdom® Park in summer 2024.

Inspired by the beloved story and characters from the fan-favorite film, The Princess and the Frog, join Princess Tiana, Naveen and jazz-loving alligator Louis on a musical adventure through the bayou as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration.

Event registration opens on Thursday, May 16, 2024 at 10 AM Eastern Time. For access to the registration link, keep an eye on your inbox and the News & Alerts section on DisneyVacationClub.com. Pre-registration is required and space will fill up quickly.

Event Dates & Hours

Wednesday, June 12, 2024
1 PM to 4 PM Eastern Time

Wednesday, June 19, 2024
9 AM to 12 PM Eastern Time

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is located in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom® Park, to the left of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Check-in will take place at the entrance of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Eligibility

Disney Vacation Club Members who are eligible for Membership Extras benefits. Must hold a qualifying Disney Resort reservation using their Membership. In order to attend, you and the number of guests on your resort reservation as of May 12, 2024 must have a valid theme park admission to Magic Kingdom® Park and a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom® Park on the day of the preview event (unless otherwise noted on your admission type). Click here to see which admission types require a theme park reservation. Theme park admission is not part of the ownership interest and is sold separately.

Party Size Limit

Members may only make one reservation for themselves and the number of guests on their resort reservation as of May 12, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

Other Important Information

Advance preview registration is required for this event and walk-ups will not be accommodated.

A valid Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card and photo ID are required at event check-in. The Member listed on the Digital Membership Card must be in attendance.

Must have the Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card downloaded to a mobile device’s wallet to check in for the event.

Offering and operating hours are subject to availability, closures and change or cancellation without notice. Entry to the preview is not guaranteed.

Attendees younger than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom