News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Ghost93

I honestly don’t hate the banner.
I kinda like it. It's a harmless Walt quote that also fits Tiana welcoming people onto a ride that should — hopefully — bring happiness.

I'll save final judgement until we get the full video ridethrough, but I'm feeling generally optimistic about Tiana's Bayou Adventure. There seems to be a lot of genuine positive energy from those involved in making it and the videos we've seen so far have been mostly impressive.

Bayou

Omg the plot whole of Tiana being able to talk to Louis is such a big obvious plot hole. I don’t think it distracting tho because most people wont think much of it

Sir_Cliff

The quotation doesn’t work and the design is scarcely any better. They really need to stop using fonts that look so obviously computer-generated (I’m referring to the text under “Welcome”).
Completely agree. This has been discussed before, but WDI needs to work on consistency and quality when it comes to its graphics department. Even on this project in the past few weeks we've had these banners and the signs on the barn that just look too modern alongside the Critter Co-Op sign which may be fantasy-based but more in-line with what you expect from a Disney theme park.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Damned if you do, damned if you don't?

The point of everything they do is to appeal to all guests, including the super fans. Let's give them some slack, they are clearing employing the level of care we expect.
I don't know this just screams "How do you do fellow kids" kind of energy but instead of just it's "How do you do fellow Disney fans"

Brer Oswald

Damned if you do, damned if you don't?

The point of everything they do is to appeal to all guests, including the super fans. Let's give them some slack, they are clearing employing the level of care we expect.
“Gathered Together This Wonderful Day” would’ve been a better quote for that. They should be trying to win back fans of the previous attraction with little winks and nods. A sort of “we see you, and we recognize the old attraction was good. This attraction is good too and we hope you enjoy it.”

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
“Gathered Together This Wonderful Day” would’ve been a better quote for that. They should be trying to win back fans of the previous attraction with little winks and nods. A sort of “we see you, and we recognize the old attraction was good. This attraction is good too and we hope you enjoy it.”

Taking the approach of “We Don’t Talk About Splash” has only resulted in more criticism.
Fair enough. Or "It's A Time For Celebratin' Today"

JohnD

Not to steal @Drew the Disney Dude's own thunder but, new banner alert:

1713972197214.png

JohnD

In the grand scheme of things...it’s a banner and it isn’t going to make or break an attraction for me. I think we are blowing this a little out of proportion.
I think the point is, why can't the final scene do that as you enter? You didn't see Splash with a "Welcome home!" banner just before entering the final scene. Isn't the restaurant façade (yeah, autocorrect put in the fancy symbol) in that scene? Put the banner over that. Putting the banner outside is overkill like we won't figure out we're at the end.

J4546

I kinda like it. It's a harmless Walt quote that also fits Tiana welcoming people onto a ride that should — hopefully — bring happiness.

I'll save final judgement until we get the full video ridethrough, but I'm feeling generally optimistic about Tiana's Bayou Adventure. There seems to be a lot of genuine positive energy from those involved in making it and the videos we've seen so far have been mostly impressive.
same

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom