News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Gusey

Whilst there is no official exclusivity clone, has any attraction that was originally designed for a Tokyo park been duplicated for another resort after Pinocchio in 1983? They have used the technology like trackless rides etc. but never cloned a Tokyo original attraction. They have added attractions from other resorts to the Tokyo parks though, like Raging Spirits being a clone of Paris' Indiana Jones rollercoaster or Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland

Brer Oswald

Whilst there is no official exclusivity clone, has any attraction that was originally designed for a Tokyo park been duplicated for another resort after Pinocchio in 1983? They have used the technology like trackless rides etc. but never cloned a Tokyo original attraction. They have added attractions from other resorts to the Tokyo parks though, like Raging Spirits being a clone of Paris' Indiana Jones rollercoaster or Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland
Would Pinocchio even count? It was built in tandem with the Tokyo version, and was earmarked for it's location at Disneyland in the late 70s. It's a similar case to the WDW and TDR Splash Mountains.

Gusey

Would Pinocchio even count? It was built in tandem with the Tokyo version, and was earmarked for it's location at Disneyland in the late 70s. It's a similar case to the WDW and TDR Splash Mountains.
I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to be a Tokyo exclusive but then Disney decided to build it for Disneyland's new Fantasyland. It was cloned for Paris as well

UNCgolf

Also, the Beauty and the Beast ride in Tokyo is not particularly good. I'd be up for a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, just not a straight-up clone of Tokyo's.

I mean, it's not amazing and they could definitely do better, but it's still one of the best rides they've built anywhere recently. It's better than anything they've built at WDW in the last decade or so other than Rise and Flight of Passage.

Brer Panther

If you could bring ONE ride from Tokyo to america, which one would it be?
Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek. Bring it to Hollywood Studios.
It is a fun family thrill coaster, but having ridden both, it is nowhere near Beauty and The Beast Tokyo for me. The queue alone for Beauty and the Beast.
The animatronics are great, but most of the ride is just spinning around in giant empty rooms to songs from the movie (the "Something There" scene should've just been one that we drift by, not a five-minute thing). It's not nearly as good as it could have been.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
A clone of that would be GREAT for an anniversary year.
While not an exact clone, my dream attraction would be Tokyo's 20,000 Leagues with a little Monster's Inc Ride and Seek tech thrown in so the "crew" of the submersible can pilot, periscope and explore the the ocean bottom with a searchlight that triggers effects. The ride could be a tame exploration or an adventurous encounter with a giant sea squid.

celluloid

Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek. Bring it to Hollywood Studios.

The animatronics are great, but most of the ride is just spinning around in giant empty rooms to songs from the movie (the "Something There" scene should've just been one that we drift by, not a five-minute thing). It's not nearly as good as it could have been.
I can understand that critique, but the detail, effects and atmosphere and everything in there is astounding. It has sing along moments as a focus which is different but has an incredibly low height requirement and pleases most. Is Slinky Dog really better?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom