News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Nickm2022

Whose idea? I thought the cars rumour has been killed multiple times now. Are the YouTubers still peddling it?
Ive seen multiple YouTubers still posting about it, I have no doubt Disney would consider cars but I just hope they don't do it, espesicailly with how out of place it is. Plus none of the rumors regarding BBTM seem that concrete, even with COCO I want it so bad but I just won't believe it until I see it.

doctornick

I wonder if they could pull a DL Indiana Jones or HM and somehow route the queue beneath the railroad tracks

The issue in that area is not the railroad berm but the Utilidors (and corresponding access road for trucks) which is below the ground level of the park. To get to the large unused area north of current Fantasyland (which is still within the RR berm) you would have to go over the access road leading to the Utilidors - the main loading area for the Utilidors is essentially below Pinocchio's Village Haus.

Last edited:

Delta-7

Mickey Views still believes RSR beyond Big Thunder Mountain "is still the plan" as of his latest video talking about the expansion. If he believes Big Thunder Mountain isn't getting retracked like people here are saying (in that same video), I wonder what he thinks of the Coco->BBTM/Moana->Adventureland rumors.

KingMickey13

Mickey Views still believes RSR beyond Big Thunder Mountain "is still the plan" as of his latest video talking about the expansion. If he believes Big Thunder Mountain isn't getting retracked like people here are saying (in that same video), I wonder what he thinks of the Coco->BBTM/Moana->Adventureland rumors.
He usually does a D23 predictions video but he’s been oddly silent.

FN2BFRE

In general I feel many Disney accounts have been oddly silent about predictions even though we are only 2 weeks out and d23 floor displays are now being built. Here's hoping they don't cut stuff at the 11th hour.
I think people are just too worried about having their credibility damaged, as what projects get shown off changes so frequently that no one is willing to risk confirming something only for it to be cut at the last minute (e.g., the Brazil Pavilion fiasco)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
In general I feel many Disney accounts have been oddly silent about predictions even though we are only 2 weeks out and d23 floor displays are now being built. Here's hoping they don't cut stuff at the 11th hour.

It's much easier to know the simple fact that Disney is planning something than to definitively nail down if/when Disney will make a public announcement about a project. Development of a project takes a team of people which makes the chances of a leak much higher. The final decision to greenlight a project and announce it to the public (and the decision on WHEN the announcement will take place) comes down to a MUCH smaller group of people, often higher up in the company with lower chances of leaking anything. Further, those "go"/"no go" decisions can be very last-minute making predictions of what will be announced at an event like this VERY difficult. You see the same thing in the video game industry. You're setting yourself up for failure as an "insider" if you try and predict what will be announced at D23.

Chef idea Mickey`=

My main concern is this area will be one theme instead of multiple. I don't want this area to become one land rather multiple. Variety is always better and so this idea that its cars in a generic dessert area and are abandoning villains gives me concern. Here's hoping to a few new lands that are unique to WDW
The other is Coco and possibly something Woody.. it's a Giant Desert.

Chef idea Mickey`=

That's the section of the ride where the vehicles slow to TTA speed and rotate, for the full 360 degree experience.
Rotates so everyone can witness some action being in taken the stalls. Doesn't mean you'll see anything just people walk in walk out but it's like the railroad you see the Splash finale scene... get it splash 🤣

GenChi

So...

7121e559.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom